View Full Version : NOAA proposals

MakoMike
01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
In a recent Fed Register notice of proposed rule making NOAA fisheries has proposed closing all fishing for winter flounder, extending the closed cod season in the GOM to April 15th and imposing a ten fishin limit on cod for fishermen everywhere including George's bank and south of cape cod.

RIROCKHOUND
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
In a recent Fed Register notice of proposed rule making NOAA fisheries has proposed closing all fishing for winter flounder, extending the closed cod season in the GOM to April 15th and imposing a ten fishin limit on cod for fishermen everywhere including George's bank and south of cape cod.

FB was telling me about that last night at the Tautog AP meeting. :realmad:

JohnnyD
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Isn't the GOM one of the few places where cod stocks have been increasing?

Nebe
01-23-2009, 03:17 PM
within 10 years we will see totally closed MPA's in new england. Mark my words.

MakoMike
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I should have said close all flounder fishing south of the cape. Cod stocks are increasing everywhere, but not fast enough to suit the fishcrats.

clambelly
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
within 10 years we will see totally closed MPA's in new england. Mark my words.

umm...i think with the new administration in the white house, you could probably say that before the end of this 4 year term you will have MPA's off the east coast.

Green Light
01-25-2009, 08:23 AM
I hope the change the new admistration brings will be applied in a maner that make scientific sense and not just business sense for the big fishing companies.

I need to stop. My blood pressure is rising.