View Full Version : Triumph 210???

Bob Senior
12-23-2002, 07:28 PM
I have about $25,000 with which to buy a boat. The Triumph 210 is a 21-foot CC with lots of storage and many amenities that I like. I'll be trailering it between the Cape and Watch Hill. The boat is light and very trailerable.

Anyone have any experience with this boat or other roplene-made boats? Can they be patched if necessary? Do they hold up?

Anyone have suggestions for other boat brands in the 18 to 20 foot CC area? :confused:

Goose
12-23-2002, 09:00 PM
I've seen the 21' Triumph many times this year at the ramp.....that's a dynamite lookin hull (I love the patriot colors to). I've been looking and doing some research on boats to compare with Seaswirl CC 1851. Seaswirl also makes a 21'CC, its worth checking out if ya haven't already.

Clammer
12-23-2002, 10:09 PM
I,ll let you know shortly////////////////////////

:eek: :eek: :eek:

12-24-2002, 08:15 AM
I haven't heard or seen much on the Triumph, I'd suggest going to www.thehulltruth.com, and posting a question on it. There is a vast knowledge on boats and boating in there. When I was looking at 20-21' boats the Scout and HydraSport were my final two choices. With advice I received from the above website, I went with the Scout.

Bob Senior
12-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Great suggestion, 179. I found a website dedicated to Triumph boats. Thanks.

striperjerk1
12-24-2002, 03:59 PM
on ship-shape tv, sunday they had an article from start to finish on that same boat.might have a rerun on it, you never know.

12-26-2002, 04:49 PM
Bob,
I'm glad the site helped you, good luck with your new boat whichever brand / model you decide on.

Bob Senior
12-26-2002, 08:25 PM
179:

How do you like your Scout? Where is a dealer in the area?

Bob Senior
12-26-2002, 10:35 PM
Hey Clamdigger:

This thing won't let me send you a PM and your email address won't work.

Anyway, I'm sure she made it with flying colors. :happy:

Bob Senior

fishsmith
12-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Your in a nice situation Bob Senior, I really like Privateer boats, here's a link to there 20 footers:
http://www.privateerboats.com/2000.htm

My buddy's got a 21 w/a cuddy on a tandem trailer, the boat is very seaworthy and he pulls it with a 4cyl Toyota.

Good Luck.

12-27-2002, 08:34 AM
Bob,
I love my Scout, I did alot of research on it before I purchased and all I heard was good things. J.D. Powers just ranked it second for the 2nd straight year right behind Grady and in front of Whaler. The boat has a superb fit and finish, and quality materials are used throughout it. The boat handles exceptionally well for a 20' model, and the layout it great.

The boat was purchased from Viking Marine in Portsmouth, RI the owners name is Scott, and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. His tel: (401) 682-2339, last time I was there he had a leftover 2002 boat identicle to mine for a discounted price.

Here is a quick pic..

JohnR
12-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Bob - the local Scout dealer is Viking Marine in Portsmouth... www.vikingmarineinc.com .

I don't know the owner personally but a few people I know say that he is the best guy out there to do work with on a boat...

And the Scouts have a good rep...

Bob Senior
12-27-2002, 04:51 PM
I've been checking them out and the 202 seems like a great machine. Viking has a leftover, too. That might just be the one.

Clammer
12-27-2002, 06:35 PM
bob, when I was looking for a boat/ I checked that one out,my wife & i spent over a hour there , nice guy , nice boat, but it seemed like alot of money for a 20 footer,plus the two stern seats seem to be setup in a arkward position//

have you checked out the Sea Hunt Line, they have a web site & Inland Marine crries them///

Good luck,MIke

Bob Senior
12-28-2002, 07:21 PM
At last year's Prov. boat show I saw the Sea Hunts and liked them a lot. I found they were finished better (inside edges of things sanded and smooth, hatch covers gel coated both inside and outside, better waterproofing of "waterproof" lockers and things) than the so-called good boats like Grady White, Edgewater, and Parkers, etc. I was impressed with them.

I agree, though, that the Scout 204 seems like a lot of money ($31,500 for a 2002 marked down from $33,500) for a 20-footer. Actually, it's less than 20-feet as I remember. But, it has a Suzuki 140 4-stroke, a t-top and a Loadrite. The 21-foot Triumph with the same setup is a little over $24,000.

Are Aquasports the bottom of the line in terms of quality? The prices on them are really good--the lowest I've seen for what sound like nice machines. Especially the 20- and 21-foot Ospreys (sort of one-half bay boats and one-half open water boats.)

I'll check out the Sea Hunts again, though.

The Providence show is in less than two weeks, so I'll get a chance to view a lot of machines. The Hartford is shortly thereafter, I believe. Also, there's a nice, used (2000) Lema 19 at Ram Point with a t-top, big Merc, trailer for $19,900.

It all makes me wish there was just one make of boat, and we all had to get that one or nothing!!!

Clammer
12-28-2002, 09:12 PM
Bob somethings up with that Lima , that was there when I started looking in august//

My new boat will be in the water within two weeks
had some custom work done on it ,nows its in fall river getting dressed///
your more than welcome to come up for a serious test ride whens shes in///////////////////

Team Rock On
12-29-2002, 07:28 AM
Why wait, the NY boat show is already in progress. A good chance to throw some numbers around before getting serious.

12-30-2002, 08:36 AM
Bob,
Hey go to the Boat Show and look at as many boats as you can in the price range you can afford, then go to boattrader and other sources to check out how they are holding their value. At the price you pay for a new boat, you need to consider it an investment and treat it like one. The better tier boats will hold their value much better, hell some are actually increasing in value.