View Full Version : about 90 more days

mrmacey
01-02-2003, 04:01 AM
seeing this is my first spring to put boat in i might as well ask when do most put theres back in im trailering it so i plan on watching weather and when temps stay above freezing for awhile thats my go ahead sometime in march is my guess was wondering if the cod are still around then in close ill be down R I way i never caught cod down there is cod mostly a northern fish when i fished for cod in r i i caught fluke and scup when do stripers start running down brenton reef area boy cant wait to get out there!!!!

01-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Usually for me the 2nd or 3rd weekend of April, I will get the boat wet again.

JohnR
01-02-2003, 08:40 AM
No need to look for Cod in Rhody when you are near Boston harbor or CC Bay... Stripers will be in Rhody at the beginnibg of April - keepers late April early May

mrmacey
01-02-2003, 08:52 AM
im closer to middletown than plymouth its a nice ramp down there weaver cove they at least got a dock to stand on and its 15 minutes to brenton reef and beavertail i love rhody ill start up in april but not if wife has last word baby comin in march i might not want to fish for awhile dont know what its like with new baby around might want to stay home and watch baby grow lol!!

Jon G
01-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Seeing that I've done so much work to the boat so far this winter it will be goin in the first halfway decent weather we get in early spring(late march-early april) for some test runs. I can't wait for warm weather. 50 and sunny is looking really good about now! ;) Jon