View Full Version : Wonderbread paint finish?

gregorjim
12-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Anyone have a picture of this color on a plug, or know where I can view one? thanks, Jim

Raven
12-15-2008, 06:01 AM
do a search on the site.......

BigFish
12-15-2008, 06:22 PM
"Clown" Wonderbread and what is known as "Cotton Candy" wonderbread.

saltydog
12-15-2008, 08:01 PM
LARRY, you have to STOP posting pic's of PLUGS :whackin: NOW I WANT ONE do you have a wounderbred JOINTED laying around if so PM me PLEASE:chatter

gregorjim, look under re-paint I got one there:smash:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

gregorjim
12-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Thanks to all the replys..I'm ordering pearl paint now..Jim

adson
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
for wonderbread plugs I like the Krylon
"make it pearl" spray. I think it has a deeper
look to it than pearl paints.

smitty919
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/smitty919/2279681606.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/smitty919/2279681601.jpg

UserRemoved1
12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
SMITTY HOW MUCH?

smitty919
12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
why is it that you are always trying to start stuff.......:claps:

you know what sooner or later every one is going to get fed up with you and you will be wondering what you did wrong.

OK I'm done with this site later ..........:claps::claps::claps::claps:

UserRemoved1
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
not starting anything smitty :wave: Every picture you've posted here lately is a plug on your site for sale and I'm busting your balls. Too many guys online lately publicly saying they're not selling then they post somewhere that they don't think it will get back to anyone they have stuff for sale. I sleep at night if it bothers others sorry. :wave:

Slipknot
12-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Anyone have a picture of this color on a plug, or know where I can view one? thanks, Jim

sorry you didn't get that many real replies to your question :(
I guess with so many members intimidated to get turned in by the plug police, not many post pics of plugs anymore.:doh:

If I had some pics, I'd post then for you, sorry

good luck

Slipknot
12-18-2008, 07:48 PM
SMITTY HOW MUCH?

why is it that you are always trying to start stuff.......:claps:

you know what sooner or later every one is going to get fed up with you and you will be wondering what you did wrong.

OK I'm done with this site later ..........:claps::claps::claps::claps:

not starting anything smitty :wave: Every picture you've posted here lately is a plug on your site for sale and I'm busting your balls. Too many guys online lately publicly saying they're not selling then they post somewhere that they don't think it will get back to anyone they have stuff for sale. I sleep at night if it bothers others sorry. :wave:

WTF!

not starting anything? :rollem: ya right

how do you have time for your hobby of busting balls? I thought you were a busy plug builder Scott. You are driving members away from here. Is that what you are trying to do? mold the forum to your liking? gimme a break please. the holier than thou schtik has gotten way old. Keep it up and this type of thing will really drive people away, it pains me to see this once great forum be a shell of what it once was or could be.

reply if you choose, here where you started it please, I don't want email

thanks for cooporating and getting along

Slipknot
12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
like I said, post reply here not by email or pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
can i have another infraction now?

Careful or the plug police will pull you over

Bruce this has been gone around so many times it's pathetic and the guy is still doing it. I ain't the bad guy I'm only breakin his balls. Whether it's him, $%@#&*, @#$%^& or %$#@!*&(, any of these asschumps they're ALL selling their stuff in shops. Most doing it in unmarked bags now too...how freakin childish is that. The fact is EVERY single picture he's posted on that site has made it up for sale on his own website within a few weeks. He's trolling for sales at the Asbury show or online thru pm's or his own site.

I very seriously doubt saying something to someone pulling this stuff keeps someone from legitimately putting up pics of their stuff. If it does then there's something wrong.
[end quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep something is wrong
members have told me they are not comfortable posting pics of their plugs.

what is it to you if some people do sell plugs anyway? you don't have to make it your own personal crusade to call people out on the forum.

just reply on the thread please and sort it out where you started it,

thanks, Bruce

no need for speculation, try giving people the benefit of a doubt

Jenn
12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Play nice boys...:conf:

Seriously though I did not see that Smitty was directly trying to sell plugs in the post so whats the problem? I dont know what the intent was and I dont get into the "politics" between plugs builders (thank goodness) so other than a pic of some plugs pertaining to the original question I dont see a problem here.That is after all what this forum is for, no? To make plugs, share info and learn from each other?

UserRemoved1
12-18-2008, 09:11 PM
hey Bruce you want it public here it is! I sent you a pm because I didn't feel this belonged online. Since your a moderator and said post it here then hey why not I got NOTHING to hide.

