View Full Version : Willis McGahee

fishaholic18
01-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Hope he's OK..
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e37030&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

BigFish
01-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Dangerous game sometimes. Hope he recovers fully. Hard thing to watch...I always think Darryl Stingley.

PNG
01-19-2009, 09:57 AM
That was a hard hit. When the ball came out and they both went to the ground limp...tough to watch

McGahee - ESPN reported he is neurologically intact

Slipknot
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
I felt bad for the guy, that was a wicked hit like the one he gave Wes Welker.

Stupid friggin Steelers, did you hear the music playing while the guy was laying there on the ground not knowing if his neck is broke or what? :smash::fury: That was Classless and totally inappropriate:hs:
Only Philly would do that also:whackin::doh:

BigFish
01-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Was that McGahee that clocked Welker?? Oh I guess I do not feel quite as bad now! What goes around comes around I guess!! Hope he is ok but I hope this makes him think about the consequences of how and when he hits someone!:1poke:

The Dad Fisherman
01-20-2009, 08:07 AM
It was Clark that Clocked Welker....not MaGahee. And Clark was a little dazed and confused on that hit too..

RIROCKHOUND
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
I felt bad for the guy, that was a wicked hit like the one he gave Wes Welker.

Stupid friggin Steelers, did you hear the music playing while the guy was laying there on the ground not knowing if his neck is broke or what? :smash::fury: That was Classless and totally inappropriate:hs:
Only Philly would do that also:whackin::doh:

The sound guy might have been classless, but I think the Steelers players looked pretty concerned!

McGahee is probably happy that Clark went high, he had a bad hit in college that almost ended his career...

Slipknot
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
The sound guy might have been classless, but I think the Steelers players looked pretty concerned!

yes, very true, it was the sound guy who was braindead I guess
the players and the rest were concerned, I didn't mean to sound like that.

And ya, Clark hit Welker too, I guess I wrote that misleading too

i'll go back to my box making :hidin:

Mike P
01-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I've never seen two guys who get away with as much helmet-to-helmet head hunting as Clark and Dawkins.

And Welker gets fined $10Gs for making snow angels :rollem: :doh:

ProfessorM
01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I too thought he should have been flagged for helmet to helmet. I don't care if he lead with his shoulder the helmet hit his helmet and to me that is a penalty. McGahee has had very bad luck with injuries his whole career starting with that knee injury. . I know it is a violent game but that hit was intent to injure, plain and simple, IMO. He was lucky he didn't permanently injure the guy.

FishnGrega
01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
From what i hear Clark was running his mouth yesterday about the hit he put on McGahee. If Willis was severely injured he wouldn't be barking so much. I hate punks in the NFL. He better keep his head on a swivel next time he plays the Pats and the Ravens, or better yet not suit up bc its coming.

Rocco34520
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I hated him after he hit Welker now i think hes really a punk.

FishnGrega
01-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I hated him after he hit Welker now i think hes really a punk.

I couldn't believe that SOB didn't get fined for hitting Welker. that was completely blatant and obviously late. Its a good thing Welker is 1/2 Gumby.

Mike P
01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I couldn't believe that SOB didn't get fined for hitting Welker. that was completely blatant and obviously late. Its a good thing Welker is 1/2 Gumby.

I think any deliberate hit to the helmet--with your own helmet, shoulder, forearm, whatever--should be illegal and a flag/fine. Too many good players have had their careers cut short by post-concussion syndrome (Hall of Famers like Aikman and Steve Young) and too many others walk around today suffering the permanent effects of it (guys like Harry Carson).

Raven
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
now that's one for the guiness book of records.

Andy D
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree their is no reason to lead with your helmet or shoulder to helmet. That hit put a damper on a good hard hitting game.
I think the refs get caught up in the "let em play" attitude.

afterhours
01-21-2009, 07:34 PM
I've never seen two guys who get away with as much helmet-to-helmet head hunting as Clark and Dawkins.

And Welker gets fined $10Gs for making snow angels :rollem: :doh:

amen.

Mike P
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree their is no reason to lead with your helmet or shoulder to helmet. That hit put a damper on a good hard hitting game.
I think the refs get caught up in the "let em play" attitude.

It's really kind of stupid--they banned the head slap by defensive linemen years ago, but allow safeties to drive their shoulder pads into a receiver's helmet.

But it's typical for the NFL where you can review some bad calls, but not others. :doh:

fumifish
01-21-2009, 09:36 PM
The sound guy might have been classless,

not to beat a dead horse but that music was just awful timing.. not to mention bad taste in music.

i hope Willis gets better and is ok for next season. hes been through a lot this year with injuries and this is not how you want to see someone leave a game/end a season.