View Full Version : ICE - STORM II

Raven
01-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Well here we go again.... freezing rain here... all the tree branches have a coating of ice on them and it's just starting.

i don't know how many of you have seen the damage already but you drive by hundreds of houses with huge brush piles
out front.

every where you look there's toppled over trees or broken tree's .....it looks like a war zone :doh:

Starfish
01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I know! Its pretty bad here in Worcester. Its only raining now but its 27 degrees out, the roads were hardly touched overnight and the rain is hitting the ground and freezing. I had to scrape over an inch of ice off my jeep. What a freakin mess!!

striperman36
01-07-2009, 08:34 AM
half inch of ice here in Mansfield
raining 31F

jake
01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
36 deg. here in westchester county. Rain mix w/ice!

Raven
01-07-2009, 01:46 PM
[B]Starfish;652294]. I had to scrape over an inch of ice off my jeep. What a freakin mess!!

i have been using NANOWAX by Eagle one

it's a spray on Canuba wax and then the Ice cannot stick
anymore....

Also if your not using RainX on your wind shield your blowing it
because ice cannot stick to a windshield with Rainx on it...

sold at walmart

rain drops race off and look alive like mini sand eels

they no longer spread out like amoeba's because the silicon fills in the microscopic dings and dents in your glass windshield from sand... i tap my ice on the windshield with the palm of my hand it all slides off all at once.

i no longer have to scrape ever again... PLUS they just made a new Rainx product that you can add to your windshield cleaner fluid which i also use.

MakoMike
01-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I just start my truck up and put onthe defroster 15 minutes before I want to leave.

Rob Rockcrawler
01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
The trees were swaying a lot and creaking like crazy about 4 pm today. Wherever it gets like this i hope i make it thru the night without a branch thru the roof

JohnnyD
01-08-2009, 12:21 AM
i no longer have to scrape ever again... PLUS they just made a new Rainx product that you can add to your windshield cleaner fluid which i also use.

Been using RainX windshield wash for 6 or 7 years now. The stuff is great. In the summer months, no need at all to manually put RainX on the windshield. Still need to apply it in the winter though to repel the morning ice.

I'm interested in that Nanowax. Might have to bring the car into my work garage and put it on.