View Full Version : Good to see the Bruins getting healthy again

Mr. Sandman
02-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Several mid season hockey thoughts...

It was good to see the B's old lines back but I have to say that the guys called up from Providence did an outstanding job and the bruins future looks pretty solid.

Tuuka in goal yesterday looked amazing. This team has without question the best depth in the league. Also he has a cool name, how many people do you know who have a first name with back to back letter "U" in them?:D

As far as comments on other threads that the players today are not the heroes of yesterday... perhaps not, but the game is different today. Yeah, back then there were no helmets and the the rules were slightly different but I like today's game. It is a lot more fast paced and the skill level is higher at a younger age.

As far as the all-star game goes...I think it is stupid. The game is not exciting at all. The overtime was OK but it is a stupid idea that the fans really don't like. The skills were even kind of dull to watch. My vote would be to skip it all together and give everyone in the league a mid season week off. It is meaningless.

The winter classic is a great idea IMO...Personally I would like to see the NHL build a real sweet outdoor facility maybe in Alaska or Canada or someplace cold and have each team be scheduled to play real games outside 2X over the season. Also, I would like to see the team schedule be be more widespread. Ie, I would like to see each team play every other team at least one home and away game. it close but some teams we only play once and it seams we play a too many east coast teams too often.

Rmarsh
02-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Its been a long time coming, and Im glad to see the Bruins doing so well. I agree that the NHL All Star Game is hardly worth watching.
No checking and not much defense. Wasn't there somewhere around 16 total goals scored?

Also want to tell you that I picked up a 2009 Block Island calander at the SWE yesterday. Beautiful airiel photos.

Slipknot
02-01-2009, 09:59 AM
1 to nothing over the Rangers yesterday was SWEET!!!!