View Full Version : Marbury

rwilhelm
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Heard the Celtics have interest if he gets released from the Knicks. I hope this does not happen, I think it would be a bad move. He has a lot of talent but is an awful teamate. Maybe they are thinking Garnett will wip him into shape.

Mike P
01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Pray that someone up there comes to his senses. As a locker room cancer, this guy makes Terrell Owens look like a cold sore :doh:

EarnedStripes44
01-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Quite frankly, we just don't need him. We have a nice complement of guards in Rondo, House, Ray Allen, Swingman T.Allen, Pruitt and Cassell.

What we need is another PJ Brown, a dependable big man (center preferably 6'10" or above) who can give us 10 minutes of solid play off the bench who plays zone defense and can hit the 12 foot jump shot and register between 4 or 6 pts as a 3rd or 4th option. Big Baby is undersized at center and plays a little unrestrained at times and will just be eaten by a big center. Big Baby is a reserve power forward and that is just that. O'Bryant is just not good enough. He does not have the killer instinct needed for repeat- championship defense.

rwilhelm
01-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Where is PJ anyway? Did he retire or did someone pick him up? I wish the C's kept him.

EarnedStripes44
01-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure, I think he is a free agent

ProfessorM
01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
sitting at home retired or semi retired

Mr. Krinkle
01-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I was pissed at the Celtics for even contemplating picking up Marbury. I'm from New York and i've been hearing about this saga everyday on sports radio.

I now believe that this is a good idea. I coach varsity basketball here on Long Island and we have only one person who can handle the ball and run the show, and he's only a sophomore in HS. When he gets in foul trouble it really exposes our weaknesses.

God forbid Rondo gets hurt or gets in foul trouble. Eddie House is very shaky handling the ball, and i'd rather having him spotting up or coming off screens and knocking down shots.

I hope that this experience for Marbury was humbling. I look at this situation as an insurance policy for Rondo and for some scoring off the bench down to take some pressure off of the big three to carry the load.

Yes, Marbury is an @$$hole, I know, I went to basketball camp and he was there and left after one day saying that there was nobody there that could compete with him (which was true). That shows a lot about his character. However, I feel This is a win - win situation for the Celtics. Remember, he's a 20pt - 8assist guy. If he acts like a #^&#^&#^&#^&, they release him, with a very minimal cost to the Celtics.

I know many will disagree with me, but that's OK!!!!

Proceed

ProfessorM
01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I'll take him for short money. If he screws up we will bench him and Garnett will rip him a new A hole. Winning changes a lot of people. I think it is worth the chance for short $$$$. If he wants big bucks forget it as he will be in it just for the cash. Hell he is rich enough and will get a chance for a title. Might change his tune for that.