View Full Version : Err - sorry about that...

JohnR
12-11-2002, 04:48 PM
I turned the board off for a quick adjustment but forgot to turn it back on.... :doh:

capesams
12-11-2002, 05:05 PM
u having a week of mondays?:D

JohnR
12-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Actually - last night we had a decade of Mondays. My son spiked a fever and then had a siezure. He's OK, we had him at the hospital til late last night and back to the doctor's today. We just need to watch him...

Second scariest thing I've seen...

STEVE IN MASS
12-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Bummer John....hope he is getting better.....and you and your wife are as well......that IS scary.......:eek:

Best wishes for all of you!

MountainBreeze
12-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Long week today John? ;)

Seriously... I hope your son is doing better!

Regards,
Rob

BTW:
Dare I ask what the first was???

capesams
12-11-2002, 06:14 PM
sorry boss ....hope he;'s doin better......an u too.

JohnR
12-11-2002, 06:27 PM
He's doing a lot better - thanks. It was just EXTREMELY scary seeing him have that siezure. I won't go into any details but it was simply extremely scary.

The literature the docs gave us says that it happens to 1 in 25 kids. Out of the few that have it, a third can can have additional seizures so we really need to keep an eye on him.

Have any of you experienced this with your kids?

Got Stripers
12-11-2002, 08:26 PM
Hope things improve John, not fun running to the hospital with kids, been in my share of ER's over the years.

Saltheart
12-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Hope he gets better quickly John. Probably scarier to watch it happen to him than if it happened to yourself!

Fishpart
12-11-2002, 09:03 PM
John, have niece with epilepsy and she takes medication and seems to be growing out of it.

Have a friend with a son who has severe epilepsy.

Hope Liam had it as a result of the fever.

Slipknot
12-11-2002, 09:18 PM
:eek: That IS scary John.Ya seem so helpless seeing your child go thru something like that. My kids have had High enough fevers in the past where we had to get them in a room temperature bath to cool them down. never a siezure though thank God. Keep a good eye on him, I'm sure he'll be ok.

Fishpart
12-12-2002, 07:05 AM
John, it could be related to the fever. I know of at least two kids who had a seizure as a result of a high fever and haven't had one in years.

fishsmith
12-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Glad all is ok John. With kids there's never a dull moment eh.

The Iceman 6
12-12-2002, 10:11 AM
John, all the best to you and your family. Hopefully Liam will be just fine! Thoughts are with you, I cannot even imagine what you went through?

Ice

Canalratt1
12-12-2002, 11:49 AM
My Nephew just went through the same thing recently seizures from fevers usally are not a type of Epilepsy but need to be watched. My daughter developed Epilepsy very young she had about four seizures did all the tests and was on meds for about 5 years. After further testing she was weaned off the meds and has had no problems as her brain developed and grew, the Epilepsy went away and has been sezure free for close to ten years. The Doctor said that kids can grow out of this and seems to be the case. Yes John kids do scare the hell out of you, hope everything is fine with Liam.

JohnR
12-12-2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone :btu: - it was scary and he is doing a lot better... The docs said that it was most likely fever related and not an indicator of something else...

Personally, I think I could much better handle him breaking a leg than what I saw that night.