View Full Version : Could this be a new source of income?

FishermanTim
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Although it hadn't happened to me, I was listening to Michael Graham on 96.9 WTKK this morning. It seems that, unknown to him, his drivers license had been revoked by the RMV.He was arrested, but the police could not tell him why it had been revoked, only that he was under arrest.
He claims that he has no outstanding tickets of any kind, and could not think of any reason for the revocation on his license.
**If there are no valid reasons for the revoked license.

There were other listeners that called in, describing similar experiences, where they had no knowledge of the license being suspended/revoked prior to their being arrested or having their cars impounded.

It sounds a little sketchy that AFTER the DMV/RMV updated all their computer systems, that they are "suddenly" experiencing computer errors? :bsod:
The real kick in the a$$ is that if you should have this happen to you, and you are completely innocent, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO PAY UP!

I would definitely call this "creative income generating" if it's proven that the RMV/DMV is revoking licenses at random, calling them "computer errors" and STILL nailing the drivers for all fees and fines associated with the ordeal. :wall:

Remember, you would still be required to pay up front before you even get a court date to contest this.
Then if you were thinking of getting your money back because it was a state error, you'd have a better chance of flying to the moon! :realmad:

Now, if you happen to be driving through Malden, you have twice as much to worry about. A "random" ticket for driving through Malden, and an unknown revocation of your license. :cens:

Welcome to Assachusetts

Swimmer
02-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Tim the guy your talking about received a ticket for having no insurance in another state and never did a thing about it, figuring it'll never catch up with him. Well, it did, and it always does eventually. Florida takes the longest. What its called is an, NDR Out of State violation. The regsitry did in fact notify him 10 or 20 days before hand that his license was being revoked. It sends the notice to the listed address on your license, but how many people here or anywhere else move and don't fill out the change of address in a timely manner. The guy your talking about is using his public position to garner sympathy, posture himself and try his case. I remember a guy who said he didn't know either. But when we went to court the judge looked at him and said, "did you remember getting arrested for O.U.I. in Colorado?" You may not want to know this but the registry doesn't make to many errors like this.

Raven
02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
failure to pay excise tax in a town that you moved from

even if you paid it... in your new town
where ever you are on 1,1, 20--
is who you owe

the old town sends the bill ,or excise tax

it gets thrown away and then
failure to pay it makes a license get revoked

you have to notify your old town hall
or the domino's start falling

likwid
02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Dude deserves it.
I'm sure he's gonna cry to high heaven about wrongful arrest.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/state/x1124687766/WTKK-host-Michael-L-Graham-arrested-in-Framingham-on-license-charge

Swimmer
02-18-2009, 11:42 AM
This guy in his original interview went from I never received any notice/letter to I got it in the mail and left it at my insurance agents office to take care of. How many of us would received a license revocation notice at our insurance agent's office. From what I have seen and read of everyone here, not one, I believe.

likwid
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
What precisely does your ins company have to do with your LICENSE?

The dude's a sack of sh@#$ for trying to lie his way out of it to his listeners.