Why should I or Bigfish or Afterhours pay to be a sponsor of this site when guys like Smitty, Sporty, Fishdoc, Charleston, Baystalker, and many many more continually post pictures on here when they're doing nothing but trolling for sales?

Let's take smitty for instance. Every single post he's had with pictures here recently HAS been posted somewhere else including his own website with pictures of the same plugs in packages and for sale. So it's fair to everyone on here for this to keep happening time and time again? We been through this before and it's a sticky at the top of the forum. Not only is it against the site's policy of giving these guys free advertising in some cases these guys are in shops in plain package wrappers, or selling on other private forums here BLATANTLY and also doing it via private messages.

I've seen enough of this bs to last a lifetime. And when I do I'm going to say something. Why anyone would have a problem posting pictures of something if they're not selling or have nothing to hide is beyond me, nor can I understand why you feel it drives people away. I don't even post pictures here anymore because I've heard enough crap about being spam spam spam etc myself.

NO holier than though attitude. MY attitude is if your gonna sell then PAY to be a sponsor, PAY your frickin taxes-state, federal, and excise! Why should any of these guys get to make more money than any advertiser here!

Bruce you or anyone else can flame all you want I couldn't care less. Not one of these guys affects what I do every day but I'm tired of paying through the frickin nose every day when these guerilla marketers play cheat the system behind the scenes.

IT'S NOT FAIR to ANYONE who supports this site. The difference is I got the balls to say it publicly.

RANT OFF

JohnR
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
My last reply apparently got edited ;) so here goes again.

Scott, if you, Bigfish or Afterhours, or any other sponsors have legitimate feeling that someone is spamming the forum, let me know. Please don't take it upon yourself to be the moderator / plug police or whatever. The purpose of this forum is to share plug building info, not to decide who can post what or who is doing what.

This plug board is a litle stagnant, partially due to crap like this, and it is time for that to change. If you or anyone else has a problem with that, contact me.

From here on out, no more "Ball Busting" suspected "Spammers" that are participating in the forums.

For those that are selling commercially elsewhere, please, I encourage you to participate and enjoy the forums. I also think it is more than reasonable to NOT conduct selling here. Thanks!

John

smitty919
12-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Just for the record i am a commercial builder and do pay all my tax's.
I have never and will never pm any person to sell my plugs. "dont need to"

I posted 3 plug pictures of plugs including the wonder breads in the last 2 months so i dont know how you say im spamming yes 2 of them are now something on my site but that was it.

This is and will be the 2nd site i dont visit any more due to the problems you start with other builders just not worth it.....

I really hope you dont drive this one to the ground as you did with the others.

See you all on the flip side......

Pete F.
12-19-2008, 07:50 AM

I'd never have known he had a site or sold plugs if you had'nt announced it.

JohnR
12-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Smitty - stick around, we're trying to improve things here.

Personally, I have not seen or heard any complaints that you are selling under the table here so understand that my post was indicating that. What I was saying is a little more of a blanket statement on commercial selling.Anyway, reconsider, hang out, and lets get this stuff fun again.

Gunpowder
12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Smitty - stick around, we're trying to improve things here.

Personally, I have not seen or heard any complaints that you are selling under the table here so understand that my post was indicating that. What I was saying is a little more of a blanket statement on commercial selling.Anyway, reconsider, hang out, and lets get this stuff fun again.

i agree... stick around. besides, its winter time and this is when everyone gets all antsy in their pantsies :chatter

striperman36
12-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe we should have a pissing match forum and just let them fight it out over there.
Personally, I don't even know the guy, so I don't know about all this illegal selling stuff.
I do know I wish I could see other peoples efforts and the DIY on how to do what they do.
I miss that here it never seems to get there.

Lower
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
So gregorjim...all clear now? :rotf2:

Hi guys :wave:.

Tagger
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
3 styles of Wonder Bread that I've seen/done .
1. I'll just call multi colored dots
2. same as above only you go over it with a pearl white to tone it down a bit .
3. you don't do little dots, but multi color the whole plug (blotch if you will) the white pearl over that . Larry's jointed above looks like a good example of that style ..

Bay Stalker
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
He is the reason I stopped posting here. He should worry more about him self. To let him attack people all the time will keep turning guys away.

