View Full Version : Wachusett

Raven
01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Wachusett Winter ale

tried it.... not to impressed with it

anyone else have a Wachusett Ale they think is their best?

JohnnyD
01-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I've had it too and I wasn't much a fan at all.

I'm a big fan of the Sam Adams Winter Pack. Just about all of them are a great change of pace from other beers, except the cranberry one... bleh

Starfish
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Both my husband and I love Wachusett Country on tap at our favorite after work stop!:cheers2:
Never had the winter though.

tynan19
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Country, or Sam Winter for me right now.

Raven
01-09-2009, 05:59 AM
i just can't believe that October fest beer isn't available year round... smooth as silk....almost to smooth actually...
goes down a bit to easy... :smash: no headache afterwards

i'll try the Country! thanks for that recommendation

fishbones
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Raven, I just finished up the last of my Sam Octoberfest on Christmas. I try to overbuy to make it last a little longer, then switch over to the winter.

I also tried the Budweiser American Ale and was suprised at how much I liked it. It's a little watery compared to some other ales, but not bad coming from a big brewer. To me it seemed a little more like a pale ale than an amber ale, but I'd keep it in my fridge.

Raven
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
i sometimes get adventurous with beer because in the olden days the first brews were meades made from honey...

i like a sweet beer thats dark... sometimes belhaven scottish ale is all i want... to get blasted McEwens is the definate high test...

even killians irish red is good sometimes..

and then when you have a dark stout guiness it tastes sour
but you eventually get used to it...

Certain beers just do me in....after just one
on
the next day...i am with a migraine hangover like i went on a binge... for a whole weekend... yep from just ONE

so i select wisely...

Back Beach
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I like the blueberry ale in the summa, but that's about it for the 'chusett stuff.

Eagle Brook Saloon in Wrentham has the best micros, IMO....Outlaw Oatmeal Stout and Carson City Stew=:btu:

tynan19
01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I prefer a vintage Luccini Wine Cellars 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon.