View Full Version : Blast from the past maybe? A little Deja-Vu???

JohnR
11-02-2000, 06:10 PM
You're thinking that this looks familiar as if your were suddenly transported back about 60 hours, right? Well, thats because the darn server/message board did a high-speed, gear-up landing! In other words the system seriously crashed. The problem indicated that the board went down but was in fact an issue with the server corrupting everything... After I realized that, the server had to be rebuilt.

I am very sorry for the down-time. The last couple days as well as last month. I know that #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& has been jonesing, unable to get his fix :P but we're back now (and desperately needing sleep ??? )... So again, I sincerly appologize for the downtime!!!!

Thanks,

John

Patrick
11-02-2000, 11:28 PM
John,

Have you ever thought of using UBB format? TimS uses it, Bob used to, a bunch of non-fishing sites use it... Maybe it would be better for you.

Patrick

JohnR
11-03-2000, 08:47 AM
Patrick, I've thought about UBB and have chosen this one for current and future features. UBB is certainly the biggest one out there but I know some who are disenchanted with it as well. I broke one of my old never-to-be-broken rules of using software in a rev.0 as opposed to something that has been out and inentionally broken a few times... This time was actually not the fault of the board, it first apprared that way but was actually the server...