View Full Version : Bridge Tolls

Backbeach Jake
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Not Trolls, tolls. They're talking about photoing license plates and send us a toll bill everytime we drive across the Canal. I've applied for a new number plate: "4Q" Why is it that everytime the economy hits the skids taxes go up, The government wants more money when this is none? I'm gonna saw off the bridges and float the Cape away from this nut-farm....

reelecstasy
02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
non-cape resident toll... still bs, not to mention possibly higher rates during peak travel times, and the fact that big bro will know when you are on and off cape....

BigFish
02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
They can all go Fyuck themselves!!!:af::af::af::af::af:

JohnnyD
02-27-2009, 06:44 PM
They can all go Fyuck themselves!!!:af::af::af::af::af:

My sentiments exactly. The only benefit will be to hear about the interesting ways people attempt to work around or fool they system.

Grapenuts
02-27-2009, 08:38 PM
ahh! gave up on that idea..dog found my stash and chewed up a stick, then started laying fart bombs aound the house..man you should have seen her shoot across the room when she fired one off.

Slipknot
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Not that it is ever going to be a reality, but that would suck for those of us who like to try different spots at the canal when we fish there, I'd imagine fewer people would fish the capeside if that happened.:fishslap:

Backbeach Jake
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Never thought of that, bouoncing back and forth across the Canal during the course of a weekend could get real pricey. Won't happen. These wacked proposals are just to condition us for the real screwaroo to be announced lated. Brace yourselves...

BigFish
02-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Why should/would "Cape Residents" be exempt??? Are they not Mass. residents??? Can't wait to hear the reasoning...if you dare!:rolleyes:

numbskull
02-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Why should/would "Cape Residents" be exempt??? Are they not Mass. residents??? Can't wait to hear the reasoning...if you dare!:rolleyes:

Because Ted Kennedy lives here :rude:

BigFish
02-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Touche'!:hihi:

OLD GOAT
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Dear Bigfish Were exempt because were so cute

Mike P
02-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Because the people proposing this lunacy are the Barnstable County Commission, and the Cape Cod Commission. Their theory is that the 240,000 year round residents of Barnstable County pay for the upkeep of the roads and cause little of the wear on them--or something like that.

The Corps of Engineers will never allow it, IMO.

And if they do--I hope these bozos remember that part of Barnstable County is on the other side of the bridges.

And if not---my car is registered in "Bourne", not Buzzards Bay ;)

BigFish
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I thought we all pay for the upkeep of the roads?? Excise tax and such???! People act as if "over the bridge" is some far away land that is just too special to be taxed like the folks who live on the "mainland side"........I wonder how many even know the canal was man made???:eek5:

Mike P
03-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I thought we all pay for the upkeep of the roads?? Excise tax and such???! People act as if "over the bridge" is some far away land that is just too special to be taxed like the folks who live on the "mainland side"........I wonder how many even know the canal was man made???:eek5:

I would say that a good 40% of the people who live on the other side don't know that, and maybe 80% don't realize that "Cape Cod" in the 19th century was considered by many to be anything inside the hook--up to Plymouth and beyond.

There is no such legal entity under the General Laws as "Cape Cod". The legal entity in question is the County of Barnstable.

saltfly
03-01-2009, 11:18 AM
they're trying to get everyone fired up about this:bs: and then run something else in the" Back Door".

justplugit
03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Nothing special no more...
Cape Cod :hihi:...

Starts in Boston to the north...
and extends as far as Fall River to the southwest..
Had people tell me it even goes out towards the Worcester area..

don't matter to this washashore....

most all the natives have left anyway...last Barnstable county population showed that less than 15% of the people here, have lived here less than 10 years....

they did away with a Senior Superlative at my kids high school..ya know the "best dressed, " "most likely to succeed" deals...usta have one, "Most likely to stay on the Cape"...did away with it, because the kids felt it was a "Loser" stamp, the last kid they hung it on, Broke Out in Tears when it was announced... sad to say they are right...might as well read "Most likely to not be employed, or dead from a heroin OD by the age of 30"...

anything that was special about this place was washed away on a long ago tide.
anybody says different got their eyes closed...lock your cars, load your guns, keep your family safe, and keep your eyes open.. we joined the rest of the world...

Cape Cod, for the most part, has always been just a "state of mind" anyway...
and the "mindset"....has changed drastically over the last half century...

Dam shame Karl ,just a dam shame. :(
There are so few, if any, pristine places left to go anymore.

Too many people too many footprints.

It's worse for people who knew it when. Others will never know. :doh: