View Full Version : PETA has finally lost their minds

Sweetwater
01-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I debated as to whether I should bother sharing this website (see below) since it is so totally bizarre and ridiculous. It is common in the world we live in for people with a particular agenda to try to control how others think and behave by co-opting the language and the words we use. This has given rise to the whole “political correctness” problem. But PETA has taken this approach to all new levels, and now wants to convince our children that fish are just like furry little pets that like to cuddle and should be called “sea kittens.” ("Nobody would hurt a sea kitten" they say.)

They also equate fish intelligence to that of cats and dogs. “Sea kittens are just as intelligent (not to mention adorable) as dogs and cats, and they feel pain just as all animals do.”

I guess it’s good to be informed, that way we know what kind of whackos we’re up against.

(Thanks to Jim A. for bringing this to my attention).

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/index.asp

striperman36
01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I also understand that when you remove a plant from the soil or a fruit from a tree it also feels pain

Vogt
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh my god. Some of the most rediculous crap Ive ever read.....

JohnnyD
01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
"finally lost their minds"?!? Like those nut-jobs were ever working with a full deck.

basswipe
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I also understand that when you remove a plant from the soil or a fruit from a tree it also feels pain

You've never heard your lawn scream when you cut it?

Screaming grass is a very bizarre sound to say the least.I'm never cutting my lawn again.

numbskull
01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Ye Gads! Think what the wife will say when you tell her you're heading out tonight to find some pussycat.

spence
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Funny, most people think that's just the sound a 2-stroke engine makes normally.

-spence

MakoMike
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
You think that's bad. try this one: http://www.saveourcatsfromfishermen.com/
Obviously a phony video, but how many people will believe it anyway?

afterhours
01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
total wackjobs :splat:

Gunpowder
01-26-2009, 07:24 PM

Screaming grass is a very bizarre sound to say the least.I'm never cutting my lawn again.

lmao!!! :rotfl:

MarshCappa
01-26-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't even know what to say about those sites? Sea Kitten? What about live lining kittens? Is that real? What am I seeing?

Van
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Last month's Sportfishing magazine bashed them really good.
It was hilarious.

They actually say that fish rub against "caress" each other for comfort and social contact or something..

Oh........they forgot to mention that the cute little "sea kittens" have rows of sharp nasty TEETH to eat other kittens.

Man they are freakin retards.

HABSJR
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope it is just sick prank not real thing. Some people dont have heart or any respect for animals. Also sometime people make it look real trying to make other people believe what they see.

Mike P
01-26-2009, 09:03 PM
You guys should know that PETA is just the tip of the iceberg. There are just as radical organizations that don't engage in over-the-top nonsense, and hide behind respectable sounding names like "Humane Society of the United States". PETA is kind of like their "useful idiots". They bear the brunt of public ridicule, and these other organizations appear to be reasonable, and have rational people in their ranks--all the while having just as radical an agenda. Which includes the elimination of hunting and fishing, the elimination of zoos, aquariums, circuses and so on, and ultimately, the elimination of pet ownership.

And by the way---you might want to re-think posting videos like that---animal rights nuts do lurk around websites like this, and post links to threads like this on their message boards to "prove" how bloodthirsty fishermen are--"look, they're using cats for bait". Youy can post all the disclaimers you want, and it'll do no good that most of us are condemning the video--these nuts see what they want to see.

johnny ducketts
01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
"And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?" .... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

canalbeach
01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I often wonder how many of those fruitcakes are wearing leather soled shoes and leather belts. Please gimme the chance to confront just one of em. Would a PETA ear make good bait????

Saltheart
01-27-2009, 01:01 AM

Obviously pulling a plant from the soil causes pain but removing its fruit is like sowing its seeds and I enjoy sowing my seeds so maybe the plants get off on someone picking their friut? :as:

fishbones
01-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Think of all the extra time you'll now have to go fishing.

BassDawg
01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
did YOU say finally????????

targetting children with animation and misinformation/half-truths about a species and demeaning a form of recreation that teaches conservation and respect for the environment, the species, others, while promoting a positve way to interract with nature, fish, and humanity has brought them to an ALLTIME low, imho.

those nuttzjobbz have been GONZO for
many, many years. although this TIME it appears
they've fallen OFF of the Mountain of Idiocy.

just fired off an edited response from their
"Sea Kittens" page form letter :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

prolly in their "sights" now,,,,,,,,,,,,,
what a bunch of deluxe sized douchebags!!
ya talk about yer Grand Collection of Coconuts.
and they have megabucks at their disposal
to support their fraudulent liberal bafoonery,,,,,,,,,
:bl: :bl: :bl: :bl:

if there was ANY organization that truly should
go belly-up, in these harsh economic straits,
these yeahoos would be at the top of my list!!

FlyMag
01-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree but they do make great commercials! this one was rejected by NBC - they wanted to air it during the SB.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/27/petas-veggie-sex-super-bo_n_161180.html

Medic6973
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
These people are out of their damn minds. "Sea Kittens"? You have to f'n kidding me.

maddmatt
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
correct me if i'm wrong

i think one of the guy's in obama's cabinet is or was on petas board of directors

Raven
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
getting the cat pregnant right away

Adam_777
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Sad a parent would promote the propaganda to their own child.I'd like to see them lose power for a couple of weeks and try and survive in nature.They would re thinking the entire process or die trying to figure it out.
As far as kittens for bait? Disgusts me and I never cared much for cats.I'm thinking that is hoax for people to make $$.However I will still live line pogeys until the day I die.If I don't do it the blues will eat the back half and waste the front.I'm doing my part in completing the circle.I'm not selling that in ads aimed at children.

Raven
01-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Hold still sea kitten so i can bwush you !