Nebe
12-27-2008, 01:14 PM
He is the reason I stopped posting here. He should worry more about him self. To let him attack people all the time will keep turning guys away.

Turning guys away from what?? spamming? These lure forums are for the sharing of info between hobbyists.
If you ask me all of the under the table spammers on here and other sites do more to discourage posting than anything.. I say that because I know several people who wont post their new ideas because they know that most guys who sell wouldnt think twice about ripping off an idea that was thought up by someone who will probably not try to capitalize on it.

numbskull
12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Ha! Just wait until Eddy, Paul, and I retire and form the Leaky Prostate Lure Manufacturing Co. As long as our bowels are not too much of a problem and one of us can still remember where our shop is located, we'll put all these whipper snappers out of business.....unless of course we squander all our capital by hiring a secretary with really huge breasts.

ProfessorM
12-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Ha! Just wait until Eddy, Paul, and I retire and form the Leaky Prostate Lure Manufacturing Co. As long as our bowels are not too much of a problem and one of us can still remember where our shop is located, we'll put all these whipper snappers out of business.....unless of course we squander all our capital by hiring a secretary with really huge breasts.

Yeah what he said, really huge like the personal nurse for the guy from Penzance Point.:biglaugh:

I must say this forum is dead as a doornail. Really stinks how far it has gone down. A real shame. Have no idea what will bring it back to its heyday. Wish I did. Any ideas people? The other major bass site's plugmaking forum is flourishing. Seems pretty similar to ours.

Karl F
12-27-2008, 05:46 PM
i ain't gonna pick a fight wit nobody...(please hold the spam tho :hee:).... how's about posting some pics of the stuff ya all been buildin' for your wintah fun, just for starters...:D

i showed my fall stuff the past month or so... what u guys been doing????

Diggin Jiggin
12-27-2008, 07:02 PM
I like wonder bread when it's done very lightly like on the old pearl bombers.

Here's one I did last year that I haven't fished yet.

Striperknight
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
This site has the same problem SS.com has/had. On the one hand you have pros who pay money to sponsor and keep the lights on.

Then you have the smaller guys who will blitz 5-6 sites with their newer creations pics and never hear much from them again.

Do you blame a guy who pays for a sponsorship to be mad?

If you place limit these smaller guys and they all get in a tiff and dont post(not that they posted a lot anyway). Some have good intentions and others are spaming. Sometimes its hard to tell this but I know I like all the pictures.

The site owners/mods get put in a bad position because the want
to keep the lights on and still have content.

Paul that other site does not have paid sponsors and you don't have these problems cause people can post anything they want.

There is no easy answer to this. SS com made a ruling that only
people who don't sell plugs anywhere and it brought the forum to trickle. Seems more people sell they lead you to believe.

I have no problems with big or small builders just saying that
because money (sponsorship) is in this equation
it gets ugly fast.

numbskull
12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Build to fish, the rest will take care of itself.

Slipknot
12-27-2008, 10:07 PM
The subject is not going away and will continue to come around, I guess it's just the nature of these forums,the opportunity it provides, and it's free flowing way of info and ability to post pictures of ones work. I can write all night about this but I won't bore you all.

Some good points have been made here. I hope everyone can come to a conclusion here and realize what goes on, if not, I'll spell it out the best I can.

I'm not here to pick any fights either.
I seem to be the only one with balls enough to say something because I've have had enough and seen enough of the calling out of certain members who salty suspected of some wrong doing as far as the rules of the forum pertaining to commercial selling/spamming. This isn't SOL, their policies and what they allow over there don't apply here. It's pretty clear that without pretty convincing proof that someone went from hobby builder to commercial and wasn't paying the fed. fishing excise tax, that those accusations are pretty much unjustified unless you work for the IRS or the person admits to some kind of spamming or something. Another words, just because someone has a website where they post their own pictures of plugs and also have some plugs posted on the forum or just happens to have plugs for sale someplace, doesn't mean they didn't go thru all the proper channels like paying the excise tax due. ( I also have a sub-website on my own website where I have plugs posted and those same pictures were on here at one time also, that doesn't make me a spammer or a cheat I hope. I have not added to it in years but just thought that might be relevant. I don't sell plugs.
And even if they are not a sponsor, John can only allow just so many sponsors anyway, maybe they asked. There is other possible explanations to things other than jumping to conclusions about spam. Let John decide. Like John says, if anyone(like a sponsor or other) suspects a member of spamming, to contact him rather than commenting with a How much? sarcastic remark type thing.

