View Full Version : The NBA

FishermanTim
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Is it just me, or did the Utah Jazz play like a bunch of thugs last night?
I won't even get into the circus like appearance of the team (WAY TOO MANY Tatoos!) but some of the fouls were flagrant and aimed at hurting they player, not just stopping the shots.

Fortunately, the C's played above that and took care of business.
The epitome was NOT taking the final shot, because they had already beaten them enough as it was, so making it a 40 point victory would have been a waste of a good shot.

I find that whenever a team falls back into the "hurry up and shoot a 3 pointer" mode, they have basically resigned the game in the hopes of some quick points. This rarely ever works, and will only hasten their demise. Utah started their demise in the 2nd quarter.

Let's hope Scal will be alright.

FishermanTim
02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
My apologies to anyone from Utah or a fan of the Jazz.
The team the C's played last night were the Denver Nuggets.

luds
02-24-2009, 01:29 PM
:biglaugh::rotf2:

EarnedStripes44
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Kenyon Martin is a thug, pure and simple. Plus, there is that residual animosity from his New Jersey days playing against Walker and Pierce

ProfessorM
02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Pretty much normal play back in the 80's, Pistons, Philly, Tree Rollins, etc... I like hard fouls and have no problem with them and a little dirty play now and then is part of the game, all games. Bring back Jungle Jim Luscutoff

FishermanTim
02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
A little hard foul now and then is expected as part of establishing your game, but when the fouls are intended to injure and possibly end careers, it's a different story.