View Full Version : Rhode Island

Notaro
12-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Hey guys, can you refer me to any good shore fishing on Rhode Island and tell me what's biting there now?

Thanks.

PS: Here is the news flash for y'all! I just discovered that many anglers have been gunning for cods at Duxbury Beach. for more details, just go to www.onthewater.com, and click on the "fishing report" and look for the "south shore, north shore, and boston" section. Then read it until you find it.

12-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Notaro,
Your about 4-weeks late. Most of the fish in our area have already moved south. Good spots would be Newport, Narragansett, Charlestown, and Watch Hill...

There still may be some small schoolies around but you will have to work hard for them

JohnR
12-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Notaro - some Tog fishing along some rocky shorelines but that's only good for little more than a week before regs close it down. More info on togs can be found by doing a search on these boards for Tautog.

The striped bass action will be real hit or miss and you need to do some serious hunting to find them. Cod is pretty much offshore in Rhody. Not too much else really around to consider as just about all of the main fish have migrated south or otherwise out of our waters ( Stripers, Blues, Weaks, Albies, Bones, Tuna, Shad )...

But you do have an excellent opportunity to ramp up for next year

Notaro
12-12-2002, 05:14 PM
:eek: :mad: :crying: :doh: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Damn, I missed the actions. But I can ssave it for dprign and summer time, right? Hey guys, I never meet a new angler and fish with him or her from online. D you want to make a trip for it?

DaveS
12-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Wait till May or June, and you'll see fish. JohnR, I remember you telling me sumthin about sand eels @ Naps in June?

bloocrab
12-14-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DaveS
...JohnR...Naps in June?...

:laughs: :happy:

Dave, . . . . John Naps whenever the opportunity arises...:happy:

GOT KITCHEN FLOOR?? :bl:

hi JR...:hihi:

DaveS
12-15-2002, 01:09 AM
John may nap, but I snore in my truck, right Jenn? LMAOOOO.

striperjerk1
12-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Went for a sunday drive yesterday down south county and checked out the breachways and finaly found watch hill and naps.all i can say is SWEET.:D