Striperknight , hopefully there is some happy medium, I don't know where that is but we certainly don't want to get someone mad. Here lies another problem, the lucky few who are paying sponsors have the right to speak up about any others who don't follow the spamming rules, and like I said, that should be done directly with John, not on the forum where it gets ugly.

hey Bruce you want it public here it is! I sent you a pm because I didn't feel this belonged online. Since your a moderator and said post it here then hey why not I got NOTHING to hide.

Why should I or Bigfish or Afterhours pay to be a sponsor of this site when guys like Smitty, Sporty, Fishdoc, Charleston, Baystalker, and many many more continually post pictures on here when they're doing nothing but trolling for sales?

Let's take smitty for instance. Every single post he's had with pictures here recently HAS been posted somewhere else including his own website with pictures of the same plugs in packages and for sale. So it's fair to everyone on here for this to keep happening time and time again? We been through this before and it's a sticky at the top of the forum. Not only is it against the site's policy of giving these guys free advertising in some cases these guys are in shops in plain package wrappers, or selling on other private forums here BLATANTLY and also doing it via private messages.

I've seen enough of this bs to last a lifetime. And when I do I'm going to say something. Why anyone would have a problem posting pictures of something if they're not selling or have nothing to hide is beyond me, nor can I understand why you feel it drives people away. I don't even post pictures here anymore because I've heard enough crap about being spam spam spam etc myself.

NO holier than though attitude. MY attitude is if your gonna sell then PAY to be a sponsor, PAY your frickin taxes-state, federal, and excise! Why should any of these guys get to make more money than any advertiser here!

Bruce you or anyone else can flame all you want I couldn't care less. Not one of these guys affects what I do every day but I'm tired of paying through the frickin nose every day when these guerilla marketers play cheat the system behind the scenes.

IT'S NOT FAIR to ANYONE who supports this site. The difference is I got the balls to say it publicly.

RANT OFF

I didn't bother to answer your rant Scott, because it was just that, a rant and a lot of exaggeration and hearsay. The how much comments didn't belong on here either. I think if you opened your eyes, you'd know how I'd answer, but tunnelvision is hard to see the big picture.
Nope, spam is not fair to any of us here just as the accusations of spam or other stuff without real proof being written on the forum instead of pointed out to John like what was spoken about years ago. It does drive people away and some don't want to be falsely accused so they don't post, don't need the hassle. And just as Nebe says, people don't want their ideas stolen and used so they don't post either. I don't blame them.
The forum is about building plugs to fish with like Numbskull said, I hope we can get back to that.

Karl, I'd post some plugs if I made any, but I have not. Hopefully soon.

I'm not a babysitter, hopefully we can all be adults here. Thanks

Slipknot
12-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I like wonder bread when it's done very lightly like on the old pearl bombers.

Here's one I did last year that I haven't fished yet.

Nice Dave, that's the wonderbread I like :btu:

redneck24
12-27-2008, 10:53 PM
its like friggin romper room, im so glad i am out of this business. its childish crap like this that makes it not worth it. its friggin fishing lures, and the little children in the business do nothing but piss and moan, and point fingers. you can have all this crap, good luck. and as far as the forum being dead, THIS IS THE REASON! its all gotten out of hand, people dont even fish plugs anymore, they collect them, and sell them for some stupid price because they are pretty, they dont give a damn if they work, because they never fish them. people make lures to catch fish, that what this forum should be about, and until people realize that, it will just continue to suck.

sorethumb
12-28-2008, 03:51 AM
I don't even build the damn things I think this is all a bunch of grown up BS!This is the second time I came back to the forums and as you can see 7 posts I'm done Adios to all the normal people.It's always about money unless it is just a competition you all do nice work too bad you all just can't get along.Later.

Raven
12-28-2008, 06:07 AM
of the "toned down paint scheme" there... :wave:

i remember talkin with kevin Vandam... years ago about his
theory of spinner bait speed and how he burns em by fish really fast
at times so they barely see the bait...

and i asked him about why plugs with worn off paint sometimes become favorites...
because of how well they catch...like the plugs that are now bone color
....or the under-finish color... or more subtle paint schemes...:humpty: ect.

Grapenuts
12-28-2008, 09:55 AM
You have paying sponsors here....when any comm. builder post their wares in any form it is spam and any sponsor has the right to sound off.....owner/mod's need to do their homework and keep up with whos doing what outside of their site.

