View Full Version : thanks

Gene Bourque
12-17-2002, 07:46 PM
thanks Slip! I spend way too much time lurking at this site and a couple others because I think it's really important to know what everyone is talking about. In my tackle shop days it was easy - man, if anything I heard too much! Now that I'm joined at the hip to my friggin computer (except when I'm fishing, which is just about every day from April - Nov., at least for a few hours after work) I get a lot of good info (which is all true, right?!? ;) at websites and talking with people at shows. Glad you like OTW - I think you'll like the new look that's coming with the Jan. issue - don't worry, we aren't going slick and fancy, just more color and some basic design changes. Gene

Slipknot
12-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I just renewed my subscription for 2 more years and I wanted you to know it's because of articles like the one Joe did. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the new look.
BTW I think you may have inadvertently hit NEW Topic instead of reply :smash: you'll catch on ;)
Oh and we don't talk about much here, other than stripers ofcourse.

JohnR
12-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Yes, I want to second OTW and the what Slip said about the article on Andy Lemar. I've met Andy a few times and he is a first class guy and that was a first class article about him :btu:

Also saw you a couple months ago at the MSBA club for your presentation on, well, we are not supposed to talk about that but I found the stories about that watering hole & Red Coats fascinating...

Again, an official welcome to Striped-Bass.com...

Sincerely,

John R
Owner/Operator
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Webmastah
Purveyor of Bad Jokes :rolleyes:
Founder of thie site of RagTags and malcontents
(along with significant backup of Saltheart)

capesams
12-17-2002, 08:53 PM
AND don't forget the guy u like to harrass the c*** out of, just cause I live on the other side of the ditch an can't get to ya.:hee:

Welcome MR> Gene

Fish_Eye
12-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Hello Gene,

Slipknot is another satisfied OTW reader -- and so am I. Your publication is very special and remains one of my favorite monthly reads. Keep up the great work.

Mike Laptew

Mr. Sandman
12-17-2002, 09:29 PM
DITTO! I look forward every issue of OTW. One thing I like about it is that it has some meat to it....I like "the fisherman" too but I generally finish it while I am standing up at the kitchen table..OTW I sit in a quite room in a nice chair and savor for a couple days. Loaded with good info...something for everyone, even if you are just thinking of getting into boating/fishing.

Gene Bourque
12-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, thanks again guys (I'm starting to sound like a broken record - remember those??!) I'm truly grateful that you like the mag - I'm very lucky to work with and for some truly obsessed fishermen. We do try very hard to put out stuff that is entertaining and hopefully even hardcore types like I know are on this site can pick up something now and then. There are always things that we are trying to improve and we screw up on occasion, no doubt! BUT...I try to find writers who are fishermen, first and foremost, not just "outdoor writers" whatever that is!! We were amazed and really pleased by the response to the Andy Lamar story and there will another profile by Joe in an upcoming issue very soon and maybe more after that. I'll be doing most all the shows in the next few months so please stop by our booth and introduce yourselves. In the meantime, if you happen to be at Scorton some day in the next few months and see some idiot dragging a board over the marsh and using it to get over the ditches (because he weighs too much to jump 'em like he used to in his younger days!), that would be me...

fishweewee
12-18-2002, 07:34 AM
Mr. Bourque...

OTW ROCKS!!! :D

I can't bring myself to throw out a single issue. Good thing it's only a monthly! :p

-Another happy reader