View Full Version : Weekend Plans ??

JohnR
01-16-2009, 08:48 AM
What's up for the (Bleeping Cold) weekend?

Mebbe a little football watching, some Pinewood Derby Car building

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET GRAPHITE with MOLYBENDUM locally?

Work, work, work. Dream about a little fishing courtesy of McKenna's Rigged Eel presentation last night at the Newport Club :kewl:

So what's up for the weekend?

RIROCKHOUND
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Study. :-(
then at 3p Sunday... GO EAGLES!

The Dad Fisherman
01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Smelt Fishing tonight into the wee hours of morning....take a nap then drive home.

Tommorrow hopefully smelt fry at the house and maybe a movie with the kids.

Sunday Footvball games and maybe a little time spinnimng wood....got some pluggage to make.

Graphite can be bought at any H/W store...pretty sure Homies has it and i think you may actually be able to find it at AC Moore,

I'll send you a (Very Long Winded) PM with a few tips and tricks.

Tattoo
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
"ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET GRAPHITE with MOLYBENDUM locally?"

Seems like you've done the same web searches I have in the last few weeks. If you find it, please let me know. The race is the 31st so we have some time.

Cool thing his pack does is have an adult race to let the parents have some fun. I found my trophy winning car (fastest car) from 1986 and I'll be entering that and bringing the trophy along as well. The kids should get a kick out of seeing a car 20+ years old.

fishaholic18
01-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Nothing at all........
Well...maybe a little Football....:tooth:

bassballer
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
staying out of the cold, drinking some beer, watching some football. Bout sums up my weekend.

The Dad Fisherman
01-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Cool thing his pack does is have an adult race to let the parents have some fun.

Best thing you can do....also calms down the Competitive edge a little so they behave during the kids race.

We used to do the same...we'd get together the night before and setup the track, drink a few beers and have an adults only race. Always a Good Time.

Fisherwoman
01-16-2009, 10:05 AM
GO Steelers Go Steeler!!!! Can't wait to see them kick some butt again!!!:love:

Starfish
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Hanging with my two little boys...the big one went snowmobiling for a 3 day weekend in minus temps in ME. A little me time today then Sunday is my cousins bday party, football and beer!!

The Iceman 6
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Hockey tomorrow with my daughters. Maybe some pond hockey throughout the weekend, get a nice fire going, some football watching, and some wings and beers. Monday off! Rinse and Repeat.

Swimmer
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Work:deadhorse:........................

But since smoking dope is legal now work is a much happier place.:smokin:

Pete F.
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I think I might stay out of the cold
http://www.striped-bass.com/weather/hw3.php?config=&forecast=zandh&pands=05769
At least until it gets as warm as it is there in RI

vineyardblues
01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Watching Football
A 50th B-day tomorrow
And Ice fishing and just a few :gu:

VB

Rappin Mikey
01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I promised my wife I'd stay off of the ice this weekend, but I forgot I got Monday off. So technically the weekend is over Sunday at 12:00 PM.:devil2:

RickBomba
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Hanging round the house...got plans for the next 6 weekends (lookout New England winter sports).
I think I may call Mikey and try some drunken rapping.:eyes:

BrianS
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Battlestar Premeire tonight

tomorrow - driving to philly. (gonna stop at a friends house and go for vietnamese)
sunday - driving from philly to beaufort south carolina
monday - driving from beaufort to myrtle beach

where i stay with my inlaws until Tuesday - when i fly home

ThomCat
01-16-2009, 02:50 PM
SHIVERING!!....Winter, me no likey:splat::fury::hidin:

JohnR
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
"ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET GRAPHITE with MOLYBENDUM locally?"

Just picked up the last one at Rays Hobby in RI - while it was changing ownership.

Battlestar Premeire tonight
About Frackin' time

Sea Dangles
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Do a search on Pinewood tips. The real key to victory is putting the nails(axles) in a dremel or rotozip and hitting them with 1500 grit sandpaper til they shine. Any auto body place will give you a piece for free.I wrapped a popsicle stick with the sandpaper and held it to the axle. I also got a small file to get the burrs off the underside of the nail head before sanding. Make sure you douse the wheels with Hobby lube before racing and allow approx 1/8 " of clearance between wheels and body.I could also suggest aligning the axles with wax paper so it runs true. Tim still has the grand prize winning car which was painted by the Hab's man.Good Luck.

Circlehook
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Going to buy a new jacket tonight. I might just buy a -30 arctic sleeping bag and cut arm and leg holes in it.

I can't wait till spring.

5/0
01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Good luck Chris,them days were fun.
The Wife & I have a five hr. window to do what ever:uhuh:Saturady do I little ice fishing with my Boy and Westportmafia.
Sunday Church then bring on the football:devil2:

BigFish
01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Nothing at all........
Well...maybe a little Football....:tooth:

Dave.......IN?:eek5:

Work....my weekend starts Monday!

Rocco34520
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Trying to stay warm like everyone else in NE this weekend. Maybe alittle football and maybe a fishing show.

fishaholic18
01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Dave.......IN?:eek5:

Work....my weekend starts Monday!