BigFish
12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I think this forum has suffered greatly the past few years, and I also think that maybe we need to lighten up and put the fun back in this forum?! It is, after all, about building plugs! So why not just let folks post their work as long as it is in the spirit of this forum and in the spirit of goodwill and sharing! I learned how to build plugs from this forum and am happier for it! I had never even dreamed of building my own plugs before I stumbled in here! I had long admired the amazing, beautiful and incredible work that was done by so many of the folks who posted here and that was what inspired me to learn to build my own....and I have so many folks here to thank for their help and I have never forgotten them! My selfish pleasure is looking at pictures of all the other builders work.....the creative talents of everyone never ceases to amaze me and also inspire me! I am a builder sure but first and foremost I am a lover of all plugs handmade! If the fun gets squashed by all the BS then that is a shame. I have made many friends here, and would not trade one of them for a buck! With a New Year on the horizon.....lets commit to changing things in here for the better??;)

Pete F.
12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I told John R once that I never get into arguments on the Internet, well almost never.
Some plug builders are forgetting, or perhaps not realizing, that the fascination with wooden plugs today was not driven by a bunch of guys standing around talking. The Internet drove it, I believe mostly thru the plugbuilding forums. If you drive all the small time custom builders out of the forums a lot of interest will be lost.
I don't believe that there are many NEW inventions in the plugbuilding world. Just look at the line below my sig, that book was written right around the time I was born.
This was by far the best plugbuilding forum on the web. I hope it will be so again.
Now I need to think about cleaning my shop so I can build some plugs this winter.

fishbones
12-28-2008, 10:44 AM
.....owner/mod's need to do their homework and keep up with whos doing what outside of their site.

You expect people who work for free to put in extra time to research what members here do when they're not on this site? I think that's a lot to ask of people who are just trying to help make this an enjoyable site for all of us. Would you want to spend your time researching what everyone who posts pics here is doing when they're not on this site?

While I agree that commercial plugbuilders shouldn't be allowed to "spam" the forums, I don't think the moderators or John R should be looking into what people are doing outside of this site.

Slingah
12-28-2008, 11:07 AM
the only way I see to resolve this is to not allow posts from commercial plug builders...sponsors or not...hobbyists only forum....
it would be nice to see this forum get back to what is once was..

BigFish
12-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Well how does that make things better Slingah??!! The people who do pay to be on here are not allowed to post?? Now that would not be right!

NIB
12-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Well how does that make things better Slingah??!! The people who do pay to be on here are not allowed to post?? Now that would not be right!

Many Hobbyist have taken the step to become commercial builders due to what they have learned on this site.To go back guys like Bernzy and Ryan,I remember Salty's dive into building and even Larry himself..I think to have them sharing their creations would be a great inspiration to the young at heart aspiring builder..
Just think of what could be learned if Metal Lip posted more.He knows lots of what went on as far as th creations of many plugs.I think not allowing commercial builders to post their creations and talk about them is doing the service a great diservice..Those who have chosen to sponsor the site should do so out of their own generosity.They get privileges to sell their wares where others don't.I think thats great.I think it is wrong when they have a problem with those who do not sponsor the site put up a few pics..It really seems so minor to me.The way I see it all of the sponsors can't keep up with the demand as it is already..

It's plug Building plain and simple..Not for nutin I like to see the nicer plugs.I am not enthralled or feel compelled to lie to someone on their first attempts when the look like my ass.Get good then post have some pride.The level needs to be set higher.Guys Like Tagger and Thank God For Numby and his X-rays....They are a great inspiration to make plugs that actually work.Reworking old but true designs.And that Boat guy with the beautiful off center jointeds.Guys who add like Lou.There are so many others..This place is priceless but it could be so much better.
IMO..

BTW I prefer a fogged over wonder bread.I think the soft blend of colors mimics that iridescent hue all baitfish have..

Slingah
12-28-2008, 11:53 AM

nothing against you guys Larry and I don't think it would be fair either..I'm just saying that is what would stop that reason for fighting...it would take it out of the equation. it seems to me that money is the issue.... someting has to give.

