View Full Version : first protypes

eskimo
01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
This was my first batch, moved on quite a bit.
most are one offs, all weighted differently for testing.

The pencils need to be tail weighted more, I would like them to sit more at a angle when there's no retrieve. Belly hook on the popper is too far forward, I messed up my first couple of popper mouths and i cut this back more. Danny's are MikeCC kits (should have left them blind :rollem:)

Painted just to get use to having a airbrush (all the kits I've made in the past were rattle cans).

Colors: Just random to get the idea of the difficulty between different patterns, as well as lack of color choices due to just beginning.

All criticism welcomed! :lurk:

stripercrazy
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
there looking good to me:kewl:

Raven
01-08-2009, 02:56 PM
your rocking the KAZBAR man

artist.... all the way

are you coming to plugfest? you should !!!!

ProfessorM
01-08-2009, 03:07 PM
all look good. Now you need to start experimenting on which colors go over and under each other giving you blended and muted results and all the cool colors you can mix to get unique colors. Just remember to write down the amounts as you will find some nice color and go to do it 2 weeks later and completely forget how the hell you did it.

numbskull
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Impressive way to start

fishbones
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Nice stuff, there. I think your wonderbread paint job looks great!

eskimo
01-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks a bunch for the comments.

Making a bunch of kits definitely helped me figure out some things before committing and buying a lathe along with a million other things that I didn't realize I needed until it was too late. :hs:

I remember buying Cape Cod Tackle kits and first thing I would do is open it up to smell the cedar. Now I feel like a human pencil.

eskimo
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
are you coming to plugfest? you should !!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Raven,
I'm definitely planning on it.
It will be my first.

eskimo
01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
all look good. Now you need to start experimenting on which colors go over and under each other giving you blended and muted results and all the cool colors you can mix to get unique colors. Just remember to write down the amounts as you will find some nice color and go to do it 2 weeks later and completely forget how the hell you did it.

Professor,

thanks for the good advice once again, I'm still a little disappointed in my airbrush. I purchased just a basic badger 350 and have nothing to compare it too but I don't really like the way it always splatters. I've tried thinning and changing my psi along with several other tips I've found while searching and it just seems to do what it wants.

I will keep at, see if I find a sweet spot with it.

Slipknot
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
are you coming to plugfest? you should !!!!

Thanks Raven,
I'm definitely planning on it.
It will be my first.[/QUOTE]

Those look great for a an experienced person let alone your first batch :uhuh:

I will bring my duplicator to plugfest and i'm sure the Professor will bring his caddilac version also.

eskimo
01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Impressive way to start

Thanks Numbskull,

definitely a fan of your stuff.

redneck24
01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
looking good! :)

BIG TIM
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice stuff! Keep up the great work... :)

Lower
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Nice stuff! Watch out for these guys at plugfest...you'll get in your car at the end of the day and wonder what happened to all those nice plugs you made!

transitdynamics
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Looking good dude, now just need that duplicator...

jake
01-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Very nice!! I like the colors patterns.

chugbugger
01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
they look awesome! id catch some blues with those. :jump: