View Full Version : Christmas morning for the kids & grandkids?

JohnR
12-26-2002, 09:48 AM
So how did it go?

At our house, my 2 y.o. son Liam had a BALL! As he was upset for losing his little plastic train while he was sleeping that we got him last weekend at Edaville (that hardly even looks like a train anymore), he was absolutely shocked to find a wooden Thomas the Tank Engine train set under the tree. He just stared and stared as the little battery powered trains from Santa ran circles around the tracks. He was instantly awake (which is rare just like his dad :p ) and started poking, playing, and moving around the various wooden tracks and die-cast trains. He hardly noticed the big yellow Tonka Dump, Crane, & Dozer or the hundreds of marbles (load for the Dump) as he wanted the TRAIN!

So now instead of the plastic train or the Matchbox trucks, or a "Binky" Blanket like many kids, he now takes his green battery powered train to sleep :D

It was truly a great morning to see the look on his face when he saw that train set and was one of the times when I smile and feel how great it is to be a dad!

How did it go with your kids or grandkids?

mrmacey
12-26-2002, 09:55 AM
makes me so excited about having my first cant wait hes not even here yet but i want those times that is what christmas is about!!!

Scotch Bonnet
12-26-2002, 10:59 AM
My 5 yr old jumped out of bed(very rare) and raced down the stairs. My 2 yr old stumbled out of bed and down the stairs mumbling dollhouse-dollhouse-dollhouse. Precious moments. Santa was good to all. Spiderman R/C monstertruck and the doll house were the big hits. Then it was off to Westport,Conn for dinner at my bro-in-laws. The drive home last night was interesting but slow!

John, that Thomas is an expensive habit;)

Van
12-26-2002, 11:07 AM
John and others:

Sounds like you had a memorable christmas morning.
When my kids were little it was a great treat to see them
so excited.
Now they are older and of course its not the same.

Treasure these times, it goes fast...

Merry X-Mas.......

Slipknot
12-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a great day John :)

Our kids, Jenna-8 and Dan -11 woke us up at 6. I was so tired that we said ok to bringing their stockings into our room and open them. The smiles do really make it all worth it. Then by 6:30 we all got up and opened the presents, they loved everything they got and were very grateful. :) Then off to my brothers house and more good stuff and smiles and dinner with Gramma and Papa too.

Jenn
12-26-2002, 12:23 PM
my 2 y.o. son Liam had a BALL

uh...hes two already?????:eek: :eek: :eek: yikes...wasnt it just yesterday you were all excited and telling us he was born??? EEK!

my family decided no presents for each other this year (that was SOOOO nice) but instead just the little ones....my 2 neices and brand new nephew......it was all about them and so much fun!

Goose
12-26-2002, 01:07 PM
The excitment at my house started early, 5am my little boy(3) is yelling in our room for us ta come see the train around the bottom of the tree. We've been blessed with three kids that are good in school, in public and have there moments at home. It was great watchin them open and give gifts. We always take a little coffee break after a few gifts to make the morning last. Once things setteled down my wife and I got to the job at hand.....Cooking Christmas dinner for our familyfor the first time. We worked as a team and made many goodies, everyone enjoyed the meal and gave us compliments and we made to much as usual. We are very thankful that we have a loving family and are able to give! Enjoy the beautiful times being around your freinds and family during the holidays and through the year.

fishsmith
12-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Christmas was an early start, the sounds of my oldest son (4) running towrd our room screaming "Santa came! Santa came!!" then me, my wife, and my youngest son (just shy of 2), come into the livingroom with squinting eyes and settle into the opening of gifts. Seeing the kids eyes light up is the best, and almost as good is the look of disappointment when they open a present that is not a toy or something fun, (clothes) their honesty is hilarious.
Then the bad weather got the guests out early so the cleanup was done by 6pm, the kids were beat from the big day and were down by 7pm, and to top it off I got to beat my wife and sister at the new Trivial Pursuit game.

A great day from start to finish.

Fishpart
12-26-2002, 05:08 PM
My two boys 5 and 3 slept till 7 after having a herd of people over on Christmas Eve. They had an excellent time playing wiht thier toys and "helping" their 10 month old sister open her presents.

We've been playing with the RC M1 tanks ever since.

jettyjockey18
12-26-2002, 07:26 PM
my two boys (5 and 2) are the first 2 grandkids for both my folks and my inlaws (my inlaws thankfully now have a third grandson)...the number of gifts my kids received for christmas bordered on the obscene:o...i still have a couple of toys to set up and i took today off from work...:eek:

if christmas is really for the kids, then why was i awake at 5:15 am begging my wife to let me go wake them up:confused: :D she finally relented at 6:30:p

when the smoke finally cleared and the dust settled, which toy brought the most fun:confused: :confused: the freakin $2 whoopie cushion...:smash:

hope everyone had a merry christmas...

-todd and family