View Full Version : Mike Vrabel

Sweetwater
02-27-2009, 03:31 PM
WEEI reporting that Mike Vrabel is to be traded to the KC Chiefs. No other info.

Comments?

Slipknot
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
sucks but doesn't surprise me
I'll miss him and I'm sure the goal line offense will as well.

fishbones
02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow, that would be too bad. He's a very good player and a big part of the Patriots success since he's been here. He's also a real nice guy and is popular around the community. I hope it's not true.

The Dad Fisherman
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Vrabel trade confirmed

When reached via e-mail, Patriots outside linebacker Mike Vrabel confirmed that he has been dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs, as first reported by the NFL Network.

In response to an e-mail that asked, "Have you been traded to the Kansas City Chiefs?" Vrabel responded with a one-word answer: "Yes."

And so ends his eight-year career with the Patriots, which includes three Super Bowl titles and the only Pro Bowl berth of his career, which came in 2007, when he had 12.5 sacks, the most by a Patriot since 1987 and the most by a Patriots player under coach Bill Belichick.

Vrabel, who will turn 34 in August, finished fifth on the Patriots in tackles last season with 67, according to coaches' calculations, but his sack number dropped to four. He also had an interception.

Vrabel denied rumors that he was hampered by a shoulder injury that was affecting his production.

A veteran of 12 NFL seasons, Vrabel, who signed with the Patriots as a free agent in 2001, was entering the last year of his current contract and was due to make $2.2 million in base salary, but count $4.3 million against the cap. It's possible his trade was done with an eye towards creating more cap space for the Patriots.

It is uncertain what the Patriots will receive in return for Vrabel, though ESPN's John Clayton is reporting it is an undisclosed draft choice.

Sweetwater
02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Of course it's difficult to determine whether the trade is good or not until we hear what the Pats get in compensation. I know Tony Gonzales wants out of KC (but I can't see a one-for-one swap). Maybe it's to sweeten a trade for Matt Cassel and KC's 1st rounder..but that seems too rich for KC too.

Dunno..have to wait and see.

Squid kids Dad
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I think this is tied up somehow with trading Cassel...We will see shortly:patshelmet:

ProfessorM
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
In Bill we Trust

boot man
02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Better to trade him a year too early than a year too late.

That being said, he was a big part of some great teams and he will be missed.

striperman36
02-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice guy in the neighborhood too. Always was willing to spend time with the kids.
I'll miss seeing him around