View Full Version : getting screw again

xyzs
02-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Ok !!! Who herd a possible new toll bridge is going up and guess were???? the sag and bourn...The way thier going to do it is by your car plates take a picture then send you a bill...
My Question is how much are they going to charge $2-$2.50-or even $3.00 this is B.S.no way should this happen,then what bridge is next...What is gona happen is you will scare off the fisherman and others that come to the cape, I know if I travel to mass and pay an toll to get onto he cape it could change my mind about fishing on the cape,or traveling to c.c.[wtfm].......Jim

RIJIMMY
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
nevermind the traffic

fishbones
02-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Less people fishing down the Cape is fine by me.

2na
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
how much for the tunnel??

Back Beach
02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok !!! Who herd a possible new toll bridge is going up and guess were???? the sag and bourn...The way thier going to do it is by your car plates take a picture then send you a bill...
My Question is how much are they going to charge $2-$2.50-or even $3.00 this is B.S.no way should this happen,then what bridge is next...What is gona happen is you will scare off the fisherman and others that come to the cape, I know if I travel to mass and pay an toll to get onto he cape it could change my mind about fishing on the cape,or traveling to c.c.[wtfm].......Jim

This could possibly be another internet propogated myth...did you hear this on another site? If so its bogus, but......

The story regarding canal dredging and subsequent closure of close to 6 miles of canal shoreline beginning 5/1/2009 is very true. Man, its gonna be crowded down there this year. :behead:

Slipknot
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I saw that on the news

just some more money grab ideas being tossed around by polititions who are desperate and are dreaming up more ways to bleed us for money to compensate for their failures to balance budgets and wasteful spending.

it'll never happen

Swimmer
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
In East Bridgewater two women are trying to get a group of townspeople together to come up with more ways the town can raise money through new taxes. And guess where they want all the new money raised by the as yet to be found new sources of money to go, the schools. This is two civilians who do not work for the town itself. They don't even serve on an elected board. I can only imagine what political party they are enrolled in.

FishermanTim
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
So does that only effect cars?
Will they include all/any trucks crossing over, bringing all/any consumer goods? If so, you can expect a serious jump in the cost of EVERYTHING!

This is just some political whackjob's attempt to appease his own wet dream at the cost of everyone the lives and travels on the cape.

If this idiotic idea (one of many this state has had to offer) were to pass, you would definitely see tourism and businesses on the cape drop sharply, just adding to the strain the residents will be enduring.

Sweetwater
02-27-2009, 11:26 AM
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/NEWS11/90226026

Slipknot
02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
In East Bridgewater two women are trying to get a group of townspeople together to come up with more ways the town can raise money through new taxes. And guess where they want all the new money raised by the as yet to be found new sources of money to go, the schools. This is two civilians who do not work for the town itself. They don't even serve on an elected board. I can only imagine what political party they are enrolled in.

well more money for schools is a good thing IMO, some schools don't have enough to function, they can use more. Nothing wrong with investing in our children.
There might be other ways to do it though without just simply raising taxes.

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Man, its gonna be crowded down there this year. :behead:

I think this month's article in OTW about "the best fishing in 20 years" at the Ditch has already guaranteed that.

fishbones
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I think this month's article in OTW about "the best fishing in 20 years" at the Ditch has already guaranteed that.

That never happened last year. The article in OTW was fiction and those pictures were actually taken in RI in 2006. Everyone knows there aren't any fish in the canal.;)

FishermanTim
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
They're going to start a fish toll for fish coming through the canal.
It's not the first and it won't be the last great STUPID idea to come out of elected braintrust on Beacon Hill.

Rob Rockcrawler
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
If the do it i hope they throw up a mcdonalds on the other bank. That 300 am value meal is going to get expensive. I usually cross the bridges two or 3 times during the course of an outing.

Rocco34520
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks like i will be staying on mainland if this end up happening.

xyzs
02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Q-Is this state gona send you a bill every time we go over the bridge that would be not a good thing.That means you pay $$$'s plus you also pay for the stamp
the next bumper sticker should be a big KISS my,a DONKEY picture with the backside showing.. with the letters P.D.

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Q-Is this state gona send you a bill every time we go over the bridge that would be not a good thing.That means you pay $$$'s plus you also pay for the stamp
the next bumper sticker should be a big KISS my,a DONKEY picture with the backside showing.. with the letters P.D.

If the state is smart, it will be monthly and you'll be able to pay online. However, all of that is dependent on "if the state is smart" and I think we all know the answer to that.

tattoobob
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
If you people think a 2 to 3 dollar toll is going to stop people from going to the Cape, I think you better go back to school because it isn't.
Did it stop people when gas was $4.50 a gallon? NO
Relax and stop over reacting

Squid kids Dad
02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
It wont stop me thats for sure..Plus relax..The state spent all that money for the fly over to relieve traffic they are not going to put toll booths up

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
This is my favorite part:
"We're looking at congestion management options," Cape Cod Commission executive director Paul Niedzwiecki said in an interview yesterday. "It's not toll booths."

So, just because they won't be putting up booths, people shouldn't have a problem with it?

I partly agree with tattoobob, people are still going to flood the Cape in the summer months no matter what, and traffic is going to suck during the times it usually does no matter what. I do not believe the average family is going to adjust their plans to leave at 8pm on Sunday because the toll is $2.00 cheaper than if they left at noon like they want to.

And if this really is a "congestion management plan" then they should only need to have the billing system operational Memorial Day through Labor Day and during that time only Friday through Sunday, no? Those are the only months that congestion is a major issue. Otherwise, the people living around the Cape area or people who commute onto the Cape for work are the ones really paying the bill.

I wish they would at least have the balls to call this what it really is, an added revenue stream.

MAKAI
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
the Revolution draws nigh, vote the Democrats into extinction, or we will be living like a cuban.

gone fishin
02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Amazing how an article that appears as this one did stirs up the troops. There are a bunch of problems that arise with toll booths on the bridges. What we could end up with is a series of toll booths like Conn. used to have. As I recall there were toll booths just about every town you passed through. I remember keeping a couple of rolls of quarters in the car just for tolls. High speed cameras have problems also. The pike is now under the gun for their failures.

If road congestion and repair is a problem, maybe a gas tax increase will be a less painful solution. Patrick will take a lot of heat, but realistically it could end the bureaucracy of the highway departments and spread the loot around, repairing the bridges and roads as needed. That will make one crook responsible instead of the multiples we now have.

The Capes retail is already having problems. Stores are closing and I noticed more vacancies than ever. Not enough customers to support them. The towns should be concentrating on getting more vehicles over the bridge and making a stay on the Cape a pleasure, rather than a rip off. I also noticed more real estate for sale today than any year past.

:topic:

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Amazing how an article that appears as this one did stirs up the troops. There are a bunch of problems that arise with toll booths on the bridges. What we could end up with is a series of toll booths like Conn.

There won't be any actual "booths". Travel would occur just as it always has. Only difference is the state's going to send you a bill.

stiff tip
02-28-2009, 04:59 AM
stay off my island...pay 2 play .fish on your side of da pond....it will never fly.....its all :bs: