View Full Version : Visitor this Morning

nightfighter
12-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Noticed feathers falling from the trees as I was having first cup of coffee. Redtail hawk was almost directly overhead as I walked out on the deck to explore. He was having bluebird for breakfast. He hung out for about four hours before leaving.

Uncle Matt
12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Good God look at the talons. Keep the kids and the cats inside! Ah frig it, keep the kids inside. Cool pictures by the way.

ProfessorM
12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Very nice. Luv birds of prey. Daughter and I always have a contest to see who can see the most along 495. We usually see at least 3 or 4 every time. I was once sitting on my front porch one summer morning and a hawk came down and just missed a rabbit eating clover I was watching. I also have a video of one sitting as close as you have tearing apart a mouse and then eating it as I watched. Very nice pictures. Lucky you had the camera handy. I think I saw a Bald Eagle the other day down by the Lake Assawompsett. So high up I couldn't tell without Binocs. Sometimes in winter and the lake is frozen they drag a deer carcass out there and you can watch them feed. Thanks for the pictures Ross

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhayesboh/TRIPS/EAGLES/feeding_facts.htm

Striperknight
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
very cool pics:btu:

Mike P
12-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Very nice. Luv birds of prey. Daughter and I always have a contest to see who can see the most along 495. We usually see at least 3 or 4 every time. I was once sitting on my front porch one summer morning and a hawk came down and just missed a rabbit eating clover I was watching. I also have a video of one sitting as close as you have tearing apart a mouse and then eating it as I watched. Very nice pictures. Lucky you had the camera handy. I think I saw a Bald Eagle the other day down by the Lake Assawompsett. So high up I couldn't tell without Binocs. Sometimes in winter and the lake is frozen they drag a deer carcass out there and you can watch them feed. Thanks for the pictures Ross

http://webhost.bridgew.edu/jhayesboh/TRIPS/EAGLES/feeding_facts.htm

There's a bald eagle that often soars over the river behind Mike's shop, too.