ProfessorM
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Like my mother always said worry about yourself. So many people are worried about what the other guy is doing. I say mind your own business and if you are bothered by something see a moderator not stick it in here and bore the crap out of the guys who are asking questions and are interested in the actual building of plugs. Maybe we need a commercial builders community forum and a hobby forum. Separate. I really think the ball busting, innuendo, wise ass comments, needs to stop. I have really lost all respect for a few of the guys here by their childish bullsh&%*$t. Grow up and have some fun. I also feel if you have nothing positive to say than keep it to yourself or send a PM. Constructive criticism is different. The world is too full of negative comments. It is just plugs and the talking about plugs. IMO if you don't like it change the channel and be gone. Don't ruin it for the ones who enjoy the banter of plug building.

angler229
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I should probably just stay out of this but this issue really pushes my buttons. What I think is crazy about this, is #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is saying that because he is a sponsor he has the right to control the content on this forum. It is absolutely ridiculous and it does members here a great disservice, by driving people away who could potentially add a great deal. The other sponsors of this website at least deal with issues in a private manner and and don't deter people from posting. Also, are you so insecure about your own business that you feel the need to attack anyone that sells a plug. It seems you would be much better served spending that time working and improving your own product than bashing others.

BigFish
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Bingo both NIB and Professor! How can we give back if we can't participate?? Also.....Professor nailed it....people in all walks of life need to worry less about what others do and more about themselves!

NIB
12-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Also.....Professor nailed it....people in all walks of life need to worry less about what others do and more about themselves!

I could not agree more Larry..

NIB
12-28-2008, 02:58 PM
[quote=BigFish;649691]Bingo both NIB and Professor! How can we give back if we can't participate?? [quote]

:agree:
I also think it is up to the members not to solicit plugs In a illicit manner..Especially from guys who don't support the site.Show some respect and have some normal decency..
Or in other words don't be a F'n scumbag..

smitty919
12-28-2008, 03:24 PM
well i was about to make a long post over this but changed my mind as i dont want this to go any farther than it needs to so with that said he is rite i have no place to post any pics and wont end of story......

the site is all yours salty :grins:

NIB
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I should probably just stay out of this but this issue really pushes my buttons. What I think is crazy about this, is #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is saying that because he is a sponsor he has the right to control the content on this forum. It is absolutely ridiculous and it does members here a great disservice, by driving people away who could potentially add a great deal. The other sponsors of this website at least deal with issues in a private manner and and don't deter people from posting. Also, are you so insecure about your own business that you feel the need to attack anyone that sells a plug. It seems you would be much better served spending that time working and improving your own product than bashing others.

I think this comes down to a familiar problem..Salty seems to take great umbrage with other aspiring plugbuilders.Way to much energy expended on this issue if you ask me.Unfortunately this is a building consensus among fellow surfcasters..From Mass Thur NJ..
I like Salty,I think He's a good guy.Really..He has put a ton of work and money into his company in short time.He builds a good plug for decent money...He's doing all the right things on that front.His plug specials are awesome.Hard to find anything of his quality for the money he sells em off at..
But..there's always a but..
He does seem to go out of his way on some issues and it is becoming a real turnoff...If you ask me, I think it is greatly affecting his sales.Not just my opinion...I think if he tweaked a few designs and worked on his people skills a little, he could very easily be the biggest producer/seller of wooden lures out there.I think the basic structure of his company is that good.It's a shame for him to have some of his ideological differences holding him back..
People reward kindness and remember cruelty.

Karl F
12-28-2008, 04:20 PM
in case nobody else noticed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFXur5OocI

BigFish
12-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Was that a collective sigh I just heard???:rolleyes:

tattoobob
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow talk about beating a dead horse :deadhorse:

ProfessorM
12-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow talk about beating a dead horse :deadhorse:

I disagree the horse needs to be beat every once in a while so something constructive comes out of it and everyone is on the same page and we can go back to having fun and not a soap opera.

Striperknight
12-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I think this comes down to a familiar problem..Salty seems to take great umbrage with other aspiring plugbuilders.

I disagree with this statement. He does have a problem with "Guerilla
spammers" and people not paying the manufacturing tax (which hurts us all)

I have seen him give demos to aspiring plug makers at a couple of plugfests. Last year at plugfest he gave anyone his time to show how to make tail loops. He has given away tons of wood to all these newbies to the hobby. Lastly he has contributed to this forum and has been trying to get interest going with trivia questions I have no clue on how to answer.:smash:

Do I agree with his methods?... no... but he gets you fired up and thinking instead of tip toeing around the issue.

