View Full Version : Taxachusetts?

Goose
01-02-2003, 02:08 PM
For all you Mass residents....... more tax. I know your not surprised. I just picked up my first medical presciption of 2003. There is now an additional $1.30 to most co-payments. :af: Also, my real estate tax went up up up. :af:

STEVE IN MASS
01-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Yep, refilled mine on the 31st just for that reason......and the pharmacy was packed...

The tax is supposed to help pay for Medicare.....yeah right, won't even go into that....:af:

STEVE IN MASS
01-02-2003, 02:48 PM
PS...real estate tax.....yep, Foxborough managed to lower the tax rate for this year.....but also re-assesed the properties (on my house to the tune of ~30%) to more than offset the savings .....Prop 2 1/2 what?....... if they can do that....:af:

alr
01-02-2003, 08:13 PM
if you think your unreal estate taxes are high now wait till you have to pay for all these schools the state promised the cities and towns they would cost/share on. our taxes went up 12 1/2 % prop. 2 1/2just another bureacratic play on numbers!

Got Stripers
01-02-2003, 09:14 PM
My wife and I were discussing this the other day as I'm trying to sell and downsize, in order to offset the "taxachusetts affect" on living. I considered briefly a move to southern NH/ME to get out of the state all together and then my winter fishing started up and when I look at some 400 stripers I've caught in 3 weeks of fishing, I just can't see myself giving that up and reading some good books over the winter.

John and you RI guys, how does that state compare to the cost of living, or are we talking just a marginal improvement. Just give me that winning powerball ticket please and I'll gladly pay any damn tax you want:).

fishweewee
01-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Pfft. Try working in New York City.

Ever see 60% of your pay go to the tax-man? :smash:

Scotch Bonnet
01-02-2003, 10:43 PM
GS, housing prices are starting to cool in Southern RI, but are still a little high. Nice 3-4 bedrooms are in the 200-250K. Taxes in Charlestown are low due to the big money waterfront property. North of Rt 1 is the key. Narragansett and South Kingston taxes are higher but probably alot less than your used to. Cost of living IMO is very reasonable and the fishing is well - you know:D. I'm sure Clamdigger could find you a solid investment - just stay away from the Warwick taxes:( PM me if want some exact figures.

Van
01-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Oh do I feel your pain !!!!

Not only am I being taxed to death, I even had to purchase a couple of text books for my daughter this year. (Senior in Highschool)

Where again are my tax dollars going ???????

25% increase on my homeowners last year, couldn't pay for a couple of books ?????
:af: :af: :af: