View Full Version : gone fishing

stiff tip
12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
yup....headed to pulaski for new yrs long wknd .i love it ..i got new water proof camara for x-mas .hope to come back w/ some pic....fishing has been good .but 4ft of snow up there......

The Dad Fisherman
12-30-2008, 02:31 PM
How long of a ride is that up there? All these pics are getting me antsy

Mike P
12-30-2008, 03:01 PM
How long of a ride is that up there? All these pics are getting me antsy

6-8 hours, depending on weather and how heavy a foot you have.

The Dad Fisherman
12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
It can be pretty heavy....but it lightens up going through Fishkill.....lesson learned

Mike P
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Here's a little tip for dealing w/ upstate NY, right from a Trooper's mouth to my wife's ears: "Keep it under 70 sweetie and you'll be fine". That was in a 55 zone.

14 mph or less over the limit is what we call a "gentleman's C" ;)

Why would you be going through Fishkill? :confused: The Pike to Albany's a straighter shot.

tynan19
12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Made it 4 hrs from Worcester middle of night one stop in Lee. Most times it takes 4 1/2 to 5 depending on traffic. 90 all the way to Cuse then N from there. Sometimes I cut up through Utica. Last few trips have included one way of inclement weather. Luckily both states do a great job on the road. Dave, hardly any snow left on Sunday but more to come. Good luck.

The Dad Fisherman
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Why would you be going through Fishkill? :confused: The Pike to Albany's a straighter shot.

Wouldn't be....I would go down the pike....just remembered getting nabbed in Fishkill, with my son, going to a Scout camporee.

85 in a 55....but he only wrote me up for 60 in a 55....I thanked him for it :hee:

Mike P
12-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't be....I would go down the pike....just remembered getting nabbed in Fishkill, with my son, going to a Scout camporee.

85 in a 55....but he only wrote me up for 60 in a 55....I thanked him for it :hee:

2 points instead of 11, if you had a NY license. That would have been a huge break, because 11 points is an automatic suspension. Even for a Mass driver, he saved you a few hundred on the fine and a lost day of work for a court appearance, because anything more than 25 over means you have to show up in court :(