View Full Version : What a disaster!

macojoe
12-17-2008, 07:57 PM
My daughter comes up from the basement and says something died down there??

I go down there and someone knocked the plug to the freezer out, and about 50 pounds of Fluke, 25 Pounds of Tuna steaks, and a 20 pound Turkey all melted in this blood bath at the bottom of the freezer!!!

We got everything all cleaned up, but now there is no fish for the winter!!! It could have been worse as in a year when I fish the whole season I would have triple that much fish saved!!

Wow going to be a long winter with no fish to eat :cens:

niko
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
i lost a freezer of macs a few years ago and didn't find it for a few days. what a stink

likwid
12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
RIP tuna steaks.

The Dad Fisherman
12-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Ouch....That sucks,

ProfessorM
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
sorry Joe. Need to tape that plug to the wall socket

missing link
12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Geeeezzz, I usually smell the Garlic from CC Crutons wafing through the air , but the other day all I smelt was fish now I know where it came from well I actually liked it .
Have a great Chritmas Joe
the Links

Raven
12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
lost all my frozen fish this year myself...
friggan refrigerator was On and running
but the freezer part failed...and by the time i realized it... too late !!!!! what a mess ...

i took everything outside and burried it under the cherry tree

free fertilizer :walk:

macojoe
12-18-2008, 07:53 PM
If I had a way to get it out of the basement it might have all gone fridge and all!!
A year ago I would have yanked it out of tere myself, but now with my back I just cleaned up.
Maybe I can save the fridge?? I thought the smell was gone last night, but after going outside for a few hours today I could still smell it some. I will give it a few weeks and plug it in and see what happens, its a nice fridge!

fishpoopoo
12-19-2008, 08:18 AM
I had a contractor come over and work on an area next to my chest freezer.

He unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in.

A FEW WEEKS LATER, on my way to a winter fishing show, I discovered the decomposing mess that was 100 lbs. of cod and other meat that I worked so hard to catch and prepare.

I almost bust a vein in my head when I found out.

I called up contractor and dropped so many angry f-bombs he hung up on me.

macojoe
12-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I remember when that happened, you threw the who freezer away if i remember right.

ProfessorM
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
insurance cover your loss? They don't have to know you unplugged it.