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/SeaKitten.png

Adam_777
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM

LMFAO When you look at it that way.....They are some serious nutjobs! Thanks for the laugh !:bl:

Gary
01-27-2009, 06:22 PM
PETA, Doesnt that stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?:alien:

Sweetwater
01-27-2009, 06:30 PM

Raven, that picture is hilarious. Did you photoshop that yourself?

johnny ducketts
01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
I want to start an eat the sea kitten petition

johnny ducketts
01-27-2009, 08:43 PM
:huh:

JohnnyD
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Raven, that picture is hilarious. Did you photoshop that yourself?

Raven is the resident master of Photoshop hilarity.

Tagger
01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
They love the kitten angle .. Kittens in traps change the trapping laws .. Do kittens eat eachother ? fish do .. A more realistic kiddie book would be the blue fish kitten biting bloody chunks out of the other kitten fish .. And all the kitten fish died and were eaten happily ever after .. good night kiddies .

Raven
01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
yeah sweetwater, i thought it was a good art project....for today

Plum Crazy
01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Ha ha Penn and Tellar on PETA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY
Waaay too long to watch the whole thing but you get the idea quick.

Rockport24
01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
I joined Peta for the chicks!

Raven
01-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I joined Peta for the chicks!

Striped bass fishing is a drug

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/Nancy.png

The Dad Fisherman
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Sorry Matt but 2 words....ska ank....:yak:

She's used up more rockers than an old lady's ass in a nursing home...

BassDawg
01-28-2009, 10:51 AM
seen the P&T piece before; PRICELESS!!!

hey RCKPRT24, check out where
the papparazzi's eyes are focused!!
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

YUP!!
she's about as DIM as they come!!
prolly getting a FATTY paycheck from Ingird.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Plum Crazy
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
You guys will like this one
PETA commercial banned from superbowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJiIXn87BQ

BassDawg
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Striped bass fishing is a drug

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/Nancy.png

BEST pharmaceuticals in NE!!
cool phoshoppin', Raven,,,,,,,
:bl: :bl: :bl: :bl:

BassDawg
01-28-2009, 10:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJiIXn87BQ

THOSE po, PO, POOR
li'l defenseless veggies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OOOOOH

the humanity!!! OHHHH the OOOOO's!!
thanks, PCrazy,,,,,,,,twisted stuff ~that PETA spew!!
:kewl: :kewl: :kewl:

Rockport24
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry Matt but 2 words....ska ank....:yak:

She's used up more rockers than an old lady's ass in a nursing home...

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Crafty Angler
01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
That sho' is one skanky photo of Pam...

Damn, looks like some of her plastic parts are starting to come loose...:shocked:

basswipe
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Think of all the extra time you'll now have to go fishing.

Holy %$%$%$%$!!!

YES!!!.............Thanks PETA,screaming grass=more fishing!Best get to sharpening those hooks before Spring!

Raven
01-29-2009, 06:10 AM
i didn't see any cucumbers :huh:

Tagger
01-29-2009, 08:47 AM
i didn't see any cucumbers :huh:

sorry no cucumbers ..will zuccini do ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NH5-YhGT-k

Plum Crazy
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Wow they sure have a whole lot of BANNED commercials.
I am glad to see them throwing their money away.
Somebody out there is thinking clearly.
In the meantime we have lots of fishing shows to watch.
Someone told me this story of a PETA guy coming over to him while he was fishing the lake.
He was doing pretty good using shiners.
PETA guy tells him the only reason he was catching the fish is because the bass was trying to help his friend "the shiner" off the hook.
I woulda died laughing. Either that or kicked him and ran like hell.:btu:

Raven
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM

a plant has to have a nervous system which they do not

they are just alive as anything else However

But what the Peta fools don't seem to realize is that
life forms eating life forms happens with in their own bodies as
certain cells consume other cells or else they'd all die.
and
If it ever came down to solent green wafers the Peta people
would be the first ones to be thrown into the giant crock pot.

The Dad Fisherman
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
and If it ever came down to soylent green wafers the Peta people
would be the first ones to be thrown into the giant crock pot.

Would that make me a Vegetarian?

Or maybe I could REALLY piss them off and put a nice big slice of Spam between 2 of them. :hee:

Tagger
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Peta members use to be all 26 yr. old females from like Brookline . They seem to be recruiting alot of males .. Sex sells .. They have alot of hotty members .. Pamela Anderson .. Jenna Jameson ..,, Alot of young topless protesters in Naked fur campange all over the world .. Certainly gets your attention .. This "Banned" Super Bowl commercial is all over the Web and on the news .. So I guess it was succesful .. We're all talking about it .. They ain't so dumb..

MakoMike
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
That ad was dumb like a fox. They got a load of publicity out of it and didn't have to pay NBC the million $ to air it!

Bocephus
01-29-2009, 04:02 PM
anyone ever see the documentary on the woman who started PETA?? Crazy stuff, they had an undercover dude in a turkey factory taking video of whatever, and the guy had managed to sneak a turkey out of the building. of course he says that it escaped to the parking lot and what he was doing was legal. Anyways they rush this turkey to the PETA center, put it in a room of fluffy pillows, candles, and soft music. I laughed so hard, nearly peed myself cuz of the What the F*** look on the turkey's face. I think it was an HBO thing, check it out I commend them for sticking up for animals, but they are just retarded now and nobody takes them seriously..... cept for bimbo's and hippies.

BassDawg
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
............I commend them for sticking up for animals, but they are just retarded now and nobody takes them seriously........cept for bimbo's and hippies.

that is sum funnnnny sheet!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

spence
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I think that's actually a pretty good commercial considering the context :huh:

-spence

Raven
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
i think the vegetables were sexually assaulted in that video.:fury: