View Full Version : Plugfest 2009 voting suggestion

ThrowingTimber
12-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I would like to suggest the following.

When folks first come in to the plugfest they are given numbered ballot we’ll take a sheet of paper and equate that persons name with a number. Ie. James Bond = 007

The number 007 ballot will contain enough ballots to vote in however many categories there are. Ie. 6 catergories 6 ballots. (one ballot goes in each category) not to exceed 1 vote per category for 1 person

This will serve to give a clearer picture as to what is being voted on and by whom.

1. Vote per category, so they there are 6 categories bob smith 007 should have 1 ballot in each category not more than 1 vote from bob smith 007 in more than 1 category.

2. If that does’nt work for everyone only give voting ability (ballots) to folks who have a lure or multiples entered in the contest. 1 lure or multiples is still 1 ballot vote in each category.

If we could get 3 members to tally and deliver the results would be great.

We'll get cardboard boxes or whatever with a slit to drop votes into that way you cant tell how many have gone into one box and they'll remain sealed until the 3 volunteers count them up. Duplicate ballots submitted into one cat. will be voided by the counters. Ie bob smith takes all 6 of his ballots and dumps them into 1 cat. All voided. Suggestions?? Anyone volunteers to assist with the tallies etc?

Slipknot
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Sounds good, I can help if you want.
It sounds like you are doing the voting kind of like a Chinese raffle type thing where we will need a box for each entry plug, is that it? this numbered ballot thing must be to keep someone from stuffing the ballots voting more than once. good idea TT

ThrowingTimber
12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
exactly.

Someone was complaining about it instead of contributing or coming up with a solution.

So I figured I would suggest it.

First rule of complaining, present your complaint with a reasonable suggestion for a solution :bgi:

eastendlu
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I will help with whatever you need TT.

mikecc
12-19-2008, 04:43 PM
:claps::claps:
exactly.

Someone was complaining about it instead of contributing or coming up with a solution.

First rule of complaining, present your complaint with a reasonable suggestion for a solution :bgi:

Dad 818
12-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I'll help out if ya need it

ThrowingTimber
12-20-2008, 11:31 AM
111 views and 5 responses.....

Thanks for offering to help out everyone once we get this firmed up I'll let you know how we're going to go about things.

Now is the chance folks any input would def. help out here.

Dad 818
01-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Timber, definitely got the day off, so I can help count ballots if you need it.

MAC
02-05-2009, 06:37 AM
If you need any help Vic, count me in.

Slipknot
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
exactly.

So Vic, did you come up with the voting ballots yet? :huh:

Slipknot
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I would like to suggest the following.

When folks first come in to the plugfest they are given numbered ballot we’ll take a sheet of paper and equate that persons name with a number. Ie. James Bond = 007

The number 007 ballot will contain enough ballots to vote in however many categories there are. Ie. 6 catergories 6 ballots. (one ballot goes in each category) not to exceed 1 vote per category for 1 person

This will serve to give a clearer picture as to what is being voted on and by whom.

1. Vote per category, so they there are 6 categories bob smith 007 should have 1 ballot in each category not more than 1 vote from bob smith 007 in more than 1 category.

2. If that does’nt work for everyone only give voting ability (ballots) to folks who have a lure or multiples entered in the contest. 1 lure or multiples is still 1 ballot vote in each category.

If we could get 3 members to tally and deliver the results would be great.

We'll get cardboard boxes or whatever with a slit to drop votes into that way you cant tell how many have gone into one box and they'll remain sealed until the 3 volunteers count them up. Duplicate ballots submitted into one cat. will be voided by the counters. Ie bob smith takes all 6 of his ballots and dumps them into 1 cat. All voided. Suggestions?? Anyone volunteers to assist with the tallies etc?

we'll be more organized next year and have more room, we'll revisit this and make it even better next year :D