NIB
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Like I said there would be no Guerrilla's in the mist if there where no one to buy em.The blame has to be laid on those who support that type of action as much as it does the spammer.One way would be to disable email references from our profiles.You want a email you have to make a PM, they can be monitored.I know it's a PITA for those who have to deal with it but it is one way around it.
You can also say what you want.I truly believe with his actions he is hurting himself in the long run.
My dad used to say one Oh sh!te wipes out ten attaboys..
It's not my intention to make these statements in detriment to Scott.I am doing this so perhaps he can see the forest from the trees..Mow them down and make lures out of em.I have witnessed him go thru the ranks.He one of the older guys doing this now.I remember when he would spray fix a tif on the painted plugs in effort to make a better bond for his epoxy top coat..

Karl F
12-28-2008, 10:54 PM
as was mentioned, you can do the wonderbread 2 different ways..

http://homelessmanspeaks.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/wonderbread.JPG

or this way, not that there is anything wrong with either way...

http://beachpackagingdesign.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/18/wonderbread.jpg

Charleston
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM

RANT OFF

Trolling for sales?:rotflmao: You will never change Scott. You'll talk crap about anyone as long as it promotes your agenda. Do me a favor, leave me out of your pissing and moaning.

Nebe
12-28-2008, 11:40 PM
This thread is all apples and oranges...

apples is that scott called one out for posting a picture of a lure that the guy sells some where else.. I think thats wrong as the guy didnt mention anything about selling or being contacted to sell..

oranges is about personal responsibility. Those that do sell should post respectfully and those who dont should do the same..

Flaptail
12-29-2008, 08:08 AM
This thread is all apples and oranges...

apples is that scott called one out for posting a picture of a lure that the guy sells some where else.. I think thats wrong as the guy didnt mention anything about selling or being contacted to sell..

oranges is about personal responsibility. Those that do sell should post respectfully and those who dont should do the same..

I hadn't opened this thread until this morning. I thought "I need to read how the other guys do it cause I tried mixing (blending actually) colrs to get that soft old style Wonderbread like the old bombers and have failed miserably. Then I start to read the rest of this.

I come here to learn. I haven't leaned much lately (last 2 years actually). I do love Plugfest and it's basic premise. I do beleive a lot of builders in the commercial end do not give credit where credit is due, which, when I do bitch, is my main complaint and it gets me in mui caliente agua ( my spanish sucks as you can tell). If it looks like a duck , swims like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck, maybe your version is slightly different but it is still a duck.

I learn more now when I spend time in Numby's cellar or a day fishing with Tagger or listeneing to Prof M as he casts and talks to the bass on a calm flat in CC Bay at dawn then here.

Hours on the phone with TC or quiet talks with Stan Kuszia are what I live for now to make my plugbuilding better. I miss Bassmaster beleive it or not and those days when Mr. Pogie and others long gone from this forum posted regularly.

Leave yur egos at the door, share and learn and celebrate success when someone posts pics of what they have achieved in thier progress.

I wish I had never opened this to look at. The thrill is gone in building, no motivation here which is what I thrived on. Thank God for new Stratocasters. My plug building is suffering but my playing just gets bettter and better!

The Dad Fisherman
12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I thought "I need to read how the other guys do it cause I tried mixing (blending actually) colrs to get that soft old style Wonderbread like the old bombers and have failed miserably.

Start with a White Primer ...then hit with a light spray of red, yellow, and blue wherever you want the colors and in a pattern that you like. Then after that, fog over it with a pearl paint......sometimes two or three coats depending on how subdued you want the colors to show through.

Hope that helps....

Nebe
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Heres a great example of wonderbread in 3D..
http://www.wimp.com/laminarflow/

Karl F
12-29-2008, 12:25 PM
cool video nebe

Bay Stalker
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&

RANT OFF

Let me tell ya something Richard Cranium I have NEVER PM'ed or emailed anyone to by my plugs or to buy their plugs on this site or any other site. I have not even asked to trade with anyone. I post pics because I am proud of what I created. So For the last time LEAVE ME THE $#@% ALONE. If you have anything else to say to me do it in person.

Karl F
12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
i'll say it one more time..."Elvis has left the building"

if anybody needs that to feel they've won...

hey...congrats...you won...

i think the horse is dead now, no need to keep beating it...

and he does have an email off his website, if you want to continue...please do so there.... lets get this back to a plug building forum...PLEASE.... :)

deep breaths, and unbunch the panties....

ThrowingTimber
12-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Well said back to the plug building :agree: