View Full Version : Anybody Get the Number of That Truck?

Crafty Angler
02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Jesus Mary and Josephine - I haven't been this sick in literally years - like 20 maybe -

Started Friday, tried to brass it out Saturday at work and by Sunday I was a mess - I had it all going on. Half the guys at work are out and one ended up with pneumonia...:hs:

I finally gave up and went to the emergency clinic this morning first thing some sort of flu with respiratory complications the doc said - infected sinuses, ears, explosive case of the runs and my diaphragm sore from coughing and sneezing - all my bones and joints ache, I was even photophobic from the sinus thing -

Extra HD antibiotics and the codeine cough syrup should help - I haven't had this kind of ass-whipping from a virus in a helluva long time - next year I'll get a flu shot I suppose but then that's not a guarantee either -

Anybody else here get hammered with this crap? I understand in RI the flu outbreak was later than usual my wife said - this is brutal -

Can't wait to thank the gal at work who came in hacking, snotting and coughing - :whackin: - talk about Typhoid Mary

I'm just hoping to recoup in time for TFCTFN - I was able to get the nite off for it - I'll be PO'd if I still have the crud by then, and I don't want to give anyone else this 'gift' if I'm not...:mad:

derf
02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Anybody else here get hammered with this crap?
yup , 4 weeks of it !!
just starting to feel like a semi-human being again :o
haven't been that sick in 15 years ....
the cough syrup does the trick ..

Raven
02-24-2009, 04:58 PM
eating big oranges......... its brutal...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/techno-6.gif

striperman36
02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Same thing happened to me last year, ER, out for a week, on respiratory therapy for a month.

This year flu shot and the Raven therapies have saved me.
Now if I could only get ride of all the eggs and bread I bought listening to him about the next great blizzard I'd be all set :jump1:

Crafty Angler
02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Yup, ol' Doc Raven was one of the first guys I thought about -

I think I'm gonna have to get a consultation, 'cause this is nobody's idea of a good time...:hs:

To tell you the truth, based on first hand experience, I have better luck with herbal/holistic type cures and found acupuncture and Eastern medicine more effectice than traditional methods.

Unfortunately, my acupuncturist and herbalist here on the island has since retired - he was excellent -

BMEUPSCOTTY
02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
My gfs daughter is getting over pneumonia, and 3 of the 8 people I work with are sick. I cant believe I haven't come down with something yet.http://digilander.libero.it/le.faccine/faccinea/porello/0002016.gif

Raven
02-25-2009, 06:10 AM
now recognizes acupuncture as an official treatment
and will pay for it

from mingling at plugfest and later breaking down and napping in the car....i caught my first cold in many years

i only made it as far as the Stoughton exit 8 on 495 and the vehicle
told me ....i ain't gonna make it... B#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g again.. :hs:

geesh i spent $100 bucks at the Eagle station that afternoon on a mini tune up and afterwards it ran OK, so i thought i was all set.

NOPE! i ended up driving it back and spent the night in plymouth at the comfort INN ...........for another Hundred :wall:
the van's still down there. :doh:

Raven
02-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Yup, ol' Doc Raven was one of the first guys I thought about -

I think I'm gonna have to get a consultation, 'cause this is nobody's idea of a good time...:hs:

To tell you the truth, based on first hand experience, I have better luck with herbal/holistic type cures and found acupuncture and Eastern medicine more effective than traditional methods.

Unfortunately, my acupuncturist and herbalist here on the island has since retired - he was excellent -

i've ...... been a herbalist ........ since 1970

Crafty Angler
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM
I dunno, Rav - I've had a beaut of a year myself, so I'm sorry to hear about the down note following Plugfest for ya...:doh:

All you can do is what you can do - that's where my bride and I are at anymore. Not being fatalistic but I feel like ya just gotta get up every day and kick butt as best you can.

On the other hand, I'll have to admit that after a few years of waking up to what feels like a bar-room brawl every other day to take care of business has put a real dent in my charisma given it might have been a little thin to begin with -

Anyhow - just woke up - had to leave about O-dark thirty to get one of my dogs up to Angell Memorial for an operation to repair a torn cruciate ligament in her right rear leg. I know you went through a real tough spell with Star when she got hurt - for us pups are the best people, I guess. Wasn't a fun trip at that hour when ya feel like hammered lizard chit to boot -

Geez, I gotta remember to stay off the codeine cough syrup I'm taking for this crud I've got before going online...:spin:

Anyway, sorta figured you were more than just a health hobbiest - hope you're not gonna go thru this same stuff I've been dealing with -

Oh man, that's about it for me - I think I'd better crawl back in the rack for a while again...:sleeps:

Raven
02-25-2009, 03:09 PM
you need the elimination Diet....

fruit and ...easy to digest food...

mint tea for stomach cramps- if ya gottem

~
I once had a dog that had that operation
and the vet goofed up
and shaved both hips so that she had a mohawk :doh:

Bishop169
02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
I got the flu shot it didn't help with this strain...

I read teh first post and was like wow did i write that.. same story here its been a little over a week and i'm jsut starting to feel better then again i hate going to the doc's so i didnt'

Saltheart
02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
On my way to China I was supposed to be on a Swiss air flight . I actually ended up with a Lufthansa plane and crew because there was so much flu in Zurich that Swiss air couldn't muster a crew. At least that is what they told us. I felt the heeby jeebies during my two hour layover in Zurich for the connecting flight. :)

Crafty Angler
02-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Just got a call from work that my supervisor got put in the hospital last night as a result of it - it was the ass't super who called and he just got over pneumonia related to it -

I'm probably the last guy to give this kind of advice, but if you feel this coming down the pike, get your butt to a clinic pronto - believe me, you sure don't want to wait for the train wreck this crap turns into...:hs:

Don't let it develop on ya, Mike - it's been almost a week for me now and I'm a long way from out of the woods given the way I feel right now -