View Full Version : MSBA 700th MTG Cancelled & New Date Announced

BasicPatrick
01-27-2009, 11:35 AM
To all MSBA Members & Friends;

After a review of the predicted winter storm and considering both public safety and the amount of parking needed for an event of this type, MSBA President Bill Prodouz has made the decision to cancel the MSBA 700th Meeting Celebration set for tomorrow, Wednesday 1-28-09.

The Massachusetts Striped Bass Association will instead hold our 700th Anniversary Meeting with all the planned festivities, speakers and raffles (including the VS Reel) at our next regularly scheduled meeting date of Wednesday, February 25, 2009. We sincerely hope all members, invited guests and especially our Past Presidents will join us on at that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but feel it would be inappropriate to hold the event with the current weather forecast.

It is important that all members and friends that were planning on getting their Annual Banquet Tickets (Being held on Feb 7th) at this meeting, please e-mail MSBA Secretary Wendy Bowles (thefisherwoman@comcast.net) or call (508)775-7847.

Thank You
MSBA Executive Board

BassDawg
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
THANKS for the heads-up,

BassPatrick,,,,,,,,,,,,doan wanna miss this one
and that's a good call by Bill. sea ya in a month!!
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Swimmer
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks Pat, although I kinda of like driving in bad weather.

BasicPatrick
01-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Pat, although I kinda of like driving in bad weather.

So do I...it is fun late at night.

Bottom line is with politicians (May or or Braintree, a State Senator, A State rep, Commish of MA Fish & Game, DMf Directror, and 14 mostly lederly Past Presidents it was too much in the weather.

Next month will be fun

Swimmer
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
But the regular meeting is a go right?

BigFish
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
No meeting at all Frank...thus the "call Wendy for banquet tickets" note.:) Cause there will be no meeting to get them at.

Squid kids Dad
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks Larry..Frank was on the way over to pick me up..Saved us a trip...

BigFish
01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Whew! Glad I saved you guys the ride!:wavey:

Swimmer
01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I kept trying to tell Mike thier wasn't going to be a meeting but he wanted to see if the Dairy Queen was open just over the highway in Weymouth. So I figured I would humor him.

Squid kids Dad
01-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I kept trying to tell Mike thier wasn't going to be a meeting but he wanted to see if the Dairy Queen was open just over the highway in Weymouth. So I figured I would humor him.

Yah Right...And the one time you said you would drive..:lama::rotf3:

Swimmer
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Yah Right...And the one time you said you would drive..:lama::rotf3:

I was going to drive:bs:really.