View Full Version : NHL Allstar game

FishermanTim
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Come on, 11-11 and a shoot out win?
Unless the game means something, it's not that interesting.
Seriously, does anyone really care who won?

eskimo
01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't really matter to me but I always hope the east wins. The score shows that they are just messing around, no physical play and definitely no fighting. No block shots. They let there opponents enter the zone and sit back and give them a chance to shoot on goal.

Not a single one of them would risk getting hurt in all stars and jeopardize their regular season.

They could change that quickly by changing the rules and saying the winning conference gets two points for each team and losing team gets the 1 point.

beaver
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I think it is still pretty fun to watch. Granted there is no physical play, there are a lot of good goals which make up for it. If every game was like that then I'd be pissed, but once a year, a gathering of the leagues best players is fun to watch. I'm a little upset Thomas didn't get the MVP, but I figured they would give it to a Canadien.

The skills comp is pretty entertaining as well.

BigFish
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Yawn.:yawn:

HABSJR
01-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Yawn.:yawn:

Hey Larry, hockey make you yawn? haha

BigFish
01-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Just the hockey of today John! I was an avid hockey fan back in my youth watching Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins....guess I was spoiled, cause' players and the game today cannot compare to the talent of players and the way the game was played back in the day!

afterhours
01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
larry- give this edition of the B's a shot....there's a little old school there :happy:. i think everyone listens to #8.

leo33
01-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Big fish watch a couple of games when Lucic is back and i think you will see some Big Bad Bruins.

ProfessorM
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Lawrence if you are not watching the B's this year you are missing something good. I have not been a fan of the recent years but I am back to watching this brand of hockey they are playing. Give it a look. all in all Allstar games are boring and I hardly ever watch any sport's all star games they are all the same, a show, and not what the sport is all about.