View Full Version : Best place to buy seafood near gansett

cheferson
01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for a good retail seafood market near gansett?? Every place i go the seafood is disgusting. I went to the place accross from georges last week, soon as you walk in it smells of amonnia. The mussels on display are all open, fish has that dry tacky look, clams are open:yak5::yak5:.

Nebe
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
wakefield fish market has never done me wrong.

RIROCKHOUND
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
What do you need?
I usually try and buy bugs right off the boat down at the docks...
fish and shellfish are a bit harder to get.
I echo E, Wakefield is good, but pricy. If you run over the bridge, Long Wharf usually does pretty good...

cheferson
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Looking for some good fish/scallops . I can get an amazing selection of oysters and good mussels. But all the fish ive seen around sucks.Yeah, if i went over the bridge id go to anthonys. Thanks, ill try the wakefield shop.

Swimmer
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
In Taunton once a week a guy shows up to sell seafood, last time wife and I went to buy he was on School Street, and sells seafood from the back of an older Ford pickup truck with a beefed up suspension. Everybody from Morton hospital would drive to where he was on thier breaks to buy stuff from him. This guy had everything in the truck. He was part of a group of three or four guys who hit different towns on different days. I know you are manily talking about the R.I. area but this guy I believe sold very close to R.I. Everything was right off the boat every morning. He had a state peddlars license and it was all legit. I could asked my wife if he still comes around and see if he sells near you. We ate everything he sold at one time or another and it was very fresh. And believe my wife doesn't eat anything regardless of what it might cost if it isn't right after buying.

cheferson
01-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Let me know swimmer.

Thanks

MakoMike
01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Have you tried Ferry wharf right next to the BI ferry? He supplies a lot of resturants. I agree that Champlains leaves a lot to be desired for fin fish.

cheferson
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Have you tried Ferry wharf right next to the BI ferry? He supplies a lot of resturants. I agree that Champlains leaves a lot to be desired for fin fish.

Not yet , ill look there too , thanks