I'm In......
Watchin' FB on a smaaaal TV...Bastards stole my flat screen:crying:http://img103.exs.cx/img103/1719/angry.gifhttp://img117.echo.cx/img117/4209/smile0109il.gif

Clammer
01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Your welcome here BUD ::: even if I make a Newport trip .for services rendered :lama:

tattoobob
01-16-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm going to try to not go out side tonight and smoke it's to cold

tomorrow, Meet my Helper who is also a auto mechanic, go buy parts for my daughters car (money pit) and drop them off in Salem, (stop and have breakfast), then meet an Electrician friend and get some free long sleeve tee's and sweat shirts with his company's name on them.
Then come home and fix our water filter and service my furnace

Sunday no plans as of yet but I have a craving for some Chinese food

MakoMike
01-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Working. :(

BasicPatrick
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Barrett Jackson Auto Auction on TV and the laptop in my lap

Crafty Angler
01-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Your welcome here BUD ::: even if I make a Newport trip .for services rendered :lama:

Hey Clammer, hope your last trip over the big bridge was a good one...:banano:

I missed your message on my cell, just got a new one and I'm still trying to figure out the functions and didn't get it until Wednesday - I'm still laughing at it...:rotflmao:

Hope it wasn't a waste of tokens for ya...:hihi:

Anyway...for me this weekend, the usual...work...:mad:

Damn, forgot about Barrett Jackson - I guess that'll be my entertainment after work Sat and Sun - hey, it's a lonely life but it's the only one I've got...:doh:

hyefisherman2
01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
bps? some homework and maybe hanging out with Gunpowder :D

saltydog
01-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Meeting the PROFESSOR an BIGFISH at the CANAL, TIPS on ICE FISHING WINTER HOLD-OVERS:kewl:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:btu:
P.S. I might be late, so PLEASE DONT DRILL an HOLES till I get there.

striperman36
01-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Good luck Chris,them days were fun.
The Wife & I have a five hr. window to do what ever:uhuh:Saturady do I little ice fishing with my Boy and Westportmafia.
Sunday Church then bring on the football:devil2:

You mean there are actually people who live in this town that icefish?

RickBomba
01-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Plans have changed...got my hands on some venison tenderloin!!! Cranberry demi with garnet yam hash. What a difference a week makes (although the venison on the ice last week was pretty good)!
Tomorrow, football and short ribs...anybody want to come by???

5/0
01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
You mean there are actually people who live in this town that icefish?

Yup and we brought the deep frier.We cooked on the ice,menu included rippers,frys,orings & of course twinkiees:D
The kids did well,they caught 9 fish, big bass & fat pickeral the weather wasn't bad @ all it was 8 degrees in the mornin and 18 in the afternoon the kids enjoyed themselves.

Thanks Jay for the Ice fishing the kids are already asking to go again.

5/0

striperman36
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I know that pond and it isn't in Mansfield!!!

That's the one issue with icefishing, you certainly consume more calories than you burn.

american spirit
01-17-2009, 07:02 PM
burn chit for the next two days straight. and watch football. :hee:

5/0
01-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I know that pond and it isn't in Mansfield!!!

That's the one issue with icefishing, you certainly consume more calories than you burn.

It was my first time Ice fishing in about 20 years,it was worth the wait.My son had a blast,when the traps were slow the kids messed with the seagulls.They tied an onion ring to a spool of string & tossed it out on the ice,when the seagulls came down to nab it the kids would pull it away from them causing a frenzy of birds scrambling to get it,but somtimes they would get it and try to fly away with it.....Till they yanked it away:jester:

Between the beers & deep frier you got that right....Plenty of time to shed it off 90+ days till Spring:devil2:

striperman36
01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
a few good ponds local to try if you want to do it again I got the gear
hasn't been used in about half that time you waited. Just need to saunter down to the bait shack for those extra large baits.

the point
01-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't forget the cider. :tm:
And Always a treat when you bring the fryer.:thanks:

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Yup and we brought the deep frier.We cooked on the ice,menu included rippers,frys,orings & of course twinkiees:D
The kids did well,they caught 9 fish, big bass & fat pickeral the weather wasn't bad @ all it was 8 degrees in the mornin and 18 in the afternoon the kids enjoyed themselves.

Thanks Jay for the Ice fishing the kids are already asking to go again.

5/0

It was fun watching them catch. I't didn't take them long to catch on. You guys can come down anytime. The more the merrier. The Seagul fishing should be good for a while. LOL. Just let me know when you guys want to head back down.

striperman36
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
It was fun watching them catch. I't didn't take them long to catch on. You guys can come down anytime. The more the merrier. The Seagul fishing should be good for a while. LOL. Just let me know when you guys want to head back down.

You have access to that pond? I hate walking in from the road.

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
You have access to that pond? I hate walking in from the road.

It's one of 2 ponds I fish freshwater. The reason I fish it is because my friend lives on it and has a boat ramp in his yard and you don't need a license. The road is a crappy walk. If you want to give it a shot and not have to walk just shoot me a PM. There is also access from the Westport side if you live in the neighborhood and pay dues. But my other buddy is in charge of collecting dues and maintaining the area.