on sunday
fire up that snow blower
your gonna need it

striperman36
12-18-2008, 11:53 AM
More potentially on Wednesday.

FishermanTim
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?
Remember that you were stuck in traffic along with the plows that were supposed to have plowed the road you were both stuck on?

Do you think tomorrow will be a 1-year re-enactment of that same ordeal?

Finlander
12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
I have a hours drive to work Douglas MA to Windsor Lock Ct just knowing what the afternoon ride home is going to be like I'm using a vacation day, would prefer to use it fishing but what are you doing to do.

likwid
12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
What the hell? Did you people forget where you live?

6-12" isn't "big".

Raven
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Not the sheaves

"Bringing in the wood"
"BRINGing IN THE WOOD"

"i am so rejoicing .......
bringing in the wood...."

got a cord that needs ah- movin :btu:
Kiln dried too - saweet !

striperman36
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their "hardworking" employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?
Remember that you were stuck in traffic along with the plows that were supposed to have plowed the road you were both stuck on?

Do you think tomorrow will be a 1-year re-enactment of that same ordeal?

I am not going in. if I do, I am either leaving before noon or staying all night.

JohnR
12-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

:walk::walk:

Raven
12-18-2008, 01:00 PM
i'm the Chauffeur and going loaded for bear on friday.

MakoMike
12-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Heading for RI as soon as I get out today.

RIROCKHOUND
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
What the hell? Did you people forget where you live?

6-12" isn't "big".

It is in a state that can't handle it :smash:
I'm come in and leave when it starts to actually snow.

I don't worry about 'me (w/ a 4x4 Tacoma with new tires)' on the road. I worry about 'you' (the yous who drive a Honda accord way over the speed-limit on bald tires)

likwid
12-18-2008, 01:25 PM
It is in a state that can't handle it :smash:
I'm come in and leave when it starts to actually snow.

I don't worry about 'me (w/ a 4x4 Tacoma with new tires)' on the road. I worry about 'you' (the yous who drive a Honda accord way over the speed-limit on bald tires)

I'm more worried about the idiots with 4wd that think they can keep going fast than the people in the honda accords with crappy tires.

(for reference: audi a4 with nokian hakks. suck it.)

but both days are my days off so im going skiing. :hihi:

Katie
12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Makes me glad the semester is over, no more 40 minute drives early in the morning! :D

RIROCKHOUND
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm more worried about the idiots with 4wd that think they can keep going fast than the people in the honda accords with crappy tires.

(for reference: audi a4 with nokian hakks. suck it.)

but both days are my days off so im going skiing. :hihi:

I wasn't putting 'you' in with those 'yous'

fishaholic18
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

Yup...Me and my son are flying to the Sunshine State for Xmas....F^%$#@ the snow...:wavey:

likwid
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I wasn't putting 'you' in with those 'yous'

My bad.

ps: slow the eff down.

Every single overturned SUV up in Maine at the ski resort I worked at was an out of state plate of some douche thinking 4wd is the magic "drive through anything" tool.

Best one was an Excursion with the rear axle RIPPED OFF that rolled 4 times.

Raven
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
i did everything right... For once :wave:

drained out all the gas and then ran it dry

just added some gas and
the trusty ole snow blower
is ready to rock and roll....
started first pull...

yeah baby :happy:

JohnR
12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Already having some school districts (like my son's) announcing tomorrow is no school...

Just can't repeat last December's storm until we get a few storms that never were, and the constant see-saw battle between superintendents and weathermen will continue...

Raven
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Karl http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign.jpg

two bottle storm... :claps:

i'm gonna announce that at the Yankee Spirits liquor store
-> when i go for some Holiday cheer...

:btu:

The Dad Fisherman
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
OH MY GOD....Big Storm....I must run out and get Bottled Water....Gallons and Gallons of bottled water.....and Bread lots of bread.......and Batteries MUST GET BATTERIES......God Know the ones I stocked up on during the last 10 storms might not work............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Bronko
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM
OH MY GOD....Big Storm....I must run out and get Bottled Water....Gallons and Gallons of bottled water.....and Bread lots of bread.......and Batteries MUST GET BATTERIES......God Know the ones I stocked up on during the last 10 storms might not work............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the truth TDF. I was in Roche Bros. last night and it was basically dead at 8pm. Tonite you would think they were giving the food away. There will be lines to get in the lot.:fishslap:

Raven
12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
you forgot the milk...
now get back to Cumby's and get some...

oh Sorry.they're sold out too.. :jester:

Mike P
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their "hardworking" employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?

You know, comments like this really frost my ass. I work for the state, and earn every dime I'm paid. Not all of us are politcal hacks cruising along to retirement.

Shove your "hardworking"remarks. Eff you and the horse you rode in on.:af:

nightfighter
12-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Just had a morning delivery of a special order size white storm door, and after waiting four weeks, fourteen fg/wood replacement windows. Was going to get a nice project done before Christmas, and storm door in before the storm.... Wrong.
Storm door was cranberry, and the windows were cream instead of white! WTF.... two different wholesalers delivering to the same project on the same day. And they both eff up. But I am the one who looks like the A hole to the client. (Not to mention not getting paid on the job before yearend.....) So much for the inside work, ie. replacing windows during the storm..... I am pissed.

Sorry for the rant. Enjoy the storm. It's New England.

Rockport24
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I have a long commute into the city, so I'm "working from home" which means I'll be checking email sporadically :rotflmao:
oh P.S. wind is coming right out of the northeast, so I'll also prowl checking out the waves, maybe wet a line.... :hihi:

nightfighter
12-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Mike and I are on the same wavelength today!

Anyone else wanna eff with us today?:nailem:

Rockport24
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
no! :err:

fishaholic18
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
You know, comments like this really frost my ass. I work for the state, and earn every dime I'm paid. Not all of us are politcal hacks cruising along to retirement.

Go get 'em Mike.....:cheers:

spence
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM

Uh oh, someone's going to get a lump of coal in their stocking :rtfm:

-spence

nightfighter
12-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Uh oh, someone's going to get a lump of coal in their stocking :rtfm:

-spence

Or lose their access to the arcade:D

Raven
12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Enjoy the storm. It's New England.

i plan on Enjoying these Storms... immensely

i decided not to have to go outside during the sloppy
weather so today...ALL day, well from 11-6

i moved a nice dry Cord of wood inside the house
since it's all demo'd anyway...

i set up the ramps and kicked the pile in the garage's BUTT
and pulled my vehicle in there.

It should be fun when the wife pulls in to see if she puts it together
that the Vans in the Garage and the pile
is no longer there...ahh ha ha ha... :jester:

i'm sure i'll be quite sore tomorrow though -oh well
frig it...no more wet wood...wet wood is worthless

STORM? :rollem: B-R-I-N-G...... I-T ...... O-N !!!!!:cheers:

BigFish
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
My 6 minute commute is gonna suck tomorrow night!!! Might take me 20 minutes to get home!!! I hate that!!:lama:

tattoobob
12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I am going to buy a snowblower tonight, I also have the company Christmas party tomorrow at noon, not sure how long I will stay.
open bar and I don't drink

Last years storm was bad I left at 2 pm and got to my driveway at 8:30 pm, usually a 1/2 hour drive.

Raven
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
you should be a designated driver

striperman36
12-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Look now, WHY ARE THERE ONLY WHITE EGGS LEFT IN THE MARKET!!!
Youse guys got somethin aganist WHITE EGGS!!!

tattoobob
12-18-2008, 08:16 PM
you should be a designated driver

Raven I am the designated driver most of the time

The Dad Fisherman
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
WTF do you do with 39 gallons of milk now :hee:

Make a chitload of White Russians....

I also have the company Christmas party tomorrow at noon, not sure how long I will stay.

On second Thought I'm gonna shave my head and have my Nephews draw all over me w/ marker and go the party....never met an Open Bar I didn't like :hee:

striperman36
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I got 6 doz white eggs, 5 gal of milk, 6 loaves of Canadian white bread and 2 gal of Eclipse Coffee Syrup
Gonna make me some French toast and Coffee Milk for the next month!!

Raven
12-19-2008, 07:37 AM
because brown eggs are more natural and better for ya

spence
12-19-2008, 07:43 AM
because brown eggs are more natural and better for ya
The color of the egg has more to do with the breed of hen than anything else. How healthy the eggs are is more a function of how the chickens are raised and cared for.

The best eggs are usually blue, cause they come from the neighbor down the street :lama:

-spence

Raven
12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
best eggs are from free range chickens that eat bugs and earthworms...both of which are 19% protien...

but the public perception is typically that brown are more Natural than white...

i had these large Mallard eggs once, and the yolks were so orange and full of iron or what ever... and they knocked me out worse than a tryptophan coma after thanksgiving .........they were so rich !

Raven
12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Make a chitload of White Russians....

On second Thought I'm gonna shave my head and have my Nephews draw all over me w/ marker and go the party....never met an Open Bar I didn't like :hee:

OMG :banano:

spence
12-19-2008, 08:02 AM
i had these large Mallard eggs once, and the yolks were so orange and full of iron or what ever... and they knocked me out worse than a tryptophan coma after thanksgiving .........they were so rich !

I always use better eggs when making fresh pasta. It adds a richness that's really noticeable and they are much more viscous.

Whole Foods has a free range egg that's pretty close to the real deal, but even the best eggs at the local joints, while good aren't the real thing.

Mario Batali supposedly has cayenne pepper added to the feed of the hens that produce eggs for his restaurants in NYC as it makes the yolks more orange :hee:

-spence

Crafty Angler
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Brown eggs come from Rhode Island Reds, so I was led to understand - a damned fine bird if ya ask me...

I dunno know if anyone was asking me or not, just thought I'd throw in my .02...:p:

:hihi:

striperman36
12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
I guess I'll just have all the white extra larges to myself

The Iceman 6
12-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Can't wait for the storm to hit. Love the snow. Will go sledding with the kids (maybe a flask for me).

The Dad Fisherman
12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Here it comes......

striperman36
12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
THe roads and work are pretty vacant.
All non-essential personnel have stayed home. I have done more work in the last 2 hours than all day yesterday

The Dad Fisherman
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm waiting to hear from our furnace guy.......Crapped out last night, no heat, Hope he calls :shocked: or it could be a long weekend.

Cranked up the pellet stove last night though and kept the house toasty....but I'm not a fan of cold showers (keep the comments to a minimum)

spence
12-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I guess I'll just have all the white extra larges to myself

Sukkah!

-spence

likwid
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
New NWS report out.

8-14 in southern mass.
starts at 3 EST.

:lurk:

striperman36
12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Sukkah!

-spence
They make great Coffee Frappes for your Grinder.

cheferson
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
:cheers2::cheers2:Just got the call , no work tonight !!! :hf1::happy:

The Iceman 6
12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Coming down pretty good in NYC right now.

FishermanTim
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
...Cranked up the pellet stove last night though and kept the house toasty....but I'm not a fan of cold showers (keep the comments to a minimum)

You could always take a snow bath:err:

Or if worse comes to worst, heat up water, put it 2 or 3 liter soda bottles and "shower" with those. (I did that many years ago when I lost heat in an old apartment. Fortunately I had a heated waterbed at the time.)

Good luck!

Swimmer
12-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Much ado about not very much. Its only snow. The biggest deal is some school districts, like East Brdigewater, were given the whole day off. Now parents have to make alternative sitting plans for the young ones. The rest of the schools have half-a-day. Geez, when they get out at 2 p.m. they might have two inches of snow on the ground, maybe none. Everybody stay safe later.

Swimmer
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I am going to buy a snowblower tonight, I also have the company Christmas party tomorrow at noon, not sure how long I will stay.

Last years storm was bad I left at 2 pm and got to my driveway at 8:30 pm, usually a 1/2 hour drive.

We have an open bar at the station house, but we are all designated drivers, go figure.:rotflmao:

Squid kids Dad
12-19-2008, 01:16 PM
We have an open bar at the station house, but we are all designated drivers, go figure.:rotflmao:

I'll be down later...:gu:

cheferson
12-19-2008, 07:28 PM
already mixing with freezing rain in gansett