View Full Version : purple/gold jointed swimmer

steelhead
02-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I was quite happy with how this guy came out. It's made of spanish cedar, 10" long, unweighted with a Danny2 metal lip thruwired using the lower slot. Weighs about 2.75 ounces. It will need some in water tuning. Right now, it looks like it is going to dig too much for the application I'm thinking of, so I'll bend the lip down some, probably do the same with the line tie to get it to run a couple feet under. I plan to use this at night on some big sand flats were big stripers cruise looking for eels or trolling from the kayak over some shallow clam flats in the bay by my house at the turn of high tide, same time, o'dark thirty.

I put in a detail shot of the head. I remember having a bit of trouble with the purple. You can see some puddling/splattering. In hind site, I think I had the paint thinned too much and was trying tp put too much paint down much at a time.

I was looking at it today and began was wondering if the color scheme was more brown/gold/olive whether it might make a good sucker bait.

numbskull
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
OoooLaLaaaah!

outnumbered
02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Love the colors, somehow I don't think the fish will mind too much in the dark.

go4broke44
02-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice plug! You might be better off with just the front belly hook though, will make it easier to unhook fish, especially at night!

The Dad Fisherman
02-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Looks like you are Digging the Airbrush these days....That looks awesome

BIG TIM
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
That plug is pissah!

VTBasser
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Looks good to me! A little splatter don't matter to the fish if the lure is moving. Even if it is not moving. If it looks good the fish will eat it.

scottw
02-10-2009, 06:40 AM
I love that one...fantastic ...