View Full Version : WHERE'S your go to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BassDawg
02-17-2009, 07:34 AM
breakfast spot?

breakskunk spot?

breakBITE spot?

for me, my biggest comfort FOOD is Breakfast!!!
i've been able to find sum great DINERS in the pursuit
of our beloved prey,,,,,,,,,,,,,so let's hear 'em,,,,,,,,,,,,

NPT: The Franklin Spa
SoCo: The Gentleman Farmer
DI: that place at the corner of Shirley St and Harbor Dr??
SGUS: The Tumble Inn
PI: Mad Martha's

to name a few,,,,,,,,,,,,

CaptMike
02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
larry's px by far my favorite

BigFish
02-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I love getting breakfast after an all nighter....it kind of caps it off for me! Whether with a friend or even alone! Leo's is going to show up alot in this thread Dawg! However I will stop at just about any ham and egger on the way home! I love diner food!

jimmy z
02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
7/11 or the Tim Horton's on Rt 1. When I'm out there I don't spend a heck of alot of time eating.
Hi Jess:wavey:

BigFish
02-17-2009, 08:50 AM
What that little breakfast place right along 1 on the corner there JimmyZ??? Afterhours knows the one I speak of....great food there and a bottomless cup!:gu:

beaver
02-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Manny's in Bristol. 3 eggs, home fries, bacon, toast, and coffee for $3. Not bad in my book.

JFigliuolo
02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
My bed... or my desk. Any time available is spent on the water. If I got 30 minutes to sit for breakfast thats 30 minutes I could have been fishing.

I don't get out enough and live too far away.

RIJIMMY
02-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Phils in wakefield

BassDawg
02-17-2009, 09:41 AM
7/11 or the Tim Horton's on Rt 1. When I'm out there I don't spend a heck of alot of time eating.
Hi Jess:wavey:

Hullo Jimmy!
:wave: :wave:

all good choices and like you, Larry
i LOVE diner food,,,,,,,,,,i almost forgot the

and WHY?
for the above locales;

The Spa~~for their omeletes, cawfee, and impeccable service
The Farmer~~for their huge portions, great service, and location
The DI place~~for the cook's hutzpah(NYY fan), his homfries, and perfect raison toast
The Inn~~for the conversation, "Pebbles"(she knows), their mammoth pancakes
Martha's~~for the BEST hash on the planet, and their eclectic menu

i have yet to meet a breakfast menu i DIDN'T like!
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
02-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Village Pizza in Georgetown.....best breakfast around.....

I will eat breakfast anywhere though...and I agree Larry, Breakfast is always a great way to cap an all-nighter

luds
02-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Everything is closed at night between tides. I usually try to bring a snack or slum it at a 24 hour convenient store. :( I try to get home and into bed as fast as I can so I don't end up wrapped around a telephone pole or useless the day after. If I have the energy when I get home I'll make myself an omelette and try to time it right so I have one ready for my wife when she gets up. Breakfast in bed usually seems to help negate the fact that I left her alone all night.

Pete F.
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Phils in Wakefield, Someplace in Westerly, the Maine Diner early or there is another place down the road in Kennebunk, There is some restaurant in Portsmouth NH where we went one morning and every woman in there was beautiful, I know I'd be disappointed if I went back.
I love breakfast

BigFish
02-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Phils in Wakefield, Someplace in Westerly, the Maine Diner early or there is another place down the road in Kennebunk, There is some restaurant in Portsmouth NH where we went one morning and every woman in there was beautiful, I know I'd be disappointed if I went back.
I love breakfast

And women obviously!:btu: Need the name of that place!!:bl:

The Iceman 6
02-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Manny's in Bristol. 3 eggs, home fries, bacon, toast, and coffee for $3. Not bad in my book.

Yes.

redneck24
02-17-2009, 01:03 PM
all american in plymouth
cranberry cottage in wareham
old country buffet in hyannis

BassDawg
02-17-2009, 01:24 PM
My bed... or my desk. Any time available is spent on the water. If I got 30 minutes to sit for breakfast thats 30 minutes I could have been fishing.

I don't get out enough and live too far away.

i'm talking about after the fishing's done, bro.
well after first light and, generally, on the way home.
or to help me to get home as a way to wake-up,,,,,,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank YOU, gents, for ALL yer suggestions~~~

i just increased my diner vocabulary immensely!!
:drool: :drool: :drool:

striprman
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Sisson's or the Mill Pond

bassballer
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
After an all nighter theres only 1 spot for me. Atlantic grille in newport. Best breakfast in Newport.

whiplash
02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
On the Cape- Percys- Mashpee
south coast- the Nest - Mattapoisett
Cape Ann- Georges:drool:
Essex- Farnhams

Bronko
02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Muls in Southie...
The Westbury in west Roxbury...
Leos at the canal.....

BassDawg
02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Muls in Southie...
The Westbury in west Roxbury...
Leos at the canal.....

one of my top 5 on EITHER shore,,,,,,
usually a spot for me when we get rained out
or when i'm going home from tha Hall.
:kewl: :kewl: :kewl:

Rocco34520
02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Atlantic Grille in Newport serves up a mean breakfast and its right next to the Edge too!

jimmy z
02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
What that little breakfast place right along 1 on the corner there JimmyZ??? Afterhours knows the one I speak of....great food there and a bottomless cup!:gu:
I turn off of 78, going east on 1. The 7/11 is right when ya make the turn, ant the other joint, I think it's a Tim Horton's, is on the right, just before the Mobile station.
I'm not fussy. If I feel hungry, I'll wolf down anything.:wave:

BOSOX
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Grumpy's in Dennis...best breakfast on Cape. Can't get near the place during the summer months unless your there at 6. The tedeschi's near the State Cop Shop in Bourne has a mean bfast sandwich. I always grab one after a morning tide at the canal.

steve
02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Never ate breakfast after fishing, BED was always more important!

RIROCKHOUND
02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
BI airport after an all nighter. then park off the beaten track until the ferry.
otherwise I'm w/ Steve. I like to crash!

MikeToole
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
After fishing all night I like to just sit out on the beach or rocks and have a coffee and something to eat and shoot the bull about how the night went. I bring a thermos of coffee and a egg and pepper sandwich with me and break it out. If it's a drive on beach may pull out the grill.

Now that I'm getting elderly when I'm out all night I've gotten into the habit of taking a break by switching over to bait fishing for an hour or so. Plant my butt in a chair grab a bite.

JoeBass
02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I love breakfast

Pete, the Maine diner is a great place...but like you said ya gotta beat the crowds.BEST corn muffins. Going towards Kennebunk there's a family run joint on the left hand side that makes awesome egg and bacon hogies. Huckleberries, right by the Norseman on Ogunquit beach is no bargain, but you can lean your rods up outside where you can see 'em, wear your waders right in.

JamesJet
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
larry's px by far my favorite

I love Larry's after a long night or even a later breakfast after a morning jaunt. I will add Jim's Deli in Brighton to the list of amazing breakfast spots - but those days it was after a different type of long night:buds:

CaptMike
02-19-2009, 09:37 AM
I love Larry's after a long night or even a later breakfast after a morning jaunt. I will add Jim's Deli in Brighton to the list of amazing breakfast spots - but those days it was after a different type of long night:buds:

They're awesome I wish they opened at 5 though

2na
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Top Side Cafe at the Hump - serves a mean first light Ballantine and bass sashimi breakfast

WESTPORTMAFIA
02-19-2009, 06:14 PM
There is a place I visited a couple times last year next to the Muddy Moose in Tiverton RI. Cant remember the name but I had beer and eggs at 7am all 3 times after fishing all night. Talk about nap time!!!!!!!!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah. Legs and eggs at the Foxy in RI. Haven't done that in 5 years but I'm assuming they still do. You will go home smiling even if you had a bad night fishing.

Gary
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Keltic Kitchen in W. Yarmouth

joe the plumber
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Amanda's Pantry in Westerly.Try the soupy and egg omelet.

Pete F.
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Pete, the Maine diner is a great place...but like you said ya gotta beat the crowds.BEST corn muffins. Going towards Kennebunk there's a family run joint on the left hand side that makes awesome egg and bacon hogies. Huckleberries, right by the Norseman on Ogunquit beach is no bargain, but you can lean your rods up outside where you can see 'em, wear your waders right in.
If you are after 7 for the maine diner head striaght up rt 1, there is a garden place on the left and a small family restaurant on the right, nowheres near as crowded as the Maine Diner.
I can't remember the name of that place at the four corners, some irish name I think.

BassDawg
02-21-2009, 06:27 AM
ALL gooood stuff, gents!!!

guess i'm gonna HAVE to fish tha Ditch
this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just sose i can check out Leo's
:drool: :drool: :drool:

thanks again for broadening me breakfast horizons!!!