View Full Version : And we wonder why...

fishaholic18
02-16-2009, 09:00 AM
kids are out of control....

http://www.projo.com/news/content/BURRILLVILLE_TEACHER_CHARGED_02-14-09_4NDAP8Q_v15.3ffe6df.html

likwid
02-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Because parents are f@#$ lazy and have an inability to control their children? I agree!

striperman36
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
My dad retired teaching after several years of facing some parents that came in and threatened him physical harm if he didn't pass their kids.
He also had a student teacher attacked by a child and the teacher was brought up on assault charges by the students parents

Dad also had his best friend brought up on assualt of a minor for breaking up a fight in school.

Time to get out. It's not teaching anymore

fishaholic18
02-16-2009, 09:14 AM
WTF!!! Every one of my teachers would be in the can... F^%$# ridiculous......My bro is a teacher and he says they pretty much have his hands tied nowadays..... He's told to call the law when a kid acts up...WTF...... My father would have told the teacher to bust the pointer over my head..then he would have broke one over my head when he got home...:whackin: I don't blame these teachers one bit for not wanting to take cuts....

striperman36
02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Not the same parents that refused to let their child 'pledge allegiance' to the flag because it says 'one nation under god'

Or the ones that thought showing 'same sex' parents was a no-no.

JohnR
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
:doh:

Saw this stupidity all the time when I worked in Newport. Yes, some less than great teachers but mostly less than great kids with no respect and poor parenting.

Swimmer
02-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I actually gave some thought to subbing in the local system until I found out that they only pay $75.00 for the entire day. Teachers are cops without the right of arrest nowadays.

HESH2
02-16-2009, 12:09 PM
what john r said,went i went to school you gave teachers respect and were affraid if you screwed up cause you got expelled or detection,then you had to see your parents when you got home.

The Dad Fisherman
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
One of these days that is going to be me.....Scout Moms :wall:

JohnR
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
One of these days that is going to be me.....Scout Moms :wall:

Why? Whaddya want to do to the Scout Mom's :eyes::musc::hihi::bounce::bshake::humpty: :rotflmao: :lm:

The Dad Fisherman
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Some of them are too overprotected and afraid to let their kids fail at anything....So when I get them out on a campout they don't want to do anything.....in hopes that someone else will do it for them.

Homey Don't Play Dat......get off your azz, get up, and get it done.

I've already had 3 moms pissed at me because of various things....2 of them have actually stomed out of the room on me.....they really need to learn to relax. :hihi:

The Dads always say the same thing....If he gives you a heard time you have my permission to kick his azz.....never had a mom tell me that :huh:

JohnR
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I figured as much - I was just making a crack the other way (and you know it :tm: ).

I think the days may be more screwy in my kid's pack than the moms...

Tagger
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I got a boot in the arse ,bye the owner out of a variety store .. Three stairs going out of the store,, I flew over all three . I saw my sister coming and hid ,, If she told my father I'd get another ..

Raider Ronnie
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Compared to todays standards my 1st grade teacher (who was a nun @ St. Thomas catholic school ) she would get life without parole or worst for some of the whippings she gave me with the pointer.

striperman36
02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Compared to todays standards my 1st grade teacher (who was a nun @ St. Thomas catholic school ) she would get life without parole or worst for some of the whippings she gave me with the pointer.

Ahhh, if only we had youtube then.

I had a Franciscan lift me and my desk to the headmaster's office when I was in 3rd grade.

ThrowingTimber
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Thats nothin' sister Mary Gibson use to give us the flying elbow off the top rope while sister Mary Laurita would hold us down.

fishaholic18
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Thats nothin' sister Mary Gibson use to give us the flying elbow off the top rope while sister Mary Laurita would hold us down.

LOL...Piledriver!!!...Snuka off the top rope...

ThrowingTimber
02-16-2009, 08:06 PM
You knew you were screwed when they broke out the two buckets. One for warm water and murphys oil and the other just warm water. If I had a nickle for every pew I've had wipe down and them murphys oil... :(

ProfessorM
02-16-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGH5T9gRkuo

Swimmer
02-16-2009, 09:08 PM

I can only imagine what you would have been like Ronnie without the sisters intervention you little rascal.

I remember the nuns whacking my nuckles at catechism (sic) class in the lower church after school.

Raider Ronnie
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I can only imagine what you would have been like Ronnie without the sisters intervention you little rascal.

No doubt !
I remember being tied to my desk with rope by my kindergarten teach because I was so high strung
:hihi:
Thank god my kids take after my wife !

ThrowingTimber
02-16-2009, 10:59 PM
No hall pass. You come to a corner and you'd just hear their rosary beads clicking as they walked :err: Then Sister Mary Gibson starts jabbing you with her index finger in the shoulder, while simultaneously twisting and lifting your ear... all the way back to your classroom...
:hihi:

fishaholic18
02-17-2009, 06:54 AM
F%$#...We even had a Dean of Discipline in HS.....:shocked:

Raven
02-17-2009, 07:16 AM
those long fingernails diggin into my neck...... and one day my neck was bleeding.

that was the last day she dared to do that. :af: beotch.....

Slipknot
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Because parents are f@#$ lazy and have an inability to control their children? I agree!

And that describes your parents likwid? :)

ThrowingTimber
02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
F%$#...We even had a Dean of Discipline in HS.....:shocked:

The assistant principal would roam the halls looking for students no hall pass, ok guys you know the routine.. hands over your head... I remember he had this massive class ring...:eek:

But this kid gets whacked with a pointer probably deserves it and dads was on tv the other night saying talk to my lawyer. I dunno I dont have any sons but I'd kinda feel like a loser if I raised a pussy...

fishaholic18
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.projo.com/ri/burrillville/content/TEACHER_IN_COURT_02-18-09_U8DBTQC_v20.3d6c152.html

Raven
02-18-2009, 09:26 AM
what happened to detention or go stand in the corner

oh that's right

that's no longer allowed :rtfm:

i think that lady was trying to keep discipline

but at a distance... she's had it.... with today's kids

thinking back....

we had this one substitute teacher who'd get so frustrated
with us....that he'd take this real heavy book (dictionary )
and SLAM it down on his desk
to make a real LOUD noise to get our attention and get his point across simultaneously....
which worked great for five minutes
then we'd ask him if he had a girlfriend...
and we eventually.... literally...
laughed him right out of the school system