View Full Version : shaws market

slow eddie
12-13-2008, 02:43 PM
i went into shaws market thurs. to buy some soup. i nice little old lady told me there was going to be a buy one, get one free starting fri. price per can thursday was 2.21. went into today, price was 2.50 a can. they wouldn't rip us off, would they???
na. wheres my christmas spirit.
this was the store in so.co.

BigFish
12-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Wife brought home a new jar of Skippy......I go in the cabinet to get it and its behind the old jar that I was just about to finish, so I take them both out and notice the brand new one is filled about an inch less than the old one was???:huh: So I look at how much is in each container according to the label??? Same exact container for both......old one was 40 oz. and the new one is 36.4 0z.???? Same price I think....not sure on that??? Then I look at the front of the label on the new jar and the label states...."BONUS! 30% More! Than 28 oz. Jar"......:smash: Well...of friggin course it has 30% more than the 28 oz. jar......its friggin bigger!!!!!!:fury: Nice friggin scam!!!! No they are not trying to rip us off!!!

Raider Ronnie
12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I like how Lowe's advertises on the radio "fell delivery and reloval" on new appliances.
About 5 weeks ago, my wife informed me our 20 year old washing machine chit the bed.
20 years old so I figured we got plenty of life out of it so off the Lowe's for a new one. (got an awesome new front load Whirlpool)
I see a sign just like the radio add "free delivery and removal)
Then you find out the fine print.
You pay for delivery up front and mail in for a rebate to be sent to you.
WHY NOT MENTION THE MAIL IN REBATE ON THE RADIO ???
Everything in this country is a friggin scam !!!

Raider Ronnie
12-13-2008, 07:29 PM
better hurry and redeem that rebate...there's been loads of news lately about these rebate companies going out of business Ronnie.

No need !
I picked it up with my truck, managed to get it down in my basement.
Hooked it up a day later, within 1 minute running it water rushed out of it making a small flood in my basement. Shut it down, removed the top dover found a fitting broken.
Got on the phone with Lowe's they offered another new one delivered and knocked 20% off the price for my trouble (flooded basement)
New one was delivered next morning (on a sunday) 1st thing
2 guys carried new one down to basement and set it up and ran a test run.
Removed the damaged one and took away my old one for free.
I ever threw the guys a few bucks and they carried an ice machine from my garage down to my basement.
I guess not every company sucks !!!

Raven
12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
most of those soups have around 900 milligrams of sodium....

so it's worthless at any price