View Full Version : Spray Booth

mikecc
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Made this yesterday. I took a few pictures from online and made some Mods to it.
1/8 hp 450CFM E/P motor ,made it portable direct vent with flex hose.

eastendlu
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Looks good Mike.:claps:

ProfessorM
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
nice mike, where did you get the motor? My problem with those filter in front type booths is they clog fast and then the paint gets on the motor, fan blades and eventually causes it to run out of balance. I sometimes place a piece of cheap paper towel on the filter in front. The air sucks it up against the filter. After it loads up I throw away and do again. Makes the filter last longer. Bernzy told me about this I think. Got to use the cheap towels though so the air can penetrate thru it. Just a thought.

mikecc
02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Paul the Motor is from a Lap dust collector.
My father used it when he did his carvings
I'm going to try the pt trick

Rockfish9
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
nice mike, where did you get the motor? My problem with those filter in front type booths is they clog fast and then the paint gets on the motor, fan blades and eventually causes it to run out of balance. I sometimes place a piece of cheap paper towel on the filter in front. The air sucks it up against the filter. After it loads up I throw away and do again. Makes the filter last longer. Bernzy told me about this I think. Got to use the cheap towels though so the air can penetrate thru it. Just a thought.

Paul, I use a range hood, that way, you are not directly spraying on the filters, I substituted the stock grease filters for a dual filter( regular media and carbon) that has a ridgid backing and can be cut to size( bought at lowes), what reaches the filter is no longer liquid and adheres to the filter and never reaches the squirrel cage...I vent it outside through a window pane that I replced with plexiglass.. not only is the motor variable speed, but all duct work is controlled with blast gates to aid in air flaow and keep out cold drafts...

Pete F.
02-13-2009, 06:32 PM
My wife would be really mad if I appropriated the range hood.