View Full Version : 2 months work ...

Tagger
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I could never go commercial ..

Tagger
02-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi DZ .... traded all these plugs for some really nice jiggs ...

gldnbear93
02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm loving the Nike

numbskull
02-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Beautiful, Eddy. Now women everywhere will want to have your baby.

Tagger
02-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Beautiful, Eddy. Now women everywhere will want to have your baby.

They would if they saw what I made for you .. I'm saving that for Valentines Day ..:blush:

stripercrazy
02-08-2009, 08:14 AM
how sweet:) they look great...love the white/silver pikie

NIB
02-08-2009, 08:55 AM
All that work on the conrad and thats the color you selected..
Looks like Numby's V-times gift.He'll want to have your baby now...:)

Tagger
02-08-2009, 10:00 AM
All that work on the conrad and thats the color you selected..
)

Yea ,,, I was thinking of a blotchy squiddy look ,, Next thing I know I got P-Town pink ,,.got more like that :yak4: It is a deep diver and red is the first to dissapear ... :hidin:

NIB
02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Some things I'm workin on.:lasso:

NIB
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
A few more.May take me a few more months..

NIB
02-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Lu's bottle

NIB
02-08-2009, 12:38 PM
This thing have been haunting me..

Tagger
02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
This thing have been haunting me..

like the skinny profile ,,, is it rolly ? You get it to swim ... That little dark one with the big eye is interresting .. Lots of unfinished stuff there .. Looks like the Proffesor's cave . I thought he was going commercial making plug kits .. :fishslap:

numbskull
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Hell, Tony, it looks right on to me. How much weight did you put in it? I think I used 14-15 grams 3.75" back. Will roll horribly, but swim at as slow a retrieve as you can muster. On most I bend the line tie down, sometimes as much as I can. The low lip, which makes it so unstable, seems also will pull it down, the low line tie lifts it up. I used 3/0 cut VMCs. The plug floats low. Tug short and fast and if it does a barrell roll you've got it right. Hard plug to fish when you can see it and you're searching..........you will start retrieveing too fast. But if you know there are fish around and can force yourself to really creep it....they'll crush it......day or night.

On the ones I got going right now, I lifted the line slot a fraction above midline (the originals were on the midline) trying to get a plug that can be worked a little faster before it rolls out. Haven't tested them yet.

NIB
02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats a tester model..Note the bent hooks.It's been so long since I made it I'm not sure of the action.If i have time tommorow i will retest it now I know what i should be looking for.I must've been happy Or I would have trashed it.It has a pretty big slug of lead in there I cut a big tail weight. not sure if it goes 1/2 once though.It is 3.75" from the face it has the 2 oz lefty lip mid slot.cut in mid.face..I have the eyelet bent up.Must have been in effort to keep the plug from poppling out.It goes 2.7 with no sealer or top coat.So I figure it will come in around 3.1-3.3
Thanks for your help geo..

DZ
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi DZ .... traded all these plugs for some really nice jiggs ...

Eddy,
One week with me on Block and you already know what color gets me going. Very nice. Can't wait to try one.

DZ

Tagger
02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Eddy,
One week with me on Block and you already know what color gets me going.

DZ

I made more with my BI fishing buddies in mind .. :D

eastendlu
02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Eddie those look sweet that nike is hypnotic:drool:.I am slow as molasses have not finished any plugs yet this year i'm going Nib speed.Tony those pics of your plugs is like getting a clear picture of Sasquatch i thought Nib plugs did not exist.:jester:

NIB
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Your funny Lu..
So I gave it a test swim Geo.It swims well in a fast retrieve as well as real slow.A nice tight swagger..I did not mark the top to tell me of the roll as I did not care about that.I plan on painting it a light yellow top to a white belly.With some NIB blending so i don't think it will be too flashy..It's not a surface swimmer,just under the surface..Especially at a crawl,it digs a little deeper with a increased speed.I think if i bend the lip up and the line tie down it will not boil out...
When pulled it along wit the rod though..I popped out.Set up like you had mentioned..
I noticed the one in the pic in the new thread.It looks like the lip cut is slightly above center Like you noted how did you like it..
What do your's weigh finished with hooks..The one tested was 2.7 I will easily add a .5 to that sealed and top coated.That could be alot.Makes me think I have to check the belly weight.Either that or I have to dump the regular standard yellow pine to go with a epoxy sealed cedar..I think my model is a hair thinner than yours.It certainly looks thinner than the one in the pic.

scottw
02-11-2009, 05:56 AM
nike is very cool and I LOVE the predator, that looks like a tricky one to get to swim right?

Tagger
02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I LOVE the predator, that looks like a tricky one to get to swim right?

No .. I put a 00 shot behind the belly hook for casting purposes but swims great with or without weight . no duds ..

saltyric
02-11-2009, 07:25 AM
real nice work!!!!! I have to get my butt down to the basement and start spinning!

Rockfish9
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Awesome.... quality is worth more than quantity any day... I see your using the new split rings, I started using them myself this season, they tend to keep the hook a little coser too the body, and have a little less hook s swing...

ProfessorM
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
nice job