View Full Version : BTW

ThomCat
12-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Not 4 nuttin' but I don't think the "hapless Bruins" tag on the Sports Talk Banner applies anymore and suggest that it respectfully be removed.:rumble::btu::cheers2:

The Dad Fisherman
12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
When they bring the Cup home it can be changed....until then :huh:

Bigcat
12-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Things really turned around once they put Harry out to pasture.

stcroixman
12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
When they bring the Cup home it can be changed....until then :huh:

I won't start watching them again until late season to see if they keep it up, then lose to Habs in round 1 again. I gave up 10years ago. They are the KC Royals of the NHL. It's too bad, hockey was huge around here even into the mid 1990's then people stopped giving their $$ to Jeremy Jacobs.

The Dad Fisherman
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
My Dad stopped watching the Bruins when Orr left......Hasn't watched a game since

FishermanTim
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Just like when the fans gave up on the Celts after the Bird/Parish/Mchale era, the fans have given up on the Bruins after the Orr / Neely era(s).
I was one of those that lost interest in both teams over the years, mainly because they weren't "electrifying".
Of course, that was then and this is now!
I watched practically EVERY Celts game last season, and try not to miss a game this year because they have "brought it back" to Boston. (Not the trophy, but the intensity.)
This year's Bruins have found their own level of intensity, and they are fun to watch again. They have 2 good goalies, 3 strong lines that play very well together, and they score and score often.
I won't make any predictions as to their playoff potential, mainly because it's WAY TOO EARLY to even consider, but because although that is the goal, it's the journey that makes it worth while!

I say "Give them another look" and you may like what you see.