View Full Version : So I'm cleaning out the shed this Fall....

BasicPatrick
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Can you see this one coming...Well, let's start from the beginning.

My honey is a true fisherwoman and has fishing stuff in evey corner of the house just like me. So this past September I am cleaning out the shed and stumble upon a bag of...new plugs.

Not just any old plugs but these plugs have some...history to them.

I took some pics so people would see some of the original plugs a certain someone on this site will mention from time to time.

ProfessorM
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I want to say (&%&%$* much but I know better. K plugs are nice, but Big K, I think a little false advertising.

eastendlu
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I want to say (&%&%$* much but I know better. K plugs are nice, but Big K, I think a little false advertising.

The man has a big heart.:wave:

ProfessorM
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
that he does. the rest is kind of smallish, but not down in my neck of the woods smallish.

Crafty Angler
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Real nice needles, Karl - :kewl: - that olive/gold/cream looks killer

Are they floaters or sinkers?

Maybe I shouldn't ask - I always remember what Habs used to say when somebody asked him that -

'Hey, I produced a nice floater this morning'

...:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:...:rotflmao:

Slipknot
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
I still call you Big K

justplugit
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
The man has a big heart.:wave:

That and thee best needle I'm privileged to have. :hihi:

ProfessorM
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Big K it is . . Just looking for a snicker or two. Bad attempt at humor. I remember you showing those needles a few years back and where they were going. Your heart is bigger than your girth.

gone fishin
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Big K is most generous and takes care of the future liars! Karl I think we should help Patrick clean out the sheds.:uhuh:

BasicPatrick
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Good Lord Patrick :o...tell Wendy to give them back to the grandkids...:hihi:

lump in my throat readin' the card...Mr. Bill.... miss that guy a LOT...
gone too soon....

Big K...

The kids only fish with grammy & me. They're rods are here and they really never had their own bags etc. they're stuff is mixed in with Wendy's. I took Andrew (diane's son) out for his first schoolies and even a double this past Septamber. I even got it on video...pretty cool.

One of those is hanging over the mantle with a very few other "preserved" items. The others are in the rotation (Wendy and I have joined our tackle=getitng serious). I don't think either of us has thrown any of the needles. You gonna have to show me when and where.

I have fished the Danny plug you gave us and the yellow has produced. I still think that olive creme or whatever it is is going to get smoked one day.:humpty:

I really did post this because I thought you would get a kick out of the labels.

O.S.C.
We'd Rather Be Fishing

Crafty Angler
01-22-2009, 05:55 AM
those would sink.... big tail weight and a slug in the belly near the eye... made out of beech, courtesy of Mr. Bill...but, like any good arse heavy needle, they will come right to the top if you give them a rip..

I was curious - there's a local guy who does make floaters... not finished like most commercially available stuff now... a few shops have them or you can get 'em out of his trunk - and they're as ugly as home made shoes, but boy do they work...

The water where I like to fish the most is pretty bony, as are most of the places here on the Island...every time I snap a Habs on I say a little prayer - but John made 'em to fish so that's what I do with 'em -

I've got a couple old 1.5 oz Habs warhorses I'm gonna be cussing over when I lose them - one eel, one blurple...:hs:

Tagger
01-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Nice Karl ... I remember you making all those lures for the kiddies . Your a Big K in my book ,..