View Full Version : Back From Sea

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
So, this past semester, I went abroad for the fall portion of my senior year. I did a program out of Woods Hole, MA called Sea Education Association (SEA) and this particular cruise track sailed from Woods Hole to Bermuda to Dominica to St. John, Thomas and Croix. It was an amazing trip being out at sea for 6 weeks and experiencing some of the best times of my life.... I sure did miss the striper fishing though :bl:

Anyways, these are just some of the pics that I took while I was out on the Corwith Cramer (our 134 ft tall-ship) as well as in some of the ports we stopped at due to "thirst" :wid: Enjoy.

-GP

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Here are some more....

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
And lastly.... celebrating at the bar too...

JohnR
12-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Sweet trip!

Worked your tail off too, didncha?

fishbones
12-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Welcome back! Looks like you got to mix some fun in with the work!

SweetD
12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
That last picture looks an awful lot to me like The Swizzle Inn...did you stagger out? Dark and Stormy's...mmmm...nice.

Odizza
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
THANKS FOR SHARING....NICE PICS MY FRIEND... MY BUDDY DID THAT AND HAD A BLAST... BET YOU LEARNED MORE ON THAT TRIP THAN A WHOLE YEAR OF SCHOOL

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
That last picture looks an awful lot to me like The Swizzle Inn...did you stagger out? Dark and Stormy's...mmmm...nice.

Yes, that is the Swizzle Inn... and yes there was some swaggering out :tooth:

THANKS FOR SHARING....NICE PICS MY FRIEND... MY BUDDY DID THAT AND HAD A BLAST... BET YOU LEARNED MORE ON THAT TRIP THAN A WHOLE YEAR OF SCHOOL

Absolutely... it was about time I learned some more practical information :humpty:

nightprowler
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
I did an almost identical trip in 2001, Woods Hole, to Bermuda and back aboard the Cramer. Was a great time and learned a ton. helped me get my current job as well.

Raven
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
welcome back GP

Crafty Angler
12-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Nice pix - I used to live in St. Croix, up on the North Shore.

Did you pull into Fredericksted? There used to be a place there that served a concoction called a Fantail - it wasn't completely legal for good reason :spin:

All in all a beautiful corner of the world - although it could get a little squirrely at times...:eek5:

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
welcome back GP

thanks raven... how is everything? hows ure dog doing?

Nice pix - I used to live in St. Croix, up on the North Shore.

Did you pull into Fredericksted? There used to be a place there that served a concoction called a Fantail - it wasn't completely legal for good reason :spin:

All in all a beautiful corner of the world - although it could get a little squirrely at times...:eek5:

we pulled into christiansted... i never made it around to a drink called the fantail... the rum and cokes and gin and juices were enough :btu:

numbskull
12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
LOL. Your dorm next to Ransom Road you was about 4 long casts from one of the best striped bass fisherman you'd ever likely meet.

Raven
12-11-2008, 07:13 PM
thanks raven... how is everything? hows ure dog doing?
:btu:

Star is doin awesome ....:wave: happy and healthy thanks to all my good friends at S-B
she's full of PEP !

Everything else? We are in survival mode.... dude.

Gunpowder
12-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Star is doin awesome ....:wave: happy and healthy thanks to all my good friends at S-B ....
she's full of PEP !

Everything else? We are in survival mode.... dude.

ya man... tell me about it... but thats great that Star is doing well... she is one tuff dog!