View Full Version : Plum Island Fundraiser

nightfighter
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Great time. Lotsa S-B faces. Very good raffle table goodies. And great job by speakers OTW's Gene Bourque and our own Zeno!

I saw KarlF at the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& booth with Scott's better half and son, Point Jude Joe, Ray from Surface Tension Lures, Gone Fishing, Tattoobob, Rockport24, doc, TheDadFisherman, Clogston, and Togue, who I met for the first time. Sorry if I didn't get to meet any other S-B members who were there, or forgot someone.

The event raises the funds to support the club and the kids program for the coming year.

tattoobob
02-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Good times, to bad I came at the end, it was good seeing every one
I got a calender by sandman, couple of Point Jude Pro Zee tube tails for Block Island and Race point. these things are going to slay. I also got the last of a special color Salty's 2.5 oz. needle kinda sand squid color, can't wait for south beach in the spring.

Nice seeing everyone

tattoobob
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I forgot to add I got a sandman calender nice shots and worth every penny

Karl great seeing you there, I see you got a pass to leave the cape

gone fishin
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Good time today, great to see the S-B was well represented on the North Shore. Salty had a great showing and even had the better half there, missed the Booger. Karl, you have to cross the bridge and try PI again. :jester:

Plum Crazy
02-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Another successful show and a great time.
It was great seeing everyone again.
I think Febraury is the perfect time for this show.
Thank you Kevin for all of your help.
The chowder itself is well worth it.
Welcome to all the new MBBA members. Thank you for signing up.:kewl:

Zeno
02-22-2009, 09:38 AM
I like to expresses my sincerest thanks to Plum island Surfcasters for putting together a great Fundraiser for a great cause. I was honored to be asked to speak, 550 mile ride or not. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Larry Craig for his hospitality and a warm bed on a Friday night. It was great to see so many familiar faces from so-b.com and many others including Gene Bourque, Dave Peros, Point Jude Joe, Crew from Salty, Ray from Tension lures, Plum Crazy DVD creator who's DVD is on my short viewing to-do list and many others. I had a great time and the only regret I have is that I did not try that chowder..... Got to meet so many wonderful and enthusiastic people,it made a long ride seem much shorter. Thank you again ,to Plum Island Surfcasters and all of you who have attended this event

Sincerely

Zeno Hromin

MikeToole
02-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Zeno, great job on your presentation. Nothing like a good mix of New York humor and a lot of good points on striper fishing. Thanks for coming up.

Rocco34520
02-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Glad everyone had a good time. Maybe next year ill be able to go.

JamesJet
02-22-2009, 10:33 AM
It was a great time, Zeno - great talk and thanks for coming up. I picked up some PT Jude 3oz tins on sale which I am going to try at the canal and a sweet BM danny in herring that I cant wait to try, as well as Z's new book. Chowder was awesome, all in all a good time. Sorry I didn't meet any of the other members, I kind of kept to myself.

nightfighter
02-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Kevin, if the club has already set up its date for next year, can you put it on the S-B calendar so we don't have the same conflict with Plugfest? I'm guessing the club plans a little further in advance than Plugfest will.

The Dad Fisherman
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
will do...we actually had the date set back in july....I will post when its set

bassackward
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Great show and good turnout too. The raffle was fun and it seemed like everyone won something. I was lucky enough to win a Bigfish lure (Thanks Larry) and my good friend who just joined PISC last week won the sweet ABU set-up (Congrats Lee). Gene and Zeno added to the enjoyment. Zeno, I enjoyed your sock joke.

TDF did well, I saw, in the raffle.

Thanks to PISC again.

Grampy
02-22-2009, 03:04 PM
will do...we actually had the date set back in july....I will post when its set

Kevin,

Again like I said to you at the end of the presentation, when you were next to the bar, Good Job.

It was nice to see both Gene and Z in person, even if Gene did burn another spot in Falmouth.

Just curious, what was the total count of persons who attended?

Thanks.

The Dad Fisherman
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Won't know the total till the next E-Board meeting...but it looked like about 125-130.

I do want to thank a few people here for there dontions to the table.

Habs jr., #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, BigFish Bait, Gone Fishin (Don) all donated some Plugs to the table.

Pt Jude Joe donated some sweet Metal to the cause.

Zeno donated some Books and a Great Print of Cutty as well as his Sparkling wit during his Presentation

Gene Bourque through in some Hogy's as well.

Plum Crazy manned a table and MBBA donated a Membership and another of Don's plugs with the MBBA and PISC logo on it.....very sweet

plus the dozens of others who all contributed....we do appreciate all that everybody did to make this a success this year.

Shunky Joe for the Chili And our Own El Presidente Kevin Moore who donated 3 huge pots of Stripah Chowdah.....:drool:

Good to see a lot of S-B'ers there and thank you to everyone who attended.....

(and if I forgot somebody don't take it personal......I'm lucky I remembered what I did :hee:)

Zeno
02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Meeting so many nice people was worth the ride.

I just finished watching Reel People of Plum Island....oustdaning job!!
We need more books/dvd/mag stories about people and less about the fish. After all, all fish look the same:D