View Full Version : Got Stryper new soft bait

keeperreaper
01-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Alan aka Little Round has a beauty of a new bait out. The action is insane. His old rubber slayed bass in the rips and in the canal and this one is even better. The baits last year accounted for some impressive cathces of tuna when trolled or jigged.

Alan post a few pics of your new stuff.

5/0
01-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Got stryper worked very well in the Canal last year for me,I can't wait to try the new one's:bounce:
Nice work Alan:cheers:

Is it Spring yet?

5/0

JohnR
01-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Yes Alan - lets see them ;)

Here is a SWEET fish pic

http://gotstryper.com/images/stories/albie1000.jpg

Little Round
01-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I will try to get a few pics up. I'm just having trouble on this computer. The new design has a longer tail and it tapers to a point. It is a slight design modifaction, but it is a huge improvement. They worked great before, but now they are really sick. The first two fish we had on them were to 60" class tuna. The first drop we doubled up on the new plastic. That day there were 5 fish on the plastic, and were fighting fish most of the day. If we marked fish, and we drop the new rubber we were hooked up. I will put some other pics up when I get back over to the other computer.

Bronko
01-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I mentioned Alan's rubber here before. For some reason it drives bass nuts when it is jigged. Keepereaper and I stood side by side in the canal this past fall on a bunch of different nights where this stuff out-fished other rubber and jigs big time.

Most of us here are hardcore fisherman and we try all the different products that come out. From personal experience I can tell you that this product works. You have to give this stuff a shot. (Alan has also created his own new jighead this winter for his rubber and other applications.)

ProfessorM
01-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats and continued success.

BassDawg
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
have a couple of his last year's models and from
the year before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they only hit the water
once or twice; prolly at the wrong times/places.

will look forward to picking up the new jiggin' combo,
and employing it fervently at sum particular deeeeep water
NShorian haunts :heybaby: :heybaby: :heybaby:

the ACTION is truly amazing and worth throwing into yer surfbag!!
:claps: :claps: :claps:

RIJIMMY
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
very cool, keep us posted. Where are they sold?

Little Round
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
This is the comparison of the old design, to the new stuff. The tech drawing dosen't really give what it totally looks like in real life, but gives an idea. Here was the first fish that we had on it. Capt. Jeff Smith was kind enough to help me out and we went out and got it all on video. I will have the video in the booth at the MSBA, RISSA, and Somerset shows. Right now CMS, Nelson's, Goose, M&D's, Larry's, Anchor in dennis, and Powderhorn has them. I have been working on a bunch of new stuff this year and will have everything ready for the shows.

I got another intersting story too. My soon to be brother-in-law out in Maui hooked a 400# blue marlin on the 9" white rubber on monday. He is a complete Googan when it comes to fishing. He had asked me to send him some of the rubber back in the fall because he wanted to try fishing out there for yellowfin. He had a boat and gear he could use, but knows nothing about fishing. NOTHING. He had to send me pics of the rods to ask if they were all right to my phone. He knew enough I guess that the north side of the island was where he should go fishing, but next to that not much else. While I got the call tuesday that he wanted to say "thank you". I had no idea what he was talking about. He went on to tell me the story of how he was trolling the rubber in hopes of yellowfin, but he hooked a 10' blue. I asked him on what? While it was on the stuff you sent me. Come to find out I guess it ate the 9" white/ pearl new rubber I sent him. They only had it on for a few minutes, but I guess it went bezerk and started greyhounding all over the place till it landed on the line and broke them off. I thought it was the coolest story I have heard in a long time. He had nothing to hide, and nothing to prove. I told him they would catch, and I guess they did.

fish4striper
01-29-2009, 08:09 AM
I gotta try some this year. I procastinated and didn't hunt some down last year. Kept kickin my self everytime I heard of another hookup!