View Full Version : Biggest problem in Society today

Mr. Krinkle
01-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Personal Accountability

That's my opinion, I would love to hear some others.

Nebe
01-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Bush Rove and Chaney sure lacked it. :heybaby:

Slipknot
01-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Honesty
Integrity
morals in general

and you are right, personal accountability is a huge problem, everyone always has to blame everything on someone else :hs:

The Dad Fisherman
01-26-2009, 10:08 AM
That...and Entitlement. Everybody feels they are entitled.......Rules and Laws are for Other people...not them.

Joe
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Lack of employment opportunities.

fishbones
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
That...and Entitlement. Everybody feels they are entitled.......Rules and Laws are for Other people...not them.

Well put.

Mr. Krinkle
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Yes...ENTITLEMENT...that is a good one.

RIJIMMY
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
I agree with entitlement and accountability.

And since this is the political forum, which party ran almost soley on the premise of entitlement?

The Dad Fisherman
01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Let me Guess....the one that wasn't the one that had no Accountability for 8 years

Bronko
01-26-2009, 10:57 AM
HYPOCRISY

justplugit
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Self centeredness.

RIJIMMY
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Let me Guess....the one that wasn't the one that had no Accountability for 8 years

How do you figure that? Who in charge has claimed not to be accountable for their actions? Your democratic congress had a ton of promises and delivered on none, and their interpretation of accountability was to blame Bush. Need we rehas how many voter FOR the war, how many were behind Fannie/Freddie? Remember they have THE LOWEST APPROVAL RATING OF ALL TIME, now that Georgie is not around.

The entire Dem debates and campaign promises were an orgy or entitlement.
- education
- health care
- jobs

PaulS
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Lack of compassion for anyone different or less fortunate.

The Dad Fisherman
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
You are So easy...:hihi:

How do you figure that? Who in charge has claimed not to be accountable for their actions? Your democratic congress had a ton of promises and delivered on none, and their interpretation of accountability was to blame Bush. Need we rehas how many voter FOR the war, how many were behind Fannie/Freddie? Remember they have THE LOWEST APPROVAL RATING OF ALL TIME, now that Georgie is not around.

The entire Dem debates and campaign promises were an orgy or entitlement.
- education
- health care
- jobs

Joe
01-26-2009, 11:56 AM
60% of the electorate cited "jobs/economy" as the the most important issue.
The "out of touch" tag did a number on a lot of canidates.

EarnedStripes44
01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Lack of compassion for anyone different or less fortunate.

I complained my shoes hurts, till I met I man with no feet

Bocephus
01-26-2009, 02:31 PM
lack of common sense

JohnnyD
01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
I have to say Accountability and Entitlement have to take the cake. With regards to the former, I think of the parents that let their kids do whatever they want and then blame society or video games, etc for their own kids behavior.

I'd also have to add in Regard. Regard for others. Perfect example: About 75% of drivers on the road.

RIJIMMY
01-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I have to say Accountability and Entitlement have to take the cake. With regards to the former, I think of the parents that let their kids do whatever they want and then blame society or video games, etc for their own kids behavior.

I'd also have to add in Regard. Regard for others. Perfect example: About 75% of drivers on the road.

We've become a weird society where things are becoming very impersonal. I moved back here from CA becasue I never saw kids playing outside, since I've been back, I hardly see kids playing outside here. Partially, its fear, I dont want my kids taken, when I was in first grade I used to walk alone 1/4 mile to my best friends house and my parents were strict! Perhaps thats one good thing about the economy, we'll all be in the soup lines togtgher........:devil2:

JohnnyD
01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
We've become a weird society where things are becoming very impersonal. I moved back here from CA becasue I never saw kids playing outside, since I've been back, I hardly see kids playing outside here. Partially, its fear, I dont want my kids taken, when I was in first grade I used to walk alone 1/4 mile to my best friends house and my parents were strict! Perhaps thats one good thing about the economy, we'll all be in the soup lines togtgher........:devil2:

I hear you. It is amazing how quickly things have changed. But the one thing that absolutely drives me insane is a parent's lack of accountability for their own children. Child acts up in school, must be the schools fault. Child caught stealing, the store should use more secure measures. Child kills someone, the violence in video games and on tv is was drove him (or them)to do it.

I am in favor of some states that are enacting laws that hold parents responsible for some of the crimes their children commit.

likwid
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Lack of employment opportunities.

Good case of "entitlement" again.

Adapt or die.

Goose
01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
morals...no shock falue

spence
01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
HYPOCRISY
I think Bronko summed up things pretty well, and this applied to all parties involved.

-spence