View Full Version : Bulk Hooks

Circlehook
12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Anyone know where I can buy box's of 25, 50 or 100 Gamakatsu Live Bait HD hooks? Looking for 5/0 up to 7/0.

Maybe they don't even make bulk boxes, only seen in 5 packs.

:raiders: This thing has been just crying to get used, especially after last week. 4-12 where the good ol' days.

big jay
12-17-2008, 11:20 PM
tightlines tackle in maine has them in bulk in their catalog. But I bet if you called one of the site sponsors like SWE or M&D's they could order them for you.

jkswimmer
12-18-2008, 01:27 AM
I have seen them at EMS.

HESH2
12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
try surfcaster in ct,if he does'nt have them can get them for you.

redlite
12-18-2008, 11:17 AM
M&D's has them in boxes of 25 for $12. best deal around.
Shouldn't you be lookin for Circlehooks though?????

Circlehook
12-18-2008, 11:52 AM
M&D's has them in boxes of 25 for $12. best deal around.
Shouldn't you be lookin for Circlehooks though?????

Haha, yeah, I hate circlehooks for eels. I wish I could change my screename now, I abandoned circle's when I abandoned chunking last year. I was a complete newbie (not that I am Johnny Highhook now)

emgred
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Anyone know where I can buy box's of 25, 50 or 100 Gamakatsu Live Bait HD hooks? Looking for 5/0 up to 7/0.

Maybe they don't even make bulk boxes, only seen in 5 packs.

:raiders: This thing has been just crying to get used, especially after last week. 4-12 where the good ol' days.

Try this

http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/index.cfm?page=detail&hookid=680&sizeid=13

Back Beach
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Jon,

Just an FYI, but the real fishermen from Franklin use octopus hooks......:fishin: :laugha:

You can still change your screen name too. I'm actually thinking of changing mine to "rockhead" as I've been away from the sand for all too long now...Johnny Highhook has a nice ring to it...I'd go with that if I were you...:angel:

numbskull
12-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Jon,

Just an FYI, but the real fishermen from Franklin use octopus hooks......:fishin: :laugha:

You can still change your screen name too. I'm actually thinking of changing mine to "rockhead" as I've been away from the sand for all too long now...

Nah....don't do that. Better to combine something that reflects the true loves in your life.......like baseball and eels. Have you considered "Slimeball" for instance?

RIROCKHOUND
12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Buy a box of 6/0 mustad short shanks. 11cents each.
You can hone them all up in a night watching TV

Back Beach
12-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Nah....don't do that. Better to combine something that reflects the true loves in your life.......like baseball and eels. Have you considered "Slimeball" for instance?

Very funny, novacaine brain.:rude:

Circlehook
12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Jon,

You can still change your screen name too. I'm actually thinking of changing mine to "rockhead" as I've been away from the sand for all too long now...Johnny Highhook has a nice ring to it...I'd go with that if I were you...:angel:

These ones are like a semi-octopus style, not a straight J-style. They are the best I've used so far. The circlehooks pretty much guarantee me a eelball, especially with smaller eels.

Back Beach
12-19-2008, 08:58 AM
You can get the gami octopus in boxes of 100 for about $35. Thats pretty much all I've ever used for eels and chunks. I like to snell all of my hooks, so the turned back eye on the octopus hooks helps facilitate the snell knot and the ability to snug it down. With the snell knot you get a good direct pull on the hook shank.
As for breakage, I've gone through thousands of these hooks and I believe I've had exactly one break in 15 or so years using them.

fishaholic18
12-19-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cct01&Product_Code=GAMOCT-0241-100&Category_Code=05_06_GAMAKATSU+HOOKS