RIROCKHOUND
02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I lack the time to read 147p. when you get to the end sum it up for us :D

buckman
02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
We're broke!

justplugit
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
There won't be any $$$ left for free govt tissues to wipe the American's noses.

buckman
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
It's a good read. Same story. It starts off blaming Bush, spends a bunch of money we don't have, and then promises to fix health care, end unemployment, cure cancer.........well you know how it ends. They win, America loses

One more thing...I thought we might have a rally on Wall St. today, but something happened to change that. Any ideas?

RIROCKHOUND
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
They win, America loses

ONLY if this: doesn't come to pass.
"and then promises to fix health care, end unemployment, cure cancer.........well you know how it ends. "

If he can do even some of those, would it still be a failure???

buckman
02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
ONLY if this: doesn't come to pass.
"and then promises to fix health care, end unemployment, cure cancer.........well you know how it ends. "

If he can do even some of those, would it still be a failure???

Ask your 4 year old. They are the ones that will pay the piper if it does not. It's a hell of a gamble if you ask me.

RIROCKHOUND
02-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a gamble, but it is beyond pessimistic to say that we will fail, and not do any of those things!

fishbones
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
If this bill in any way can fix even one of the three things mentioned above, it won't be a success........it will be a miracle.

justplugit
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Just noticed your signature FB. :hihi: :rotflmao:

Nebe
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Ask your 4 year old. They are the ones that will pay the piper if it does not. It's a hell of a gamble if you ask me.

would you rather Obama turn off the faucet and let this country fester like a rotting turd...

buckman
02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
would you rather Obama turn off the faucet and let this country fester like a rotting turd...

No, how about changing some policy. Do the things this country needs to keep it profitable for companies to stay here. Give them a reason for developing new products. Incentive for doing well. It always works, always. Reward those who do nothing and soon everyone will do nothing.

I would rather they do nothing then what they are doing. They are f@#$ing every one of us.

Travis
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Reward those who do nothing and soon everyone will do nothing.

I would rather they do nothing then what they are doing. They are f@#$ing every one of us.

Amen! Glad to see we now reward the lazy, they can now collect from their couch, no need to get a job...so much for Reagan....

basswipe
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM

Already is a rotting turd.Stimulus...no.An entire generation(including your child) paying more than half their earnings back to the government...a very big yes.

3 trillion in debt by 2012 brings us way beyond a rotting turd,it pretty much brings the American way of life to a very bitter end.But then again nothing lasts forever...the Roman Empire and the Soviet Union come to my mind.

Obama and his policies are the nail in the coffin that was once the great experiment known as The United States of America.We might live on in name but the name is all we'll have left.

As Obama once stated:
"And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion."

I for one ain't clinging but I damn well am keeping a firm hold(on my guns anyway!).

Good night my fellow and and soon to be former Americans.

JohnnyD
02-26-2009, 06:36 PM
so much for Reagan....

I've grown quite tired of hearing people mention Reagan. I was so over-used by the Repubs in the past election that it has completely lost any potency.

striperman36
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
But then again nothing lasts forever...the Roman Empire and the Soviet Union come to my mind.

I said that a while ago, but Spence smacked my ass!!!
I need a prayer rug, real soon. Or maybe a red dot on my forehead.
Or maybe .....

likwid
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I need a prayer rug, real soon. Or maybe a red dot on my forehead.

Hindu or Islam, one or the other big guy.

RIJIMMY
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
tax, tax, tax

RIROCKHOUND
02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Already is a rotting turd.

Obama and his policies are the nail in the coffin that was once the great experiment known as The United States of America.We might live on in name but the name is all we'll have left.

Good night my fellow and and soon to be former Americans.

Then leave. Where are you going to go that's better.

RIJIMMY
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM

lets see how long the wait lines are at the hospital after health care reforms, lets see how much education $ goes up for my kids to go to college - since I'll be paying for everyone elses too, lets see the result of this budget in my taxes - cap gains, reduction in itemized deductions. Then I can compare if there is anyplace better.

RIROCKHOUND
02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Fair enough.

buckman
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM
lets see how long the wait lines are at the hospital after health care reforms, lets see how much education $ goes up for my kids to go to college - since I'll be paying for everyone elses too, lets see the result of this budget in my taxes - cap gains, reduction in itemized deductions. Then I can compare if there is anyplace better.

Don't forget reducing the mortgage interest deduction. Yep, that's part of it too.

basswipe
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM

EXCUSE ME!!!

What have you done for your country lately Bryan?I'll bet nothing other than vote for this sh!thead.

Never talk down to a vet...BOY.

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Never talk down to a vet...BOY.

haha... "boy", an old timer's way of trying to be condescending.

While there are a large number of vets that deserve respect, I disagree that all vets are entitled to respect.

Also, if this country is already a rotting turd, don't blame "this sh!thead", you can blame the one you probably voted for both times over the last two elections. If it weren't for Bush, we wouldn't have over 3000 soldiers dead in Iraq.

basswipe
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM

While there are a large number of vets that deserve respect, I disagree that all vets are entitled to respect.

Also, if this country is already a rotting turd, don't blame "this sh!thead", you can blame the one you probably voted for both times over the last two elections. If it weren't for Bush, we wouldn't have over 3000 soldiers dead in Iraq.

Ya a knee jerk reaction on my part for sure.It was meant to inflame and that was the intent,I admit that and then some but I've earned that right.

But...

...how you read into my response that "sh!thead" was evenly slightly responsible for any dead soldiers in Iraq is beyond me.:huh:

Obama's definitely responsible(as a senator along with Sen.Frank) for the financial mess we're in.

Btw the US casualties are well over 4200.

Please think before you post.

spence
02-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Obama's definitely responsible(as a senator along Sen.Frank) for the financial mess we're in.
Obama's tenure in the Senate is so short you can't really assign much if any responsibility of the problem to him. Frank does get some but there's plenty of blame to go around. It's a failure of our Government, not of one particular party.

Obama though, does now "own" the problem.

-spence

buckman
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM

I've grown quite tired of hearing people mention Bush. It was so over-used by the Democratse in the past election that it has completely lost any potency.:hihi:

basswipe
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM

And that's because you aren't one.

A very sad and very lame statement on your part.

buckman
02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Obama's tenure in the Senate is so short you can't really assign much if any responsibility of the problem to him. Frank does get some but there's plenty of blame to go around. It's a failure of our Government, not of one particular party.

Obama though, does now "own" the problem.

-spence

I disagree Spence. We now "own" the problem

basswipe
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
JohnnyD you should take a very close look at responses such as Spence's.I certainly don't agree with most of his views but he makes great intelligent,thought out responses(as does Nebe).

spence
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I disagree Spence. We now "own" the problem

A valid point, though neither you nor I will be known for success or failure by historians.

-spence

justplugit
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Every vet no matter who, what where or when gets my respect for giving up a minimum of 2 years of their life to defend our country.

That would be those who join up for patriotic duty.

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Please think before you post.

I always think before I post. Probably the reason why my posts contain facts and flaming is mostly absent from them.

I also fail to see how you've "earned" the right to be condescending.

JohnnyD you should take a very close look at responses such as Spence's.I certainly don't agree with most of his views but he makes great intelligent,thought out responses(as does Nebe).

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I've grown quite tired of hearing people mention Bush. It was so over-used by the Democratse in the past election that it has completely lost any potency.:hihi:

Haha... +1 for you buck. Nice. I'll give you that one.

Even though there's a difference between a person that was El Presidente for 8 years, and a overused campaign catchphrase.

:kewl: