View Full Version : ANY RESOLUTIONS??

Mr. Kav
01-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Well i started a quit smoking resolution a little early this year and it has now been officially 6 days of being smoke free. this is allot more difficult than i ever expected. i have been smoking for 17 years. oh well i guess i have to go day by day.

sorry about this post i guess i am just venting, I really want one right now for my ride home from work.

STEVE IN MASS
01-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Kav....first two days are the worst....

Then, it's just when you're in traffic, or after ya eat, or worst yet, when you're fishing....(as ya know, that's what did me in...:( )

Keep at it, my friend, and.......

PS....is this what you want to do, or what your girl wants ya to do?....if it's the former, you'll have a lot more success......

Good Luck....and try beef jerky.....

redcrbbr
01-02-2003, 04:03 PM
day two. the driving is the hard part. figured thirty years was enough.
this is the the help thread?????? isn't it????

mrmacey
01-02-2003, 07:03 PM
have a plan for those times that trigger cravings ride it out it will pass just say to yourself i can do this for 1 minute at a time if thats what it takes think of the benifits of quitting youll definatly be able to run down the beach alot quicker your body is getting stronger the poisions are leaving and the body craves it for awhile but it passes its not about being stronger than the ciggs its about "surrender" ciggs are to powerful they want to take you down and eventually they will there is VICTORY in defeat in this case be strong and ask for help!!!! i needed to hear myself say this between ciggs, food, gambling, im loosing the battle i need to surrender to alot of different bad habits thanks for bringing this up!!!

Got Stripers
01-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Hang in there, you will feel so much better mentally & physically very soon and think of the money you will save. I was a 2 pack a day guy, quite cold turkey on new years 2 years ago, still smoke free and I feel great. It's mostly mental, you have to accept your never, ever, never, I repeat ever going to light another one up. I hope you make it for the first month, then you will just have to stop yourself on occassion.

Mr. Kav
01-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Steve,
the quitting is for me but having the support of a pretty girl doesn't hurt. she is in florida for a week and she called a little while ago and kiddingly i told her that broke down and smoked and she said " well, that is ok we will try again", i thought that was really nice that she is helping me but not nagging.

yes this is the help thread i guess redcrbbr, i still haven't smoked but i agree driving without smoking is tough.

thanks everyone for the bits of encouragement.

g.s
i bet it was tough for you to go out in your boat on a solo mission and not reach for the cigs.

Van
01-03-2003, 03:33 PM
CATCH BIGGER FISH !!!!!

Thats my resolution.

KAV:
Hang in there, its worth it !!!!

PS:

I'll be e-mailing you soon with the info.....

Mr. Kav
01-07-2003, 07:58 AM
hey red crabber how is the no smoking coming along? i hope you are having an easier time than i am but i can proudly say that it has been tough for me but some how i still managed to stay smoke free. it has been 11 days and i still had a reflex this morning to reach for an imaginary cigarette in the truck on the way to work. i hope that reflex leaves me soon.

redcrbbr
01-07-2003, 03:22 PM
i have to say that i did cave in for one butt two days ago, got so dizzy that i put it out the window, first couple of days were really tough, lighting up was all i could think about. not bad now. noticed a few changes- food..seem to be eating a bit more often. breathing already not having the morning hack and the weeze is going away. as of now i think i have it beat. just wish the wife would give it up now. she gets to smoke outside or if it's raining or snowing...by the cats litter box. thanks for asking

Mr. Kav
01-08-2003, 08:19 AM
glad to hear it is going well for you. keep it up but i am still thinking about lighting up for any little excuse.

thanks van for the encouragement
no rush on the forms if you are still interested when ever you get to it is fine. i am trying to organize myself to be able to go to that raffle on 2/15/03. it would be nice to get together and finally meet.

JohnR
02-04-2003, 08:56 AM
So how has the quit smoking campaign going?

Mr. Kav
02-04-2003, 09:11 AM
it will be 6 weeks this friday. i still want one at least once a day but not as bad as in the beginning

redcrbbr
02-04-2003, 09:20 AM
i'm puffing again, sucks.....

Got Stripers
02-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Will power boys, still smoke free after 2 years, 1 month and 4 days and at 2 packs a day I'm about $6,876 richer on paper :). If I were smart I'd have stuck my butt money in a jar every day, be down the keys right now doing some fishing.

Jenn
02-04-2003, 03:47 PM
give you guys credit for trying thats for sure!!!
so I just had to have a tooth pulled and they said "no smoking for two days" ....(lookit lady if I could go two days I woulda quit by now...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: DUH!!) it hasnt been two HOURS and I am starting to get a little punchy....:smash: