View Full Version : Heroin

Karl F
12-05-2008, 12:47 PM

tynan19
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM
See the effects almost every day at the hospital. Almost wish they would walk some middle school aged kids through the er when an OD comes in or someone wakes up from an OD.

stcroixman
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Each generation has its cross to bear. The 80's were brutal with cocaine.Small town America is not exempt from anything anymore.It is sad. This country is just a mess.

saltfly
12-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Karl,using my trusty metal detector I find quite a few at the beaches.The prime places to aviod are the benches at the beach and the 1st 25' or so from the tar parking lots.Summer is worse at the benches and picknic tables but that still happens in the winter.1st Encounter Beach in Eastham,Skaket in Orleans,and Herring Cove in ptwn seem to be the worst.Also,watch out for them in soda cans tossed out of vehicles too.:cens:

Slingah
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
unreal bob... they should be :cheers2: & :smokin: instead... :huh:

right behind where i back my truck in at work... there always seems to be one or two that show up there per week too...

even worse.. was pullin into the Double Dragon lot parking next to a chitbox corrola, 4 younguns, dome light on.. and me sitting higher in the pickup, could look right in... they was cooking a spoon with a torch, right there middle of the lot at about 6 PM!!!... after grabbing my take out, there was another sedan pulled up next to them, dome lights on also, and i could see, some kind of.... exchange... on the way out of the lot, i see a cruiser parked over at Cookes... so i swing in and spill.... :as:
"um.. we would not want to interfere, as that might be under survelience by the State PD, or possibly DEA, or perhaps an ongoing investigation, maybe...... wouldn't want to upset the applecart..."...more likely... afraid of getting a .45 stuffed into his face.... which... bottom line... i can understand... i guess.... :huh:
:faga:

I'd say that cop was not doing his job....

Swimmer
12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Or at least thats how the courts treat it. Arrest them, lock them up, and the judge lets them go because nobody wants to deal with them. The judiciary lets thier social mantra be used as a cover for thier unwillingness to get involved, have the courage to place some in jail, and save thier lives. I have seen these kids. We would start dealing with them before they are teenagers. Always the kid that never had any set hours, parents didn't care if he/she came home or not. The schools new of what was going on and they are mandated reporters for child abuse. Ask a teacher when the last time he or any of thier colleagues ever filed a report with D.C.F. (formerly D.S.S.) about suspected child abuse. Teachers are the people that see the same kids come to school everyday in the same clothes. Schools are a big line of defense on these issues, but the ball gets dropped at this juncture most of the time. By the time they get to me and my colleagues, its too late. Those guys should have driven over there and dragged them out of the car Karl. Next time call the station and tell the O.I.C. that you just made a report of heroin use and the officers did what they did, nothing. If they truly were being watched then somebody would let you know maybe not then but in a day or two maybe. You wouldn't believe how many parents ro family members enable heroin use and don't do drugs themselves. Allow it to occur in there home, freely. That is until these same family members come home and find the heroin addicted family member stole everything that wasn't tied down and sold it to the nearest pawn shop. Then all of a sudden we get flooded with the same old calls. "I don't know how this happened", or "I never saw this coming". What do you mean you never saw it coming mister, little Johnny hasn't been coming home till midnight since he was nine years old and you never saw this coming. It's unfortunate that its a problem that answers its own question most of the time. And the problem is usually answered by the untimely death of a person to young. I could go on and on. Thier is one more thing though. If needles weren't readily available without prescription in every pharmacy they wouldn't be found laying all over the god damn place. I mean what legislator could actually argue with a straight face that someone who does heroin on a regular basis would be kind enough to dispose of the used needles appropriately. Heroin users are the most self-centered people on the face of the planet. They do not care about anything but themselves, but we are suppose to expect them to throw needles with contaminated blood and heroin residue and god knows what other disease that because of the needle being used to intraveneously inject heroin into a users arm now contains. That was the most insane law I have ever seen.

Slingah
12-05-2008, 07:20 PM
i'm not gonna judge him... either way... maybe he was telling me something, without really telling me something.... maybe, he was monitoring it, from where he was parked.... maybe he was gatherin plate #'s... or.. waiting to see if a bigger "fish" would come in to play...
or... perhaps, he wanted his shift to end, and go home in one piece, to his wife and kids.... i don't envy those guys their jobs, especially as most of them are now in waters that are uncharted for them...
so if he grabbed all 8 kids.. and found a few hundred bucks of smack... chances are.. Not One of them would do time....or go straight... I can truly understand the cops frustration with that too....i have seen first hand how the MA courts favor the rights of the perps... and that is what really Sucks!

hopefully he was on the case or couldnt say anything....I wouldnt want his job either but if he was looking the other way cuz he thought it would do no good or he was scared, that is wrong in my opinion. Arrest and get them in the system....that chit is the devil...horrible, horrible drug. Good luck down there I hope they find away to deal...it is everywhere...

Mike P
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I'd say that cop was not doing his job....

It's quite possible that he was directed by his chief to leave drug arrests to the Cape Joint Drug Task Force.

We had a chief that for many years denied that there was a heroin problem here. Although none of the cops will come right out and say it, the word is that he actively discouraged them from making drugs arrests, so the scope of the problem here would be minimized. "Stay out of it, that's what the Task Force is for". To hear him talk, all of the junkies were from Wareham, and they stopped and turned around at the Cohassett Narrows Bridge.

Of course, it so happened that his side business was dependent on tourism.

saltfly
12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Mike P, do you mean Cunninghams bridge on Jeruselem rd.? Seen some biggns come from that area many moons ago.

saltfly
12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Patty Page must be rolling in her grave.Personnally this place is to small to not know who the "big fish"are at this end of the sandbar.

Backbeach Jake
12-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I've been around. I've never seen a user that had any hopes or dreams left. No I'm gonna, no I will, no one of these days. It's already over. Sad to see this on the Cape.

JohnR
12-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Saltfly - wrong Cohasset ;)

This is a big problem. It would be so much nicer if it was "only" coccaine.

I know a few people that have beat this thing, there are a few more I pray everyday can...

justplugit
12-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Heroin users are the most self-centered people on the face of the planet. They do not care about anything but themselves

For sure Swimmer. :(

Friend of mine's son is an H addict. Lives under a Bruckner Expressway bridge by lowering a rope and using it to get up and down to his hut where he lives.

Greatest parents in the world that have tried everything humanly possible to get him off the stuff.

His Dad still goes to see him when he can be found, and his mother crys everytime there is snow and cold so worried about him.

He could care less what he has done to his parents.

leo33
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM
it is pure evil.i've seen the evil it can due for way to long living near New Bedford.when i was younger it was the fishing industry that was caught up in the H.now it is the younger generation once they can no longer afford the prescription pills they turn to the H.
i counted the number of people i knew that the H has buried and i am up to 6.i'm only 36 way to young to know 6 people who have OD'd.the first was an older brother of a friend who was a fisherman when i was 12 and the last was my best friends younger brother 4 yrs ago.as some have said it has no boundaries.he came from a great family who tried everything to save him but the H was stronger than him.i can still hear his laugh today.

slatfly the big guys come from New Bedford no doubt about it.

Mike P
12-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Mike P, do you mean Cunninghams bridge on Jeruselem rd.? Seen some biggns come from that area many moons ago.

Cohasset Narrows is the narrow neck when Buttermilk Bay joins Buzzards Bay--right by Maco's bait shp and the East Wind lobster house on Rtes 6 and 28. Bourne/Wareham town line runs down the middle of it.

saltfly
12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Cohasset Narrows is the narrow neck when Buttermilk Bay joins Buzzards Bay--right by Maco's bait shp and the East Wind lobster house on Rtes 6 and 28. Bourne/Wareham town line runs down the middle of it.Thank you for the enlightnment.Big difference between places.

Tagger
12-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Great place ,, no parking ,, aggressive law inforcement.. Oxi is the root of most heroin addiction .. Start with a little pill and when you can't afford the pill, its needle to the vain with cheap heroin ..

ProfessorM
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM
evil stuff. I'm glad I ain't young now. In our school our motto was try some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0t0EW6z8a0

Raven
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
the OXI "is" the starter drug...
and the parents are typically the ones who leave it unattended... then it's sold for 20 bucks a pill@ school

they have special cigarette butt receptacles but
won't have a trash can for other hazardous waste :huh:

some parents spend 20 minutes a day if that with their own children... then claim ....i didn't know !

well ...... it's no wonder .:rolleyes:

Striperknight
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
K,

A kids father in my kids cub scout den is the Cheif of police in my town. He tells me the same crap is happening here and other towns in N.J.
Stuff is cheap and easy to obtain.

Mike P
12-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Great place ,, no parking ,, aggressive law inforcement.. Oxi is the root of most heroin addiction .. Start with a little pill and when you can't afford the pill, its needle to the vain with cheap heroin ..

Heroin is cheaper than Oxy, by far. The real evil of it is that HS kids can just pop one, no need to even ask Teach for permission to go to the john. They can beam up right at their desks while Teach is writing on the board .

When my wife was teaching at Bourne HS, they were averaging two police/EMS OD responses a week. :(

Tagger
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I hope some Pol addresses this problem .. talk about teenage waste land . Why is there so much around ,, so cheap ,, so potent .. USA is being underminded with this stuff ,, Wall Street ,, Main Street ,, and Crack ALLEY ..

saltfly
12-12-2008, 06:45 PM
afganistan,pakistan,iran,turkey,JIHAD without a gun

Hooper
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Karl,

Thanks for sharing that with us. I am very disappointed to hear about the poor response you received from that officer. I for one would like to get someone like you coming up to me on a daily basis, arrests generate intel for us, leading to bigger fish, at least, that's the idea. Maybe the TF was working an invest, maybe. I have to take exception that Cape officers are in uncharted waters with regard to the drug problem, this is hardly new to us. Heroine has had a hold on the Cape and Island for a long long time. Most of us who still do work on the road are familiar with the users in town, who deals on the side to make some cash and who is strictly in it for the money.

Its funny, we are down 6 officers in a department of sixty officers, 10%. And the town seem to have no problem with that, while at the same time the admin expects us answer the calls and to hammer the bad guys. Calls come first, and come they do even in the dead of winter, and the hammering comes only if there is time. It ain't sleepy Cape Cod any longer guys, and it hasn't been for a long long time. I would love to see more patrol officer focus put on the drug scene, but our budget barely allows for my department to do the bare minimum in responding to calls, never mind initiate meaningful drug invests.

Tagger
12-12-2008, 09:08 PM
afganistan,pakistan,iran,turkey,JIHAD without a gun

BINGO ..

Tagger
12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Paul .. awesome Neil Young tube ,,,