View Full Version : Celts

ProfessorM
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
What's up this? Starting to become a trend. Not worried but you win all those games and now you can't beat the crappier teams. We will see tomorrow if they just need to play a higher caliber team to get out of this funk as they better come to play.

EarnedStripes44
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
were gonna make some moves. This is a good time to assess what pieces are missing because there are some size issues with the bench.

FishermanTim
01-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Not that this has been the sole issue behind their losses, but something has to be done about the shoddy officiating in these games as well as the league.

examples:

Portland game - 6 MEN on the court / No Foul
When it was brought to their attention, the officials stated that they couldn't disallow the basket Portland scored with 6 MEN ON THE COURT!
That would be like allowing a touchdown scored on an offensive penalty in football.

Last night - Player smacks ref on butt and GRABS HIS ARM / no technical foul (which is normally automatic).

I'm sorry, but in EVERY OTHER SPORT, these are automatic penalties, no question, no appeal. But in the NBA, they've suddenly either forgotten what the rules are, want to change the rules on a whim, or only call fouls that will let them win their bets! (Don't say it couldn't happen, since it already has!)

It's getting ridiculous.

ProfessorM
01-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Kobe who?, Lebron is the man. What a great talent. One man wrecking crew. The fire is gone and the turnovers, man. Helter skelter offense. Had to shut it off. Come on guys, wake the F up.

Slipknot
01-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I shut it off too Paul

they need to get it together and not fall too far behind so they can have the homecourt advantage, but if this is how they are playing :wall: then I don't see it happening.
I have faith though

rwilhelm
01-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah it was ugly! There is no doubt Lebron is the best player in the nba. Imagine if he had a better supporting cast they would be unstopable.

EarnedStripes44
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
The Cavs are not over the top, but are definitely headed there, crippling injuries and bad chemistry not withstanding. Mo Williams has been a nice addition to that team and a catalyst of their success the past 2 months. He is a legitimate point guard averaging 16 pts/game who shoots .350 from behind the arc, which permits James to set up offensively without the ball, something up until this year he was unable to do. Delonte West at SG also creates problems because he too is a dead eye shooter from behind the arc hitting just shy of %40 of his shots. Igauskas is even better hitting the 10-15 footer. When Lebron is doubled/tripled/quadrupled in the post, he can kick it out to any of these 3 and record the assist and the shot. The Cavs are not the same as last year and this could very well be there year. Please correct me of I'm wrong but I think they have the best home record in the league.

ProfessorM
01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I can't see Lebron being denied this year from what I have seen but I still like our chances too. I think all the teams we beat last year are better this year and I am not ready to make that assumption with the Celts quite yet. A lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

Mr. Krinkle
01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
It is bizarre to say the least! I think they had it on cruise-control the first 30 games and now teams are out to get them while having more time to develop chemistry. They do need to do something soon. The Cavs are really solid.

EarnedStripes44
01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I think they had it on cruise-control the first 30 games and now teams are out to get them while having more time to develop chemistry.

They looked good last night against Phoenix. Holding Amare Stoudamire to 0-7 was impressive. Phoenix is one of the best offensive teams in the league. We had a 30 pt lead at the end of 3 quarter.

The Cavs are really solid.

LeBron is solid. For all practical purposes he is singlehandedly carrying that team. Nobody else is a star on that team. Mo Williams is a great supporting player and an even better perimeter shooter but he is not a star. Igauskas is injured, but he might be over the hill anyway. Ben is there strictly for defensive purposes. He's not the same Big Ben we remember from the Pistons. So much for the Cavs depends on LeBron James. His offensive prowess embodies all the strengths of the team. On the flip side, you stop LeBron, you stop the Cavs. The Lakers did a helluva a job putting the breaks on him last night.

The Lakers look solid. Kobe had 14 assist against Cavs last night. Paul Gasol tenacity is shining like his blossoming 15 foot jump shot. I think the Lakers could take it this year, but I would not right off the C's. We can beat the Cavs and the Magic. The Magic have a terrible backcourt, defensively.

EarnedStripes44
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Thats another win against an Eastern Conference playoff caliber team. We were rolling all cylinders last night against Miami; perimeter shooting, mid range and importantly, Rondo attacked the basket. It was great to see our offense flexing in response to Heat's defensive sets. Tonight is a big game. Although Orlando has mediocre backcourt, Dwight Howard is probably the best center in the NBA right now, at least offhand. He is truly the rock of that team, or rather a boulder. After all, they beat the Lakers.