View Full Version : Health and Obama's stimulas plan

buckman
02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mccaughey&sid=aLzfDxfbwhzs

JohnnyD
02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Commentary = *yawn*

No different than the rare commentaries that still come out saying that Bush did a good job.

Post some facts, rather than opinions, then I'll humor you.

RIJIMMY
02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
man you libs hate any thinking dont you? read the article and THINK! Opinion is all you have before something happens! There is no historical data to review on this. Obama has not FACTS to support any of this working!
History was boring too, but those that dont learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

talk about sheep.....

JohnnyD
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Copy and paste of a link (actually 3 or 4 links in the last 24 hours) does not denote "thinking."

RIJIMMY
02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
reading them and analyizing them does. Information can result in informed decisions.

JohnnyD
02-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Agreed. And I have read a few dozen. However, for every google search that yields a negative article about the stimulus, I could find one that's positive.

I'm not saying that either article is accurate or correct though. Thus why I said, post some facts, have an actual opinion, then we'll talk.

Joe
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
man you libs hate any thinking dont you? read the article and THINK! Opinion is all you have before something happens! There is no historical data to review on this. Obama has not FACTS to support any of this working!
History was boring too, but those that dont learn from it are doomed to repeat it.
talk about sheep.....

The piece was written by Betsy McCaughey, former lieutenant governor of New York and an adjunct senior fellow at the Hudson Institute (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Institute) a neo-conservative think tank.

I think you think she's paid to think objectively at the think tank; in which case, I think you're wrong.

RIJIMMY
02-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I like to hear all sides and come to my own conclusion, you guys disregard anyone that has a conservative bias.
Like I've said 50 times out here, imagine if the libs put up this much fuss over Iraq. I know, evil Bush blinded you with awesome evilness.

Joe
02-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Think tanks consult with legislators to draft policy, construct debate, and publish commentary within clearly defined political parameters.

I would not post a link from a liberal think tank, or from the NYT or CNN and expect a conservative to take it seriously.

RIJIMMY
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I would
Knowledge is Power

Joe
02-12-2009, 09:41 AM
The power of knowledge lies in the ability to recognize the distinction between truth and biased conjecture.

EarnedStripes44
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I like to hear all sides and come to my own conclusion, you guys disregard anyone that has a conservative bias.

Jim we don't disregard you. Your the conservative patron saint of this forum.

buckman
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
If you think this is boring and don't bother to read it, then keep drinking your Koolaid. Obama and the libs are pushing all kinds of crap down our throats in this " stimulas" bill. They are changing America for the worse and you support it.